3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, modern, comedy, post-apocalyptic, slice of life.
I usually don't count how many books I read per year, but recently I've been trying to keep track so I can set goals for myself and set aside more leisure time to read. After all, I used to go through huge books in a day when I was in elementary school with no bills to pay, but unfortunately that's not possible anymore... But I still like to put aside time for reading since I like it so much! I've been reading around 2-3 books per month recently, and I'm hoping to read at least 30 before the end of the year.

How about y'all? Do you have any reading goals?

Per year? Aaaah, embarrassing little fiction-wise, I have to admit. I started this year pretty well, about 2/3 books per month as well. Last year was maybe 1/2 books a month if I was lucky.

For my professional life I read a lot more. I don't really count it as reading either anymore since it doesn't relax me. 😂

This is a bit embarrassing, but I read probably...one or two books a year LOL I just don't make the time to read a good book like I used to. Why read when I can mindlessly watch TV and play v i d e o games?

Like Nemo, I won't count the medical journals I read for work. That's way more a chore than it is pleasure

Reactions: catalyst
I also read an embarrassingly small amount, especially since I used to be one of those kids that could go through a book a day lol!

I maybe read a couple a year now? I just don't have the attention span to focus on it anymore. My brain is better suited to more active things like video games, or RPing, where I'm the one doing the writing and story building.

My reading goal is always really high. This year's goal is 62 books. I've currently read 35 of those for the year. ( Though if we're not counting graphic novels, it's 12 books)

like 1 now that I'm out of uni and I am NOT embarrassed about it *knife emoji* that being said I wish I had more time and the patience for reading I had as a kid, but I have other hobbies that take priority, espec since reading isn't rly something you can do while doing other things. I gotta multitask or I'll DIE.

before I started working at a library, between 0-20 depending on the year.

After I started working at a library.... 200-ish a year 🤔 Since I see everything that comes out when it comes out I end up reading a lot... I would say 80% of the books I read are books for ages 10-18 (mostly fantasy) which can be between 100-700 pages with probably the most common being around 200-400 pages. I do prefer books with a maximum of 300 pages as I can finish them in one or two sittings, sometimes longer books take me a very long time to finish cause I forget about them O.O I also do listen to audiobooks (on x2 speed cause my attentionspan is shit) when I work and don't have to deal with customers or while I play videogames at home that's not too story-heavy.

Last year I did write down 199 books on my read list, but I do know there were some books by a danish author that weren't on goodreads database, so it's a bit over that. (I was too lazy to add them to the database myself)

Why read when I can mindlessly watch TV and play v i d e o games?
Literally. I was an avid reader as a kid, started to dwindle in late high school, then college took over my life so I stopped reading for pleasure because I was so busy with school work! TV and videogames took the lead lol

Buuuut late 2020, my friend started a virtual book club, which helped me get back into reading! Last year I read... at least 12 books. Most of them were part of trilogies, so that helped in keeping me vested. I've been on a break, but I definitely want to read more and expand with books from other countries and whatnot 😊

I used to read so many books from my childhood through my teen years. To be fair, I was able to visit the library a lot more often then. It's what inspired the roleplayer in me lol. But when I moved and didn't have access to the library for a long time and then later started classes, I stopped reading books. I continued to read fanfictions and webtoons, but not books.

I've recently got back into reading and so far I've been through four books since the start of this year lol. But now that I'm older I'm also a lot more particular about my book picks and preferneces. I learned that I much prefer novels to series now lol. And if I get bored halfway through I might not finish a book. My goal is to read at least 15 books a year. Not too high or low a goal.

I took a good look at my reading habits these past two years, for lockdown(s) did give me a lot of time at hands and I logged it all down in a Goodreads account. Apparently I have been (re)reading a lot more than I thought I did! For this year my aim is to finish 20 book! Should be doable (I hope)!!!

I think my goal should be to actually read what I have. I have a lot of books I need to get through but everytime I go to Barnes and Noble, I end up with something I'm excited to read with time and work among other things preventing me from doing so. I thought about having a little club with my SO to read a book every two months then discuss it.....still hasn't gotten off the ground yet lol.