I Was A Delinquent Boarding School Mutant...

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ophelia

Original poster
So I thought I'd bring up an idea I had been kicking around for a while. I may have mentioned it on here before but I've developed it a bit more since. Just to see what people think.

Time period: Modern

Location: A most unusual prison somewhere in the British countryside.

Backstory: Cypress Reformatory for Exceptional Troubled Youth (or something like that) is a prison that doubles as a posh boarding school which is owned and operated by old money billionaire and famous philanthropist Adam Cypress.
On the surface, Cypress is every wayward youth's dream. Talent scouts travel all over Europe combing every detention center, insane asylum, and homeless shelter for troubled and unwanted, but profoundly gifted juveniles (the "profoundly gifted" part is key). When the scouts find a promising individual (be they mathematical genius, musical virtuoso, prodigal marksman, or other) the lucky candidate is invited to audition, showcasing their gift before Adam Cypress and his board. Upon impressing the board the "lucky" youth wins admission to the Reformatory and refuge from their old life.
Sure, it's technically a prison: guard towers, wardens, metal gates, the works. But past all of that it's a boarding school that would please even the most discerning fabulously wealthy parents. With sprawling grounds, grand halls with 15 foot ceilings, mahogany desks, talented hand-picked professors, sweater-and-tie uniforms, and a positively gorgeous library, it beats any filthy detention center one hundred times over. Needless to say, it's a nearly impossible offer for a wayward teen to turn down.

The Catch: But Cypress is more than it appears, and Adam is not the selfless philanthropist he claims to be. Indeed, Adam has an agenda. His prisoner-students are (unbeknownst to them) an army in training. For years Adam and his cohorts have been lacing the food at Cypress with special chemical agents designed to cause mutations which manifest differently depending on the special gift of each student. And this year is the year those mutations will begin to develop. One by one the students of Cypress will develop powers never before seen by human kind. Can they escape Cypress and his plot? And when they do, where will they go? It's up to you to decide.

Okay, there's the gist. I haven't figured out all of the specifics yet, design of classes, school bureaucracy, but maybe I can get some help with that from you guys. Elsewise, does it sound interesting? Anything you think should be tweaked/changed? Let me know what you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.