Idle Gods

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last thing Horus wanted to do was break Loki's concentration, at the same time he didn't want to risk the other's protection falling simply under the weight of his brother.

Rather than answering the question about his short term and long term goals when it came to Set he wondered instead. "If I lend you my power can you use it?" It wasn't something often done, Gods were greedy after all, lending power opened the door to having it taken for good but Horus didn't really have much of a choice at present. Loss of power beat being dead any day. Even immortals such as themselves feared such things, or worse, eternal torture.

If Loki was in agreement Horus would relax his barriers-not his own dampening of his aura, but instead allow his might to be used by the other to ensure Loki wasn't exhausted entirely by the effort. It seemed little trouble for Horus, even at his weakest, though they'd both be wore out by the time Set's aura moved on.

Loki thought about it as he continued to keep the barrier up. He wasn't sure he could handle Horus' power, especially in the enclosed space they were now in, but the risk to get the barrier stronger wasn't as terrifying as Set finding them if the barrier did fail. Loki finally caved, not dropping the barrier, but letting Horus help him.

"I guess this can be your way of paying me back, huh? Unless you plan on doing that in a different way. Go ahead. I will hold the barrier. Any help would be appreciated. Whatever you have to do in order to strengthen the barrier, go for it. Any help would be appreciated..."

Loki was surprised he had kept the barrier up for as long as he had with Set still around. Set's power was immense. Not to say that Loki's power wasn't strong, but even he needed help from fellow God's once in a while. On more than one occasion had he asked Thor and Odin for help. He held the barrier strong as he awaited Horus' help. He wasn't sure what would happen in order for Horus to lend him his power, but, right now, Loki was up for anything as long as it involved them not being caught by Set.

It was simple enough really, Horus could feel the barrier around them, it provided a direct link to Loki's power. Adding his own was as simple as pouring water into a near full cup, the only risk would be overpowering the barrier and breaking it, much as water would overflow the cup if one wasn't careful. Instead he carefully let his own power flow into the barrier, together with the two of them it was much easier to maintain.

Once he was certain the barrier would hold without his full attention he saw to answering the other's prior question. "I am waiting." He detested the word 'hiding' "Come sunrise my sight and full power will return and Set will no longer pose such a great threat." As for killing his brother, "Though he ended our father he is still my brother. I would not kill him if I could avoid it." And he hadn't after all these years. "Is it not the same for you and yours?" All Horus knew of Loki was what little he'd read or pop culture and the likes. He knew well enough how wrong the tales could be.

Loki eased as the barrier became easier and easier to manage without concentration. Wow, the way Horus controlled his power, Loki thought seriously about getting Horus to teach him how to do that. He laughed, thinking about Odin and Thor as Horus brought up that he would never kill his brother, only try to stop him. Loki thought that admirable for a God. However, whether he helped Thor and Odin or go against them, Loki knew that he would never wish to kill them.

Loki looked over to Horus and nodded.

"It is the same for me and my brothers. Though I do quarrel with them a lot, that doesn't mean I wish to kill them off....we are brothers after all. But sometimes, you just got to get away from them and have some time to yourself, you know? That's why I'm helping you now, cause I know the feeling of needing to be on your own for a bit...In my case, it happens more often then not...then again, as a God, I still have a lot to learn. I'd like you to teach me how to control my power like you control yours. That would help me be able to hold a barrier for a longer period of time and be able to hold more than just myself....Besides, you intrigue me Horus. I'd like to be around you more and get to know you better....How about it?"

Loki extended his hand out to Horus. Loki hoped he would at least accept the handshake if he didn't accept Loki's offer to be around.

Horus nodded, understanding well enough what Loki meant by all of that, seemed their regions were the same in many ways. "After the night is over Set will calm. We may even share a few words." Though that wasn't entirely likely.

He did chuckle at the idea of continuing this contact with the Norse God. "If Isis could see me now…" But he did hum in thought at the other's words, "A God who admits to knowing little?" Or at least having a lot to learn anyway. The hand was left lingering for a few moments as he mulled it over before reaching out. Sight or not he could sense the other's presence and so with barely a few inches off he grasped the other's hand in a firm shake. "Find me again Loki-at my best, and I'll teach you what I know." He offered in challenge.

