• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

How long until you check on a missing RP partner?

MiharuAya

Memento Mori
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
It's not uncommon for people to take breaks when roleplaying, and at times, these breaks can happen so suddenly that you might not be able to give much warning. But, how long is an acceptable about of time to wait to check in on your partner when they've gone missing?

Depends on the stage we are at with the RP. If it is the very beginning of the RP, such as CS or first post I wait for a few weeks before checking in, and then another few months for another check-in if I haven't gotten an update myself yet. Afterwards I wash my hands off the RP. Usually that time takes us to half a year later.

For RP's that are a little more stable and are a few posts in I'm more patient. Mostly because our characters are a bit more established by then.

I uhhhh...I feel like I'd be a bother if I poke people >.> But most of my rp partners, even the ones that are on and off, I follow so I have a good idea of when they're around. They usually though talk to me when they've been gone so I can appreciate that. As long as I know they're okay that's all that matters.

80% of the time I just FORGET to check in 😂 Since I'm already someone who takes forever to post, or loses track of roleplays I never remember to chase people for posts either.

As for the right amount of time to check in on peeps, I think give them the amount of time it usually takes them to post 🤔 starting at the 2 week mark.

I'm not gonna. I just don't have it in me any more to even try to chase people. Whatever the reason that a partner feels they can't write or however long it takes for them to get their muse back, I don't care. Say hi again and I'll be welcoming. If they're just not feeling the story any more, I know it can be an embarrassing thing to admit. But I don't need an explanation, I can't carry malice any more.

I don't check in that often because it's the internet, people come and go. But with the roleplays that have lasted longer than a few pages then I try to check in after a month or so. Depends really on how chatty my partners are. Some like to talk a lot so seeing them suddenly drop off might mean an emergency came up, or if they seem to be the type to let me know if they want to drop the rp then I just wait.

I am usually pretty patient and, if I don't get a reply in an rp, I tend to accept that either they're busy or maybe they forgot or maybe they just don't want to do the rp anymore and leave it at that. I do APPRECIATE a heads up if it's a case of "they don't want to continue the rp". I like the communication and the closure that I'm not waiting on a reply that will never come.
I tend to check in after a few weeks, maybe a month depending if just to simply ask "Hey are you still interested in this?"

Back