Breaking Down Barriers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now we're rolling the dice for the next world you're going to check? Like the Nanairo portals?

@The Silver Paladin

Aaron raised his eyebrow. "Nanairo portal?" He shrugged. "Yes, essentially. It could be an Earthlike planet, or a barren wasteland."

Aaron raised his eyebrow. "Nanairo portal?" He shrugged. "Yes, essentially. It could be an Earthlike planet, or a barren wasteland."
'The Nanairo Portals sprang up all over the galaxy a couple of years ago. They took us to new and distant galaxies, with worlds which were strange and different. One was full of Ice, it's people long dead. Another was a swamp where everything was Dark and existed in reverse. Strange...and sometimes terrible places indeed.'

@The Silver Paladin

'The Nanairo Portals sprang up all over the galaxy a couple of years ago. They took us to new and distant galaxies, with worlds which were strange and different. One was full of Ice, it's people long dead. Another was a swamp where everything was Dark and existed in reverse. Strange...and sometimes terrible places indeed.'

@The Silver Paladin

Riley nodded. "Then yes, exactly like those, except these are controlled. Now, let me show you to my office." He typed some things into a keypad by the door, and said something in Chinese to a woman outside of it. "I've taken a few languages as well." He said. They walked down several hallways until they came to an Oak door, out of place with its surroundings. "Here it is." He said.

Nice place you've got here. It's nice to have a proper home between missions. It's been years since I've returned home to Kollin. I've mainly lived on either my Hypercruiser or in The Town. Where was your home, Aaron?'

@The Silver Paladin

Nice place you've got here. It's nice to have a proper home between missions. It's been years since I've returned home to Kollin. I've mainly lived on either my Hypercruiser or in The Town. Where was your home, Aaron?'

@The Silver Paladin

Aaron sighed. "A town called Ur. I was bullied there, and I was an orphan. I didn't have it very good until I became a warrior of Light." He opened the door, showing an office with a glass floor, and a large glass window at the back, with a desk piled with papers on it, and a computer array on one wall. "This is just a temporary space. I come here every few months, stay here for a few weeks and work, then return to my home in Virginia."

Aaron sighed. "A town called Ur. I was bullied there, and I was an orphan. I didn't have it very good until I became a warrior of Light." He opened the door, showing an office with a glass floor, and a large glass window at the back, with a desk piled with papers on it, and a computer array on one wall. "This is just a temporary space. I come here every few months, stay here for a few weeks and work, then return to my home in Virginia."
'Virginia...I'm not familiar with that planet.' Rallen pressed a button on his Prizmod, and a circle, almost like a tracking radar, appeared around him and Aaron. The singular scanning line rotated a couple of times, until a pillar of white holographic sand appeared in front of Aaron before vanishing. 'Sorry about that. Just a quick scan. You're definetely fully human, and there's no Krawl presence here. I just thought that a 'Warrior of Light' was a High Krawl thing.'

@The Silver Paladin
(OOC: Yes, that's a really awkward description, but I can't find any gameplay photos.)

'Virginia...I'm not familiar with that planet.' Rallen pressed a button on his Prizmod, and a circle, almost like a tracking radar, appeared around him and Aaron. The singular scanning line rotated a couple of times, until a pillar of white holographic sand appeared in front of Aaron before vanishing. 'Sorry about that. Just a quick scan. You're definetely fully human, and there's no Krawl presence here. I just thought that a 'Warrior of Light' was a High Krawl thing.'

@The Silver Paladin
(OOC: Yes, that's a really awkward description, but I can't find any gameplay photos.)

Aaron laughed. "Virginia is a state, in the country of the United States of America, on that planet just below you." He took off the space suit's glove, showing a burn or scar do some sort. He ran his finger up and down it.

2u76pt3.jpg

"Remember how I told you I got burned in the Illusion? I still have scars from it. Anyway, A Warrior of Light is a Crystal thing. That's a bit hard to explain." He sAt down at his desk, and opened a mini fridge. "Need anything?" He asked

Last edited:
Aaron laughed. "Virginia is a state, in the country of the United States of America, on that planet just below you." He took off the space suit's glove, showing a burn or scar do some sort. He ran his finger up and down it.