Loki shook his hand firmly and nodded. Loki looked up. Through the invisible wall of the barrier, in the distance, Loki could see Set. He looked almost as majestic and alluring as Horus did, although, he had to admit, Horus was the better looking of the pair. Loki shook his head from these thoughts. Not once did he think of another male god in the same way he looked at his wife. It was an odd feeling, yet he felt like he owed Horus now and so he had to find Horus after all of this was over and learn a thing or two from him.

Loki watched as Set searched nervously for them everywhere. His face was contorted with anger. Loki had never witnessed this anger in another God before other than Thor. In a way, when an egyptian god was angry it was like turning the beauty of the sun into a complete solar eclipse. Loki breathed quieter as Set was right above them, his eyes searching everywhere. He even looked down at one point where Loki and Horus were standing, not seeing them at all. He then moved on, although he didn't completely leave to go back home because his presence could still be felt.

Loki breathed out a huge sigh of relief, laughing a little afterwards.

"I heard from my father that one can never stop learning. That's why I feel that there will always be something more I can learn or do. So thank you for offering to teach me. So, how long does your Brother intend to be in town?"

"Hard to say." Horus offered back, not happy with the answer, "He's never come this close before." And Horus wasn't completely letting his guard down around Loki but for now he trusted the barrier, he had more to worry about from Set than this Norse God.

"So sit, drink. We may be here a while." As he himself reached for his barely touched drink, "Tell me Loki. Were you foolish enough to sire children?" Clearly a reference to his own father's mistake given how his life had been ended by one of his sons. He kept his focus on Set's aura though he couldn't visually see his brother, for now there was little to do save talk, might as well fill the silence with something.

"I certainly wasn't. They might say I have four sons but I refused to follow my father's mistakes."

Loki took a seat again, not worrying now about the Barrier. Finishing off his Margarita, Loki smirked at the question Horus posed. Loki nodded, laughing.

"You may think it foolish, but I have fathered children. 3 to be exact. A daughter and two sons. My daughter is the head of Norse Hell. My son's aren't over anything, however they boast incredible strength. Nothing to yours, of course, but they can hold their own. You say you've fathered children but then again you say you haven't. Which is it? Are your children that abhorrent? I guess I don't understand what you mean by what you last said. Elaborate please"

Loki looked to the skies as he played with his empty martini cup, running his finger over the top. Set was still there. His presence could still be felt.

"I have a nagging feeling that Set won't give up for a while yet...so if you don't mind, come take a seat with me and do me the liberty of answering my question, oh great Horus" his smirk didn't fade.

"Not much to tell." He offered up, though he did follow the other's lead and move to sit with him even as he finished his drink, glancing at it and wondering how difficult it would be to get another without leaving the barrier area.

"No children." He clarified, "Merely versions of myself." A shrug, "The humans thought it all up and I merely used it to my advantage. Helped me hide from Set on many occasions." He sat back and relaxed, even if Set was worrisome in the fact that he wasn't leaving, there was nothing to be done about it, "As I'm sure your current form and visage isn't your only one, nor is this body my only one." So when it pleased him he simply changed and took on a new name, passing off as his own sons.

Loki nodded, a smile on his face.

"I understand now. That's very clever of you. And Yes, indeed. You are right. There was something I failed to tell you. I have had many different forms, shapeshifting helps me in causing my mischief, but one of my forms was that of a mare, who bore a horse who is now the steed of one of my brothers. I know, it is disturbing, but seeing as how I can shapeshift it is within reason. So you are correct. I do have many forms, but I guess mine are a little bit different than yours. However Horus, if you did father children, they would, indeed, have your strikingly handsome features. You wouldn't mind that now would you?"

Loki chuckled. He wondered how Horus took jokes. Feeling Set's power starting to fade little by little, Loki knew that as soon as Set went back to wherever he came from, that Horus would go to. It was a shame. And here he was having so much fun.

"I can feel Set's power gradually fading. He must have decided to give up the search and go back?" Loki asked Horus with a questioning face.

Status
Not open for further replies.