Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
I'm open to a wide range of genres. Obscenely wide. It's harder for me to list all I do like than all I don't like.

My favorite settings are fantasy combined with something else, multiverse, post-apoc, historical (mixed with something else), and futuristic. I'm not limited to those, but it's a good start.

My favorite genres include mystery, adventure, action, drama, tragedy (must be mixed with something else and kept balanced), romance (again must be mixed, and more.

I'm happy to include elements of slice-of-life and romance, but doing them on their own doesn't hold my interest indefinitely.
I just learned that people get shocked when you admit to having 19 active RPs across three different sites, with three more in planning.

So, Iwaku community, I have a few questions!

How many RPs do you currently have? Is this too many? Not enough? Too few?​
How many RPs is your ideal number, and how often do you like getting new replies?​
How do you keep your RPs separate from each other?​
Have you ever gotten them mixed up?​

I can only competently do two or three RPs at a time max, how the hell do you do 19? ; w ; One or two is my ideal, otherwise I get my characters and plots confused!

• Love
Reactions: The Mood is Write
How many RPs do you currently have?

None currently. Hopefully when I have fully explored most of everything I will settle down to make a request thread.

Is this too many? Not enough? Too few?

I will update this when I have some threads.

How many RPs is your ideal number, and how often do you like getting new replies?

Over the years I prefer to do at max five roleplays. That won't change. Too many and I feel I might neglect one or can't keep up. Five is a nice number to give my all for my partners.

How do you keep your RPs separate from each other?
Have you ever gotten them mixed up?

Just remember which is which. I don't think I've ever gotten a Roleplay mixed up. I don't think.

• Love
How many RPs do you currently have? Is this too many? Not enough? Too few?
I have eight active roleplays, but four of them are slower to reply. I could tackle a few more, but ten is usually my limit.

How many RPs is your ideal number, and how often do you like getting new replies?
Well ten is ideal, like I said above, but I'd be overwhelmed if they all replied daily. A few daily repliers is nice, but I'm okay with anything from once a day to once a week. Speed of light posters intimidate me. Unless we both happen to be inspired, fast posting makes me feel rushed and dissatisfied with my responses.

I just go through them on my Watched Threads list. And I don't have multiple sites--all my roleplaying happens in threads on Iwaku to avoid confusion.

Nope! Mainly because I've stuck with Iwaku. One place for all my roleplay needs works best for me, and I've been here for two years so it must be working. :)

I just realized, do you all do group roleplays or one-on-ones more often? I prefer groups so it can be harder to keep track of everything happening in one RP, much less several.

I usually just do 1x1's, but I have two groups: one in planning and one in progress.

I have two rps at the moment, at my busiest I might have hit some around 6-7, but never so extreme as 18. Thing thing with that high of a number I personally feel that I wasn't dedicating enough of my attention and writing skill to the rp. Now I almost exclusively participate in group rps so maybe people feel differently when it comes to one x ones, but I feel that a few carefully chosen rps help you improve far more than a lot of half formed rps.

I currently only have two with a third on the way. And that's probably really the most I can handle right now. XD I never have problems getting them confused -- they're all different enough that getting them mixed up seems nearly impossible -- the issue is just... having the time for all of them. And, more importantly, having the mental stamina for all of them. o_o I'd say if I had a completely free schedule with absolutely no other obligations whatsoever, the most I could probably handle would be... four? Maybe five... but even that would probably be stretching it. o_o

But yeah, I'm pretty much at just the right number at the moment. XD

I have two DnD campaigns I have a character in, one Shadowrun 5th Campaign I'm DMing, I'm planning to co-DM an Exalted campaign, and I have three or four ideas for campaigns that I've got rule tabs open and saved for. I'm also writing overall lore and universe-building for Hiensa, which I'm planning on running with a custom 5e ruleset, and thas' pretty much all of my more intensive ones.

On the simpler side, I have three chat RPs going through Skype and Kik, two longer oneXones going with people over an extended period (funnily enough, through Steam), and one LARP thing I indulge in about bi-monthly.

As for Iwaku... Eesh, I don't think I have any RP's going here besides one off-and-on in the Inn. I really need to start, but between hobbies, academics, and writing I'm struggling to find the enthusiasm and time. So, because of this, I'd say that I have -way- too many RPs, and I need to go ahead and finish up a few.

