Howdy, y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lethe

Original poster
Good morning/evening folks. I'm a gal of many names and many faces, but here I am Lethe, named after the river and goddess of forgetfulness. Partly due to my airheaded tendencies, and partly because it just sounds plain cool. I've been a part of the RP game for a good six or seven years, but I'm constantly looking to improve myself. I'm usually craving Fantasy or Supernatural, but Mystery, Post-apoc, and Romance can catch my attention.

Some tidbits about me that you may or may not care to know:
  • I love mythology (hence my name).
  • Be wary of puns.
  • I'm a bookworm, and a big fan of Neil Gaiman and Patrick Rothfuss.
  • I love owls, ghosts, and the color purple.
  • I love to paint.
To the friends that know me here or that have yet to know my name, I salute thee with a double-eyed wink and a casual finger gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Iwaku, Lethe! Cool backstory for that name you've got there-- who woulda thunk an RP site could expand your knowledge of mythology?

Anyway, have this cookie and enjoy your stay,

• Thank You
Reactions: Lethe
Hey Lethe, welcome to Iwaku! I think I'm going to like you, we share a lot of interests. Mythology, ghosts, painting, and those roleplay genres are all on my own list. Fantasy is always a favourite. ^^

I love to paint.
Painting is wonderful! What kind of painting do you do and what materials do you use?

Do you have a favourite type of owl?

I see also that you have horror listed among your favourite genres on your resume, do you have any particular favourite type(s) of horror?

Otherwise, let me know if I can help you out at all. Cheers!

Hey Lethe, welcome to Iwaku! I think I'm going to like you, we share a lot of interests. Mythology, ghosts, painting, and those roleplay genres are all on my own list. Fantasy is always a favourite. ^^

Painting is wonderful! What kind of painting do you do and what materials do you use?

Do you have a favourite type of owl?

I see also that you have horror listed among your favourite genres on your resume, do you have any particular favourite type(s) of horror?

Otherwise, let me know if I can help you out at all. Cheers!

Thank you very much!

I like doing portraits, though lately I've been experimenting around with different styles. I usually use acrylic since it's cheap and readily available, but watercolor's really fun to play around with.

All owls are precious little poofs of feathers! Although burrowing owls and barn owls are definitely at the top of my list.

I'm really interested in suspenseful horror, where it just really builds up, and psychological horror. Though I'm always a fan of the old black and white fliks, haha. Also, I'm really into Southern gothics. They always have this mysterious atmosphere to them.

Reactions: Dusk
I like doing portraits, though lately I've been experimenting around with different styles.
Portraits are especially hard for me, despite my best efforts. I'd love to see something you've done, if you're comfortable sharing.

I usually use acrylic since it's cheap and readily available, but watercolor's really fun to play around with.
That's basically the reason I primarily use acrylic as well. I've only recently started branching out to using watercolour, I've always loved the way a good watercolour painting can look. And I have some oil paints I'm going to test soon as well.

I'm really interested in suspenseful horror, where it just really builds up, and psychological horror. Though I'm always a fan of the old black and white fliks, haha. Also, I'm really into Southern gothics. They always have this mysterious atmosphere to them.
Both suspenseful and psychological horror are great, I've especially seen the former done well sometimes. I don't think I am actually very familiar with any Southern Gothic works, although I do generally like Gothic horror (as well as other Gothic types of genres). Do you have any exemplary suggestions to offer up? Old black and white films are always a delight.

Portraits are especially hard for me, despite my best efforts. I'd love to see something you've done, if you're comfortable sharing.

That's basically the reason I primarily use acrylic as well. I've only recently started branching out to using watercolour, I've always loved the way a good watercolour painting can look. And I have some oil paints I'm going to test soon as well.

Both suspenseful and psychological horror are great, I've especially seen the former done well sometimes. I don't think I am actually very familiar with any Southern Gothic works, although I do generally like Gothic horror (as well as other Gothic types of genres). Do you have any exemplary suggestions to offer up? Old black and white films are always a delight.

Of course! I'm thinking of compiling and posting some of my art one here. Maybe start a daily sketch to help me improve.

To Kill A Mockingbird's a famous example and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is an interesting book I fondly recall reading a while back, though I don't really consider those horror. American Horror Story: Coven is more fitting example. In general, I really enjoy Gothic horror as well, especially with how mysterious it can get.

Welcome to the site, Lethe :) Glad to meet you! Happy roleplaying!

• Thank You
Of course! I'm thinking of compiling and posting some of my art one here. Maybe start a daily sketch to help me improve.
You should! And keeping up at art daily can be incredibly useful for improving-- my problem has just always been the keeping part.

To Kill A Mockingbird's a famous example and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is an interesting book I fondly recall reading a while back, though I don't really consider those horror. American Horror Story: Coven is more fitting example. In general, I really enjoy Gothic horror as well, especially with how mysterious it can get.
Ah! Alright, I have actually seen AHS: Coven. But it's been a while, so it's not exactly at the forefront of my mind. I've never heard of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, so I'll look into that. Thanks!

Hi! I like the exact opposite of basically everything you like, but that's okay. Opposites attract. I think. I need to check my high school electromagnetism notes...

I'm also new. I also like books (I guess I lied about everything). You heard of Eoin Colfer?

Also, that was a very impressive double wink. I'm done.

• Thank You
Hey there! I LOVE MYTHOLOGY (@iWriteAboutNothing, EOIN COLFER IS MY CHILDHOOD). I really like your name, as I'm especially forgetful, myself, and Greek Mythology is always great. :D You've been RPing far longer than me, but if you have any questions about the site, m'always happy to help. If you wanna show off your art, Showcasing is a great place to do it, so be sure to check that out.

Reactions: iWriteAboutNothing
Hi! I like the exact opposite of basically everything you like, but that's okay. Opposites attract. I think. I need to check my high school electromagnetism notes...

I'm also new. I also like books (I guess I lied about everything). You heard of Eoin Colfer?

Also, that was a very impressive double wink. I'm done.

Wait 'til you see my even more impressive triple wink.
I love Eoin Colfer! Artemis Fowl was my jam back in the day, and I've been catching up on the WARP series.

• Love
Reactions: iWriteAboutNothing
welcome to iwaku, lethe! ^o^

Status
Not open for further replies.