In-Character Combat Style

N

Nebulon Ranger

Original poster
This is definitely more of a discussion / development general thread, so I marked it as a resource.

Combat style is a topic that's always interested me, whether it mixes magic / powers in or not. How do they fight? Why do they fight the way they do? Were they taught or is it all learned and conditioned behavior? Do they fight at all in the traditional sense of the term? What makes a character tick in battle? Do they cope better one-on-one or in a group, whether as a supporter or main damage dealer? How a specific character fights could also be influenced by their cultural upbringing, whether it's a warrior culture or not.

As for magic or powers in combat, developing these is always fun. How does the character use them? Do they focus on augmenting proverbial damage output, supporting others via passive or active uses of magic or specific powers, or do they control the field with effective use of them? What feats can a character accomplish in battle by combining raw combat skill with supernatural ability? These are subjects I definitely want to hear from Iwaku on.