Identities

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mariposa

Original poster
I have an idea for a very unique roleplay. The roleplay is based on the identities of one character. I'm talking about a person with dissociative identity disorder (previously known as multiple personality disorder). And those who join will play this character - each one will adopt one of his personalities and bring them to life.

I will play the guardian angel who guides this character, though I'm not really an angel but an imagined personification of one, created by this character. He confides in me, asks for my guidance, and pretty much controls when I appear and go. I will also play members of his immediate family and the therapists.

Dissociative identity is an effect of severe trauma during early childhood, usually extreme, repetitive physical, sexual, or emotional abuse.

Dissociative identity disorder is characterized by the presence of two or more distinct or split identities or personality states that continually have power over the person's behavior. With dissociative identity disorder, there's also an inability to recall key personal information that is too far-reaching to be explained as mere forgetfulness. With dissociative identity disorder, there are also highly distinct memory variations, which fluctuate with the person's split personality.

The "alters" or different identities have their own age, sex, or race. Each has his or her own postures, gestures, and distinct way of talking. Sometimes the alters are imaginary people; sometimes they are animals. As each personality reveals itself and controls the individuals' behavior and thoughts, it's called "switching." Switching can take seconds to minutes to days. When under hypnosis, the person's different "alters" or identities may be very responsive to the therapist's requests.

Along with the dissociation and multiple or split personalities, people with dissociative disorders may experience any of the following symptoms:

If you are interested then lets discuss the different personalities our character can have using the information I provided above. You have the freedom to introduce any character of any age as well as imaginary people. But it is up to you to explain why the "alter" personality emerge in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is quite a different RP. I think I'll join if i can play an incredibly insane personality

Btw when we startin our special rp in PM y'know the elf one

I see. Thank you all for your posts and comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.