I'd say about four or five group forums, a maximum of seven-ish oneXones, and one or two chaRPs. If I could cut tabletops out of my life I totally would, as they take up entire evenings, but I'm addicted and I just can't get enough. When it comes to replies, I'm a bit of a fickler-- I'll get upset if I don't reply within a day, and long unforeseen absences send me into worry fits.

Willpower and bullshit. I also keep a really detailed and organized Roleplay Log, so I can refresh myself easily.
3578fcd1c778a11105a941deffad28bd.png

I accidentally started using my neutral evil barbarian in an Exalted campaign once, everyone was confused and at least two people died. On a more consistent note, I find myself having to refresh my memory constantly or risk the fate of the foolish forgetter.

I am currently in three 1x1s and two group roleplays, one as Co-GM. And as far as I can tell I will be joining another group roleplay I have been planning to for a while. I feel like this is a bit too much, but I space out my replies, so they aren't moving as fast as they used to be.

Three. And I like to get replies every day when we're on a roll and have time, but if we're both busy then once a week is fine.

I keep them all in my signature for easy access. They're all in my Watched Thread list as well. =w=

Nope. Never posted in the wrong roleplay before.

If I'm not mistaken, I have five roleplays going on, and I'm planning two more. 1x1s all of them.

It depends. Less roleplays than I already have could be ideal. The problem is the roleplays I'm absolutely excited about and I'm waiting replies for, don't reply as often as I'd like them to. The other roleplays get replies more often, but either because of a lack of chemistry between players, or because my partner isn't inputting ideas and is up to me to bring up events and things to do to keep the roleplay going, I'm not really excited about them. I keep replying in the hopes that I'll grow to love them, but it's a bit hard to push myself to reply to roleplays I don't love. In the past, I had only three roleplays, but I absolutely adored them and I got several replies everyday. That was awesome, and ideal. I keep looking for partners that will make it possible to go back to that, but either they're quite passive partners and I have to carry the story, or they say they'll reply everyday and right from the start, they reply only once a week. Or both, which usually leads to me dropping the roleplay.

I have a good memory for them.

A couple of times I mixed up characters names, but nothing plot wise, and the characters were alright, I just messed up their names.

YOU'RE CRAZY WOMAN!!!!! <3

How many RPs do you currently have?
3, one with you and two with another person. But I'll soon be looking for a few more considering all the freetime I have at work o_o

Is this too many? Not enough? Too few?

Currently I have too few for my current needs, but I will hopefully soon find some roleplays that I can get into. :D

It depends on where I am in life. A few months ago, two roleplays with a few replies a month was more than enough and even too much at times. o_o When I was at the top of my game I could easily have over 10 roleplays and I think the most I have had was 15. I like having a few that's very active with daily replies (when I'm in a roleplay mood and not to busy RL) and then have a lot that are more three days, a week or two weeks between posts. It's hard to get a perfect balance since I rarely check how often my partners replies before I start something with them, but usually the balance tends to set itself with a few replying very often and most replying a couple times a week.

How do you keep your RPs separate from each other? Have you ever gotten them mixed up?
I have had partners who has accidentally mixed up roleplays and suddenly started writing with the wrong character :D But I have never done that. I have all my roleplays on iwaku and I have different characters in every roleplay. I also don't tend to have too similar plot lines going on at the same time. Usually I just remember whom I'm playing based on the name of the roleplay, but if I suddenly feel uncertain which one was which (maybe two roleplays have similar names) then I just check the name of my character in my previous post and is reminded "oh that's the one with the amnesiac girl".

So I'm able to keep great track of multiple story lines and characters simultaneously. :D (Which probably has to do with me reading like seven books at once all the time, so keeping track of what happens in which is pretty important xD)

• Love
I'm not sure how many I have on here, some of them haven't really gone anywhere but I have like 6 going on another site. No it isn't depending on how much time I have.
I'm not even sure what an ideal number of roleplays can be called, probably enough where you aren't running around in circle. And as often as the person on the other end can respond
How do you keep your RPs separate from each other? Have you ever gotten them mixed up?
I don't. I get confused all the time and even sometimes mix one roleplay that I'm doing on iwaku with one on another site.