2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, & Romance
SvgFileService

So lately I've been thinking to myself: What kind of generally insane things would I do if I had absolute power? Naturally this question forced me to rethink my sanity, and I moved on. However, this changed greatly after learning of the Micronation concept. For those who are unaware, micronations are extremely small territories whose owners declare official countries. The reason why I bring this up here is because the main idea behind these so-called nations directly correlates with this community (sort of). Most founders of micronations are highly eccentric folk who either run their states as a hobby, or for role-play. I'm sure some of you heard of the small artificial island of Sealand. This curious example was once a naval fort near Great Britain, yet later declared independence. Although it was completely harmless, Sealand's owner declared himself prince and successfully defended his 'land' from mercenaries who attempted a coup. It's actually quite fascinating while I was doing the research for this. Sealand even sells titles of nobility and other such merchandise nowadays. Other micronations make claims like the moon, or even Antarctica.

Ultimately this all boils down to one question (or multiple): If you could make a micronation, would you? And more importantly, what kind of things would you do with it? I've been trying to answer these questions myself. The flag featured above is the flag of what may become the next micronation; my own! But in all honesty, I'd be much more interested in what everyone else would with to their own. It's not much of a lie when I say the people who actually go through these plans tend to be mildly batty. But of course this makes it all the more fun! After all, you could be the sovereign ruler of your own territory! What could be better? All in all, if taken seriously or just for fun, what exactly would you do? There is also a great fan movie/comedy which was filmed on one of the most famous micronations in the United States, though I recommend only watching it if you have a mature* sense of humor:

*Totally not serious at all

Name of your Micronation:
Government Type:
Currency:
Flag Design (optional):
Reason for Independence:
Declaration of Independence Speech (also optional):

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
You're using the wrong flag. :P

invasion9.jpg

Anyways, the nation.

Name of your Micronation: Magnumia
Government Type:
A Democracy (with one party, the Magnum party).
Currency:
Sunlight Medals
Flag Design (optional):
sunbros_sr_by_savagesparrow-d6wiav9.jpg

Reason for Independence:
For an enlightened and divine life/nation.
Declaration of Independence Speech (also optional):

Blessed be the one who ascends to the heavens.
Blessed be the one who returns to the net, and guides the lost ones forward.

For the day when the chosen one returns to the mortal realm will be a joyous day.
A joyous day for all those who are worthy of such enlightenment.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Legens Legentis
People seriously do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.