If you could meet any person in the world, who would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elle Joyner

Moop.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
Just like the title says - If there was anyone on earth you could meet, dead or alive - and spend a few hours chatting with - who would it be? Why this person(s)?

For me... I would want to meet Dean Koontz or Mary Stewart. Their books inspired me to get back into writing myself - to challenge myself to get better - and I would love to pick their brains about their process. Do they think the same way I do? Plan out scenes in their head... act them out in their dreams?

I'd also love to meet Alton Brown. His cooking is madness... he's a hilarious man and I just absolutely love his tips. I would have to make him cook for me, though XD

Churchill... He just seems like a cool man. Like. REALLY cool. I bet he was super snarky and witty outside of his quotes.

Audrey Hepburn - she was a treasure, an icon and just freaking amazing actress.

If I could bring him back, I'd like to meet Bob Ross, the painter guy. He seems like he was such a nice man, and I enjoy painting because of him, even though my paintings are different.

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
If I could bring him back, I'd like to meet Bob Ross, the painter guy. He seems like he was such a nice man, and I enjoy painting because of him, even though my paintings are different.

Bob Ross is amazing. He has such a neat history, beyond his painting, too. He was in the Air Force, which I did NOT know.

Scarlett Johannson: For entirely shallow reasons, but she actually does seem like she'd be pretty interesting company. But, uh, she's basically my age's 'sex symbol'.

Nas: My huge hip-hop phase isn't so strong anymore, but one of the most intelligent and skilled lyricists of the past twenty-or-so years, not just in rap, but basically every genre that utilises words. Runner-up in this field would be the entirety of the Wu-Tang Clan. My entire writing background is essentially shaped by their incredible facility with words.

Yoshihiro Togashi: Mangaka behind Hunter x Hunter and Yu Yu Hakusho. Basically so I can bribe him to come out of hiatus.

Craig Ferguson: A lot of talk show hosts are on the short-list, since their job is basically to be charismatic, but this guy was a genius.

Daniel Bryan: Yeah the pro-wrestler. I don't really dig 'soap opera for men' but dude's a technical genius.

Martin Luther King Jr. I don't care much for celebrities, but I do like historical figures. MLK's a cool guy.

PAUL. MAC. CART. NEY.

Waitno.

If there was anyone on earth you could meet, dead or alive

!!! This just got more interesting!!

But also more difficult. Hmm...

By now you're all probably expecting me to throw John Lennon into the mix. And, I must admit, that is a very tempting offer! But there are other possibilities that stand out to me... and in terms of who I would expect to have the most interesting conversation with? I might have to say Vincent van Gogh. Mental health is an important topic to me, as is art, and the crossroads between the two... So, I feel like he would have a lot to say. Also, that dude needs a fucking hug. I want to give him that hug. ;_;

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.