Infected Minds, Open Hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shock he expected and Gabriel watched it wash over her face without any surprise of his own, merely waiting for judgement....somehow he felt that was the most common reaction to receive....that and questions and those did come. Olivia was not demanding answers, though, merely curious and the blond was allowed to relax just a little, understanding that even if his friend left, she wouldn't do so harshly. And that was Olive, wasn't it? Compassionate....patient. She'd always been so very patient with him.....

He wasn't aware that his dark amber eyes had gone slightly cloudy, somewhat distant as he tried to recall something just out of his reach and it was only Olivia's hand reaching out that brought him back to the present. His body stiffened, but it wasn't just in surprise, but rather it was an expectant reaction....as if he anticipated something other than a simple touch to his clothes. Perhaps like he even expected pain.

Seeing her fingers wrap around the material of his shirt, Gabriel released a shaky breath and then took a steadier inhale, daring to look up into her blue eyes....and he dared to look hopeful that she might stay.

Please stay....

"I....don't remember school. I'm sorry....I....it's...I know we did go to school together. It's like understanding something from when you were so young you couldn't possibly actually remember it. You only know it happened because its a logical conclusion. I know I must have had cancer because I remember that I am an Animalis Infected, but I don't remember being sick, not personally."

He wasn't sure he was doing the best job describing what was happening in his head and Gabriel closed his eyes, bringing his fingers to his temples where the pain was starting to grow, pounding against his skull. The blond tried to ignore it, speaking again, but far more quietly than before, a strain in his voice. "I remember you, but....not everything, not details. I...couldn't tell you what you favorite color is or the names of your parents. I don't even remember my own. I don't know if I had siblings or grandparents. I..." He grit his teeth, agony streaking between his eyes as Gabriel drew in a harsh breath between his teeth, his amber eyes opening again, but this time there was no doubt they were dilated with the pain that had brought sweat beading against his skin.

"I know you. I trust you even if I can't remember why and....and that's enough for me. I don't.....I don't trust anybody and I know I trust you. I know....you won't hurt me." Even he didn't understand why that last part was so very important, but it was and Gabriel lowered his hands, his entire body trembling now.

"I'm sorry. I can't make....make myself remember. It....it h-hurts." Gods, it hurt! His head was pounding and his vision swam, but Olivia had wanted to know and somehow he hadn't wanted to deny her, even knowing what would happen if he tried to withdraw information from that dark void within his mind.

"I-It's okay! You don't have to try and remember if it hurts you." She said suddenly, realizing that he was trying a bit to hard to try and remember the things she was talking about. It seemed that some of his memory was purely instinct based. He remembered she wouldn't hurt him, that she could be trusted. It seemed like a strange thing to remember, something that an animal might keep in mind. But that made since, he would only remember things that would pertain to his survival. What hurt him, and what didn't. What he could eat, and what would make him sick. She was a positive memory, she was a being that could be trusted with his well being. That didn't make it hurt any less that he really didn't remember anything else about her...but it also allowed for a bit of a social opportunity.

"Well, if you don't remember, I'll tell you." Olivia started out slowly, still holding gently onto his shirt as her free hand move to her chin to rub it in thought. It was hard to think of where to even start, as there was just so much to cover. But it would be something to talk about, something to fill the strange silence that had a habit of falling between them. Maybe, if she put some memories in place for him...more would come to him on their own. Or at the very least he could try and piece together a series of events that got him to this point.

Letting go slowy, she took a few steps on the path before turning to look at him over her shoulder, motioning with a small hand. "Come on, I'll tell you while we walk. It's bad if we stay in once place, right?" Giving a shy grin, she motioned again before walking on. When he caught up with her, she would be silent only for a moment, her hands clasped together in front of her as she tried to think of exactly where to start. Considering all things, it might have been best that she started with them. They would be together for awhile after all, at least until either of them decided to part ways on their own path. The more he remembered about her, maybe the more comfortable he'd be around her...or at least familiar he'd be with her.

"We went to school since we were little...We met in elementary school actually..."

Olivia went to talk on for quite some time, telling stories of their childhood. She focused on them mostly, leaving out his family and illness for the time being. It was better to focus on one topic at a time anyway, so that at the very least he didn't get confused. She talking about how they met in first grade and how he saved her from a bully, pushing the bigger boy into a pit of mud when he had splashed the nasty water onto her clothing. She talk about the time they first hung out together outside of school, finding out they both lived in the same neighborhood. The times they rode on the bus, or pranked the neighbors and even the time that they won the science fair together. Every story was light and happy, some humorous and others simple and sweet. She went on like this for the whole time, never tired and barely thirsty as she enjoyed remembering their childhood, even if he didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.