I don't adore dragons. Why do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragons also gave us this track:

(Pretty sure songs don't count as spoilers)

Wow. Dragons composed that music? I never knew that they could even hold an instrument. Amazing. XD

This is just like the cartoon How To Train Your Dragon. Haha. Don't get offended.

I only saw the first one. And actually yeah a bit like that. But cross it with Master and Commander. So you have all that British navy discipline. Combined with Napoleon as the bad guy. You get to see how different countries integrated dragons into their society. Or in the case of some, not at all. The Russians would drive spikes through their shoulders to prevent them from flying. So it wasn't all sunshine around the world.

Well to begin with I'm an animal lover, so I love all animals. But dragons are just so cute to me! I remember when I was younger there was a movie about some boy and a dragon and whatever happened to the boy happened to the dragon.. anyways, the boy died and so did the dragon and I cried so much not for the boy, but for the dragon. I've liked them ever since, but I started adoring them because of GoT. They're just beautiful and magnificent to me, but everybody's different.

Reactions: Xyzean
The European Dragon, in it's most recognizable form.

An immense beast, possessing terrible claws, serpentine body, firey breath and the power of flight. In older cases, dragons also spread disease or possess deadly poison. Bluntly put, the Dragon in it's unaltered state represents the amalgamation of the primal fears of mankind, the antagonistic side of nature and chaos, and the perfect test of strength and will to face down a rising hero, striking down what essentially ammounts to a giant deadly vermin. The ultimate ugly snake with legs, if you will.

Their mythological representations are countless, and their symbolism varied enough to fit well into malevolent or benevolent roles.

I like dragons because I'm a huge mythology nerd, and there's nothing more iconic than a Dragon.

Though I classify classic Western and Eastern Dragons as entirely unrelated entities, really only similar on a surface level in my opinion.

Reactions: Xyzean
Status
Not open for further replies.