[simg]http://oi50.tinypic.com/2u76pt3.jpg[/simg]

"Remember how I told you I got burned in the Illusion? I still have scars from it. Anyway, A Warrior of Light is a Crystal thing. That's a bit hard to explain." He sAt down at his desk, and opened a mini fridge. "Need anything?" He asked
'Some Dog Food, and some minerals if you have them. And some human food which hasn'r came out of a can would be nice.'
Rallen briefly grimaced while he looked at Aaron's scar, but soon regained his composure.
@The Silver Paladin

'Some Dog Food, and some minerals if you have them. And some human food which hasn'r came out of a can would be nice.'
Rallen briefly grimaced while he looked at Aaron's scar, but soon regained his composure.
@The Silver Paladin

Aaron nodded. "Alright." He spoke some Japanese, Chinese, and Latin into his tablet, and soon two women, and a man walked in carrying platters. The Chinese Woman laid her platter on the floor, and opened it up to see Dog Food, and the Japanese woman opened a Steak. "Now, what do you want to talk about? How we should stop these games?"

Aaron nodded. "Alright." He spoke some Japanese, Chinese, and Latin into his tablet, and soon two women, and a man walked in carrying platters. The Chinese Woman laid her platter on the floor, and opened it up to see Dog Food, and the Japanese woman opened a Steak. "Now, what do you want to talk about? How we should stop these games?"
Rallen ate the steak ravenously, as if he hadn't eaten in days. Meanwhile, Logan ate the Dog Food, merrily. After finishing half of the Steak, Rallen said. 'Yep. Let'sa talk about stopping the games. Made any progress on that front?'

@The Silver Paladin

Rallen ate the steak ravenously, as if he hadn't eaten in days. Meanwhile, Logan ate the Dog Food, merrily. After finishing half of the Steak, Rallen said. 'Yep. Let'sa talk about stopping the games. Made any progress on that front?'

@The Silver Paladin

Aaron watched as the steak was eaten. He dismissed the women and man. "Well, yes and no. We think that our two games are the only two that have happened so far. We had the idea... For a simulation training agents for these things. It would be based in Ancient Rome, which I will explain what that is later, and train various agents for their jobs in these Illusion Games, in case they end up in one."

Reactions: Chris Lang
Aaron watched as the steak was eaten. He dismissed the women and man. "Well, yes and no. We think that our two games are the only two that have happened so far. We had the idea... For a simulation training agents for these things. It would be based in Ancient Rome, which I will explain what that is later, and train various agents for their jobs in these Illusion Games, in case they end up in one."
Rallen continued to violently devour the steak. 'Hologram Simulators in Ancient Anywhere doesn't sound like a great idea. Which agents have you got in mind?

@The Silver Paladin

Rallen continued to violently devour the steak. 'Hologram Simulators in Ancient Anywhere doesn't sound like a great idea. Which agents have you got in mind?

@The Silver Paladin

"We have some troops who volunteered to do anything that involves risk. They will do anything. We could test it on them, and then try people who are actually likely to be trapped in an Illusion. People from the Multiverse." He sighed and rubbed his eyes. "I have all the Calculations correct, and we would have a Failsafe."

"We have some troops who volunteered to do anything that involves risk. They will do anything. We could test it on them, and then try people who are actually likely to be trapped in an Illusion. People from the Multiverse." He sighed and rubbed his eyes. "I have all the Calculations correct, and we would have a Failsafe."
Rallen glared at Aaron, mid-chew. 'And that fail-safe would be?' He expected the worst. He put a hand on his Prizmod, almost instinctively. If this was a trick or a trap, or if Aaron planned to kill as part of his 'fail-safe', he'd make sure that his host would taste Musageki's steel!

@The Silver Paladin

Rallen glared at Aaron, mid-chew. 'And that fail-safe would be?' He expected the worst. He put a hand on his Prizmod, almost instinctively. If this was a trick or a trap, or if Aaron planned to kill as part of his 'fail-safe', he'd make sure that his host would taste Musageki's steel!

