Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Usually online all the time!! i usually keep the tab open while doing something else
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Transgender
  4. Agender
Genres
Fantasy
i have no clue what to do for the dreaded day i become an adult and have the legal right to buy a lottery ticket and have to pay taxes

do any *seasoned adults* have any ideas for what to do on an 18th birthday???

SEX, DRUGS AND PUNKROCK!!

Yes.. I'm the 40y old with a child and a PhD in Sociolegy and human geography :3

i went on a trip for my 18th, but ofc thats something thats a lil harder to do on short notice, esp if u don't have a lotta cash sitting around :o

it might help to tell us what u like or what u like to do !!! in the end, we'll sorta just be tossing our own preferences at u if not LOL

i went on a trip for my 18th, but ofc thats something thats a lil harder to do on short notice, esp if u don't have a lotta cash sitting around :o

it might help to tell us what u like or what u like to do !!! in the end, we'll sorta just be tossing our own preferences at u if not LOL
erm..what do i like???
  • Musicals
  • Outdoor activities (maiknly archery)
  • Rollerskating
  • books
  • Art
  • just getting out of the house in general

On my 18th birthday I went to a strip club with my guy friends for THEIR 18th birthday party, and it was both absolutely hilarious and incredibly awkward at the same time. 😂 I reaffirmed my feminist sensibilities (in being grossed out about how men were behaving towards these women) while also giving me mad respect for working strippers. O:

...I think if I woulda got to do something special for myself, I would've gone to the zoo or the movies or rollerskating and had a really nice dinner somewhere "fancy" like Olive Garden or Red Lobster. 🤔 These are the things I still do now for my bdays.

Same as Diana, I was taken to a strip club for my 18th. It wasn't my choice or what I wanted, but some people arranged for it to happen. XP I was taken to a lady strip club, and I happened to be a closet transboy identifying as my agab (female) at the time so that was something for sure. All those strippers thought I was the cutest and wanted to take me home with them and they were like, "Come back when you graduate high school. Wear your grad gown with NOTHING UNDERNEATH, WOOOO~" and omg just. Omg. lmaoooo good memories but also I wished I had been taken to a theme park or a shopping trip out of town or a concert... That said, those were some of the nicest ladies I ever met. I miss them sometimes. I befriended a few of them even though I never went back to the club. I wonder what they're up to now. But anyway--

For your 18th, just make it memorable. Make it fun. Do whatever you wanna do and celebrate yourself. At the end of the day, age doesn't matter as much as this question: "did you have a good day, birthday king/queen/quing?" That's how I feel about it, anyway. I'm 32 now and I get less and less inspired to do things because, well, I'm getting old and tired. (But also I suffer a lot of discomforts that make me feel older than I'm supposed to.) Live it up, friend. Go to the musicals, go to the places, eat the food.

Last edited:
Eat fried food. Enjoy food. My vote will always go for food. Eat all the food. I agree with rollerskating. Also a sit down place for dinner. And don't forget dessert! I don't care what it is, eat dessert.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: rissa
I.... legitimately have no idea how I spent my 18th birthday LOL
I cannot remember. Maybe it was fun. I have no idea. I probably had cake, I guess 🤣

I agree with just doing whatever you think is fun! Have a good time! Enjoy yourself! Spend time with family or friends and go have a day. It doesn't need to be epic. It doesn't need to be the biggest nor greatest day of your lie. It's a milestone, but, in the end, it's just a day. So make it good one without struggling to think it needs to be perfect

Reactions: PaulaVonMalotki
I think I spent mine eating a lot of food. Nothing really special. 🤔 If I could redo it again I would probably still end up doing the same thing. I agree with the rest of the sentiment here; do something you like to do! Doesn't have to be life-changing, just something you enjoy and if you want, can share with the ones you love!

fsijifj thank you all for your ideas!! Probs gunna beg my mom to take me to NYC to see Six or Hadestown on Broadway since we're both musical nerds or try and see if my friends who are already 18 have any ideas on how to celebrate (one of them might ACTUALLY take me to a strip club i know them all too well lmfao)

Whatever you feel like doing. Don't feel the need to do what a 18th birthday should look like.

Hmm, if I could do my 18th birthday over again, I'd have a mock funeral to mourn the spiritual death of the person I was and the emptiness of the rest of my life. lol

Sorry. Find a skating rink and have a skate night with pizza? Sounds fun although I don't really know how to skate.

I went to a movie with my dad and best friend on mines!