In regards to mass shootings and conflict of ideologies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a long post to add. Becouse Brovo and Dervish are covering my opinion on the matter fairly well. I just want to add that I live and work with well integrated, moderate Muslims every single day. Several of them are Turks, who now have to see and hear about Erdogan turning their country into a warmongering, Islamo-fascistisk state day by fucking day. Several of them are Pre-war second generation, syrian immigrants. The fear and uncertainty I hear in their voices and the despair they showed during each of these dreadful attacks have eclipsed my own. Add to that my own countries Nationalists being on the rise and people fucking firebombing/lighting refugee housing on fire? It is a very unpleasant feeling growing in the pit of my stumache right now.
Best of luck. I hope y'all see through it. I hope, whatever happens, y'all keep being as forgiving as you can be given the circumstances.

Normally I do ferret stuff, but, have this really happy cat instead.

giphy.gif

Maybe one day we can all be more like this cat.

Reactions: Brovo
The fear and uncertainty I hear in their voices and the despair they showed during each of these dreadful attacks have eclipsed my own. Add to that my own countries Nationalists being on the rise and people fucking firebombing/lighting refugee housing on fire?
Everytime an atrocity like this happens, incidents like the above are what normal people fear. Hate crimes increase, fear increases, and for the normal Muslim who just wants to live his or her life in peace, they feel trapped between a rock and a hard place. It's a sad and scary situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.