I feel dumb...

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lewi

Original poster
Okay so ace hardware stores. Everyone knows their commercial jingle. Apparently I'm deaf or those people can't enunciate because for the entire 20 years of my life I have thought they say "Ace is the place where the helpful hardware goes!" And it never really made sense other than they had better products. But today I was just sitting here watching Rambo and I actually caught what they were saying for the first time. "Ace is the place with the helpful hardware folks!" Which makes MUCH more sense. I feel so dumb lol.

It's okay. I never understood what was being said after "Ace is the place were the --".. Now I know.

Reactions: Lewi
You dishonour your famiry!

YOU SHOULD COMMIT SUDOKU!

That's okay, I'm still not 100% sure whether it's "pet smart" or "pets mart"

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
When the old Tang commercials would say "It's a kick in a glass!", I thought they were saying "It's a chicken glass!" Even as a kid, I had so few fucks to give about anything I just settled for that no matter how much it didn't make sense. Eventually I was corrected by my sister when I was quoting the misheard slogan for funsies.

• Love
I never go into the Ace anymore. The same dude that always shouted "GORDON" to everyone there when I was in high school still works there.

...What? NOW I FEEL DUMB. ;-; It just made so much sense to hear "Ace is the place where the helpful hardware goes!" and now I don't understand anything anymore.

• Love
I could never understand exactly what it said either. xD;

Reactions: Lewi
I do stuff like that all the time. Until like a year ago I though people were saying 'Relief springs' instead of leaf springs.

Lol XD I know ice done other stuff like this but I can't think of any other good ones lol

Status
Not open for further replies.