@The Silver Paladin
"The Failsafe would shut down the system. It would be pulling the plug, essentially returning memories, and ejecting the user." He typed something into his tablet. "The Failsafe would be disguised as say... Something in a tent, or a torch." He continued typing. "We would install a program that would allow certain people to retain their memories, and to return others to the world. And one where we could log in, with our memories." He sighed. "It's in beta right now."

Last edited:
"The Failsafe would shut down the system. It would be pulling the plug, essentially returning memories, and ejecting the user." He typed something into his tablet. "The Failsafe would be disguised as say... Something in a tent, or a torch." He continued typing. "We would install a program that would allow certain people to retain their memories, and to return others to the world. And one where we could log in, with our memories." He sighed. "It's in beta right now."
'So you could eject your agents....why not use the same technology to eject everybody? I'm sure that it doesn't work that way, but I'm sure that Aldous or one of the other NPP Technicians could rig something up. Can you predict where the next game's gonna be?'

@The Silver Paladin

'So you could eject your agents....why not use the same technology to eject everybody? I'm sure that it doesn't work that way, but I'm sure that Aldous or one of the other NPP Technicians could rig something up. Can you predict where the next game's gonna be?'

@The Silver Paladin
Aaron shook his head. "No, that's what we're working up to. And we do plan to eject everyone. The Failsafe is something that will stay in the program indefinitely." Riley filed some papers, and stood up. Riley walked to the computer array. "let me show you."

Aaron shook his head. "No, that's what we're working up to. And we do plan to eject everyone. The Failsafe is something that will stay in the program indefinitely." Riley filed some papers, and stood up. Riley walked to the computer array. "let me show you."
Rallen was still slightly wary of Aaron's plans, but still said: 'Alright. Show me. Have you got a Simulator testing room, or are you planning something a bit more practical?'

@The Silver Paladin

Rallen was still slightly wary of Aaron's plans, but still said: 'Alright. Show me. Have you got a Simulator testing room, or are you planning something a bit more practical?'

@The Silver Paladin
"We don't have a room. We have a device that essentially puts you in a coma. It takes your mind, and makes what you think is real. IT uploads the real memories into a Server mainframe, and implants false memories." He turned on the cameras, to show a girl lying in a bed.

nerve_gear__196425.jpg

"She is in Stasis. anything she does in the world, eats, sleeps, uses the bathroom, the body thinks it has done that in real life. There is no loss of anything, no issues with the body, nothing. In fact, some test subjects were shown to gain weight." He turned off the display. "Right now, we have several simulations. The one she's in is called Tranquility Lane. It's a town simulation. We also have Roma Imperious, Within a dream, and Quest for the Grail." He pointed to a microphone next to the computer array. "We can also talk to them. The people in there think that I'm the Voice of God or whatever, but it works."

Last edited:
"We don't have a room. We have a device that essentially puts you in a coma. It takes your mind, and makes what you think is real. IT uploads the real memories into a Server mainframe, and implants false memories." He turned on the cameras, to show a girl lying in a bed.

nerve_gear__196425.jpg

"She is in Stasis. anything she does in the world, eats, sleeps, uses the bathroom, the body thinks it has done that in real life. There is no loss of anything, no issues with the body, nothing. In fact, some test subjects were shown to gain weight." He turned off the display. "Right now, we have several simulations. The one she's in is called Tranquility Lane. It's a town simulation. We also have Roma Imperious, Within a dream, and Quest for the Grail." He pointed to a microphone next to the computer array. "We can also talk to them. The people in there think that I'm the Voice of God or whatever, but it works."
Rallen knew why Aaron was doing this, but he was still disgusted. 'But that's monstrous! You're manipulating her mind! Throwing her into an Illusion-does she even know what's real, or if she volunteered?'
He flipped a switch on his gauntlet, releasing a blue light, as a black and purple samurai appeared in front of him.
latest
'I don't want to hurt you, Aaron, but I think that there are some questions you need to answer.'

@The Silver Paladin

Status
Not open for further replies.