In Need of Some Romance (Partner Search)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinder

Inconceivable
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High, Low, Modern, Any), Romance, Supernatural Creatures, Fairytale Retellings, Mythological, Heroes' Journeys, Fandom (Bioware Games). Open to Trying Different Genres.
Good day/afternoon/evening. I'm Tinder and today I am searching yet again for a new partner. Lately I have been craving a good romance roleplay and unfortunately the ones I've tried to start are taking a while to get off the ground. Because of this (and the fact that I have the rest of the week free leaving me lots of time to write) I'd like to find a new partner in hopes of getting in some roleplaying before my spring break ends. With that said, let's get this started.

Traits I'm Looking For:
  • Length - As a rule, I prefer content be placed in order of importance over length, but I have also found that short posts tend to kill my interest in a roleplay. Because of this, I'd like to ask that my partner be able to post at least two decent paragraphs per post. If you can post more than this, that would be great too. I tend to try to live up to what my partner posts, so when you post a lot, it motivates me to do the same in return. I can deal with less if the plot is at a slow point, but under no circumstance will I accept one-liners. Sorry but like I said short posts kill my interest in a roleplay, especially one-liners.
  • Grammar - I would like you to have a good understanding of grammar. The occasional spelling error or grammatical error is fine, but I would like them to be only occasional. Please be able to write in third person as well and stay in the correct tense. Again, the occasional mistake is understandable, but I tend to be distracted by repeated errors.
  • Activity - This is subject to change, but right now I would like someone who can post fairly often as in at least once or every other day. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm on spring break and would like to get a head start on a roleplay while I can. Once next Monday hits though my activity level will like drop back down to once every other day or less. As an English major with a lot of writing classes, I tend to get overwhelmed with homework during the week. Of course I'm very flexible when it comes to this, so feel free to talk to me about it if you're concerned. Also please tell me if you're going to be gone for an extended amount of time or if you've lost interest in the roleplay. I have been left in the cold by partners before and I really don't like when it happens. I put a lot of thought into my roleplays and it's always sad to see one die before it even starts because my partner disappears. I understand that life happens, but I just ask you to be upfront with me when it does.
  • Writing Style - By this I mean how you usually roleplay. I'm looking for someone who will take an active role in creating the plot for the story with me. I don't really have any ideas for plots at the moment, so we will need to work together to create something. I would also like you to be fairly confident in your ability to make interesting characters. Please be able to handle side characters as well.
Alright, that's about all I can think of there. Now onto a few tidbits about myself, just so you know what you're getting yourself into. ;)

Comments on Myself:
  • I can play both genders, but right now I kind of want to be playing a woman. If you can bring me a fairly juicy plot with a male role open I might be willing to take it, but that's just not what I'm in the mood for right now. Also I prefer not to double because I tend to focus on one character rather than giving them both the amount of attention they deserve which kind of makes the whole thing a bit pointless. ^^;
  • I really like to be detailed when building the world and plot of my roleplays so be ready for some serious brainstorming. ;)
  • Romance - Since romance will more than likely be a main part of our roleplay, I would just like to mention that I only do MxF relationships. Also I do not like having sexual content in my roleplays. I prefer to keep the romance elements to a PG-13 level, meaning we stop at kissing. No fade-to-black or implied things please.
  • Violence - I'm not really bothered by anything to do with violence or gore, so just follow the site's rules and we'll be fine. If you've got any issues with it, please let me know.
  • Language - I can handle language, but I do ask that you keep it to a minimum. If the situation calls for a curse, then I don't mind, but just don't have your character cursing every other word. I find it distracting to have to read through.
Okay, so I don't really have any plots in mind at the moment, but there are a few elements I'm looking for. Hopefully some of these caught your attention.

Plot Interests:
  • Settings - I prefer using fantasy settings to all others. I have always found I work better when I am allowed to completely invent the world. I tend to do a lot of medieval roleplays as well, though there are often fantasy elements mixed into them. I might be willing to try historical settings or science fiction settings if you can give me a really good plot. I'm not very experienced with them though, so you'd have to be patient with me. I do not want to use modern settings though. I tend to get bored in modern settings as I find it harder to invent interesting plot points when I'm worrying about whether I'm portraying a place accurately or not.
  • Plot - I would like there to be some kind of relationship at the center of our roleplay whether that relationship is just beginning or has been going on for a while. My favorite kind of story usually involves forbidden romance of some kind (a guilty pleasure of mine), but I have also been interested in trying out a romance between two people who grew up together. Maybe engaged at a young age and how their relationship has changed and what not. I would even be willing to try out a relationship between a married couple or maybe just two people who have been together for a while.
  • PLEASE NOTE THOUGH - I do not want the roleplay to only be concerned with romance. I like a nice mix of action and drama with my romance. I like throwing in court politics, intrigue, maybe some action, even a straight up adventure. In the end, I want there to be more than just our characters falling in love. There should be higher stakes like impending war or revolt in the background, something bigger than the two of them.
  • Ideas that Interest Me - Re-imagined Fairytales (maybe something with Beauty and Beast), Romeo-and-Juliet Type Plots (might have something for this that could be worked off), Celtic Plot Elements, Court Intrigue, Characters Engaged as Children and Separated for Several Years.
  • No Fandom Plots please. I'm not very good with those.
That's all for now. If I sound interesting and you'd like to it a whirl, PM me. I will be eagerly awaiting your message.

Status
Not open for further replies.