Breaking Down Barriers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rallen knew why Aaron was doing this, but he was still disgusted. 'But that's monstrous! You're manipulating her mind! Throwing her into an Illusion-does she even know what's real, or if she volunteered?'
He flipped a switch on his gauntlet, releasing a blue light, as a black and purple samurai appeared in front of him.
latest
'I don't want to hurt you, Aaron, but I think that there are some questions you need to answer.'

@The Silver Paladin

Aaron tossed up a crystal, turning him into a knight. "They volunteered. The only way to fully understand the Illusion, is to create one." He tossed a spear in between his hands. "This is only a beta test. Of course they know they're in an Illusion. They have their true memories. The server removing their memories isn't up yet, and I doubt it will ever be! It was an example for how Illusions might work! There. Is. No. Such. Technology."

Aaron tossed up a crystal, turning him into a knight. "They volunteered. The only way to fully understand the Illusion, is to create one." He tossed a spear in between his hands. "This is only a beta test. Of course they know they're in an Illusion. They have their true memories. The server removing their memories isn't up yet, and I doubt it will ever be! It was an example for how Illusions might work! There. Is. No. Such. Technology."
'Yet you know how to create one? Or at least had the intention of doing so? I've tried utilising some of the Multiverse's greatest minds in trying to break the Illusions-and most of them weren't very helpful. I'm just wondering how a knight could build this technology, and more importantly, how it could be misused in the wrong hands.'
Aaron would notice an almost 'Dark Aura' emanating from the Samurai-it cast a shadow, and everything seemed...darker.
@The Silver Paladin

'Yet you know how to create one? Or at least had the intention of doing so? I've tried utilising some of the Multiverse's greatest minds in trying to break the Illusions-and most of them weren't very helpful. I'm just wondering how a knight could build this technology, and more importantly, how it could be misused in the wrong hands.'
Aaron would notice an almost 'Dark Aura' emanating from the Samurai-it cast a shadow, and everything seemed...darker.
@The Silver Paladin
Riley looked at the Samurai. "Crystals. Like the one I tossed up. It's all powered by two crystals. One I carried with me into the Illusion, the other was found on a body of mine. The crystals carry infinite energy. I learned that when I came to this universe. I solved the energy crisis on it." He put his spear on his back. "We found that they produced endless energy. I became a CEO, and built all of this." He sighed. "You can not, I repeat, can not upload a soul, or memories to a hard drive. No matter the technology. The memories are part of you." He sighed. "I suppose if you were in the program long enough, your brain would think that the memories made in the Illusion were true, but we prevent that from happening." Riley hit a button, waking up all the people in stasis. "Unless... this Elliot you mentioned found some way, or used Magic of some sort."

Last edited:
Riley looked at the Samurai. "Crystals. Like the one I tossed up. It's all powered by two crystals. One I carried with me into the Illusion, the other was found on a body of mine. The crystals carry infinite energy. I learned that when I came to this universe. I solved the energy crisis on it." He put his spear on his back. "We found that they produced endless energy. I became a CEO, and built all of this." He sighed. "You can not, I repeat, can not upload a soul, or memories to a hard drive. No matter the technology. The memories are part of you." He sighed. "I suppose if you were in the program long enough, your brain would think that the memories made in the Illusion were true, but we prevent that from happening." Riley hit a button, waking up all the people in stasis. "Unless... this Elliot you mentioned found some way, or used Magic of some sort."
'I have a feeling that he did.' Rallen sighed. 'He had no form of technology that I could see to build our nightmare pocket realities. Whatever it was, it worked on a psychic subconscious level, knowing not only what our Illusions feared, but what we ourselves feared.' It appeared that he'd at least picked up some technical know-how from his many hours spent with Jeena and Aldous, in the Kollin Docking Bay where his ship had had to be repaired many times.

@The Silver Paladin

'I have a feeling that he did.' Rallen sighed. 'He had no form of technology that I could see to build our nightmare pocket realities. Whatever it was, it worked on a psychic subconscious level, knowing not only what our Illusions feared, but what we ourselves feared.' It appeared that he'd at least picked up some technical know-how from his many hours spent with Jeena and Aldous, in the Kollin Docking Bay where his ship had had to be repaired many times.

@The Silver Paladin

Aaron looked at the computer array. "What if Elliot is using The Dark Presence? What if, Elliot and the Dark Presence have some relationship to one another. I'd have to know more about this Elliot to be sure, but what if..."

Aaron looked at the computer array. "What if Elliot is using The Dark Presence? What if, Elliot and the Dark Presence have some relationship to one another. I'd have to know more about this Elliot to be sure, but what if..."
'I'm afraid that there's not much I know. He was blonde, wearing a waistcoat, and knew about the 'memory-benders'. That's it. After he killed one of the survivors we never saw him again. But Megumi and I knew that he was still pulling the strings behind the scenes. This may sound strange, but do you have any minerals in here? Not Mineral Water, but actual minerals.'

@The Silver Paladin

'I'm afraid that there's not much I know. He was blonde, wearing a waistcoat, and knew about the 'memory-benders'. That's it. After he killed one of the survivors we never saw him again. But Megumi and I knew that he was still pulling the strings behind the scenes. This may sound strange, but do you have any minerals in here? Not Mineral Water, but actual minerals.'

@The Silver Paladin

Aaron shrugged. "Damn. We called these memory-benders 'Agents' Mainly because that's what the Overseer made us call them. I still remember two of them." He typed something into a computer. "What kinds of Minerals? Iron? Diamond? What?"

Aaron shrugged. "Damn. We called these memory-benders 'Agents' Mainly because that's what the Overseer made us call them. I still remember two of them." He typed something into a computer. "What kinds of Minerals? Iron? Diamond? What?"
'Elliot insisted that they were 'Memory-Benders'. There didn't seem to be anyone with an agenda or agency of any sort.' he paused. 'Some of those will do. Coronium, Aurorium and Flashium are the usual ones, but I imagine that Diamond and Iron must be some sortof counterpart for those.'

@The Silver Paladin

'Elliot insisted that they were 'Memory-Benders'. There didn't seem to be anyone with an agenda or agency of any sort.' he paused. 'Some of those will do. Coronium, Aurorium and Flashium are the usual ones, but I imagine that Diamond and Iron must be some sortof counterpart for those.'

@The Silver Paladin

Aaron had never heard of those ores. "Diamond is a bluish crystal. It's the hardest substance. Iron is what the walls are made of. Typically it's a gray. There's a list of various ores on a computer. Go through them, see which ones you like."

Aaron had never heard of those ores. "Diamond is a bluish crystal. It's the hardest substance. Iron is what the walls are made of. Typically it's a gray. There's a list of various ores on a computer. Go through them, see which ones you like."
'It's not for me. It's for Komainu and Musageki. They eat minerals to survive. Diamond kind of sounds like Flashium, based on your description, and as Musageki is a Dark Flash Spectrobe, I think that I could use some of that, if you have any to spare.'

@The Silver Paladin

'It's not for me. It's for Komainu and Musageki. They eat minerals to survive. Diamond kind of sounds like Flashium, based on your description, and as Musageki is a Dark Flash Spectrobe, I think that I could use some of that, if you have any to spare.'

@The Silver Paladin

Riley nodded. "Yeah. We do... I think." He typed something into the catalog. "Uh... We have about a pound or so of it leftover. Will that work?"

Reactions: Mighty Roman
Rallen raised his fist.
latest

'Yeah! Definitely! You seem to have one of everything up here!'

@The Silver Paladin

"We are always prepared. If something goes wrong, it takes about a week to get the supplies from Earth, so we make sure to have stuff stocked." He shrugged. "Speaking of which, day after tomorrow is the next Jump Day."

"We are always prepared. If something goes wrong, it takes about a week to get the supplies from Earth, so we make sure to have stuff stocked." He shrugged. "Speaking of which, day after tomorrow is the next Jump Day."
'Your next mission. Feeling lucky?' Rallen paused, thinking. He then said: 'Got a spare suit-mind if I come? Perhaps we could even find your girl if we're lucky?'

@The Silver Paladin

'Your next mission. Feeling lucky?' Rallen paused, thinking. He then said: 'Got a spare suit-mind if I come? Perhaps we could even find your girl if we're lucky?'

@The Silver Paladin

"We have plenty of suits. Every person you see here is a jumper. We even have Unused suits." Aaron began to tear up a bit. "Yes... Perhaps."

"We have plenty of suits. Every person you see here is a jumper. We even have Unused suits." Aaron began to tear up a bit. "Yes... Perhaps."
Rallen frowned. He had no idea to deal with human emotion. Especially consdiering that his only company for the past 6 months were Komainu and Logan. 'Hey, there's always a chance. How many of your staff regularly jump out with you?'

@The Silver Paladin

Rallen frowned. He had no idea to deal with human emotion. Especially consdiering that his only company for the past 6 months were Komainu and Logan. 'Hey, there's always a chance. How many of your staff regularly jump out with you?'

@The Silver Paladin

Aaron looked up. "11 other members, 12 total. each with various coordinates set. Typically we go to the same place in twos. My last jump..." Aaron sighed. "That was a special case."

'You mean the one to The Town? What was so special about it?'
@The Silver Paladin

"I had just finished a speech." He said. "I intended it to be my last jump. At least for a while. The scientists were so sure they had cracked the code."

"I had just finished a speech." He said. "I intended it to be my last jump. At least for a while. The scientists were so sure they had cracked the code."
'The code? To find Elliot? Or the source of the games?' Rallen almost leapt out of his chair at the prospect. Meanwhile, Logan barked happily at the hope that was shining in his master's eyes.

@The Silver Paladin

Status
Not open for further replies.