3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi, Modern, Apocalypse, Action and adventure, Steampunk, Dieselpunk, People with Powers, some historical eras, lots and lots of other things. Feel free to ask.
Spectre's wreck of a Test Thread
WELCOME
Hello! My name is Spectre (Or Sam, if you're feeling familiar) and welcome to my code dump. Now featuring less blindingly white text boxes! I mostly make the bbcodes for shits and giggles, though I've gotten quite good at it over the months and months and months I've been working on doing so. Kind of a calming practice for me, at this point. Feel free to look around, though I make no promises on organization. I'd love credit/notification if you're planning on using something of mine.

If you're looking for my good and/or completed codes, this thread here has that in a far more neat and orderly fashion. c:

A couple of requests:
1.) Don't post, unless you've asked permission or I said to.
2.) Please don't be afraid to ask me to explain things in PMs.

A couple of warnings:
1.) Lots and lots of gifs, images, videos. Especially on the latter pages.
2.) Lots and lots of cursing. I am an unapologetic pottymouth.

Gonna drop some interesting links:
Iwaku Color Guide
Div Shit
Color Picker
Filler Text Generator
Photo Editor 1 - Collage edition
Photo Editor 2 - Filter edition
This post about writing accents
Text replacer!! - literally saves my live on a weekly basis
Room Sketcher
FREE Image background remover
Imgur - my current image storer
Google Font List
Flex boxes? Flex boxes.
Useful Tumblr blog - Clothes and Historical Shit
Useful Tumblr post - big ass list of mythical creatures

FACECLAIMS
I made an alphabetized FC list! Fuck yeah. Fuck, that was a massive pain in my ass. The people are sorted by gender then surname, and the symbols are my own ranking system. More * means I like their face more, and a ☆ means I've used them as an FC in the past or am currently using them as an FC.
also pls tell me if I made a mistake. pls, for realsies.
BOIS
name surname - Image search -

David Agbodji - **
Johan Akan - ***
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje - **
Dawid Auguscik - ***
Pedro Aurelian - *
Braeden Baade - *
Daniel Bamdad - ☆ ***
Ben Barnes - **
Daniel Bederov - ☆ **
Brandon P. Bell - ***
Matthew Bell - **
Don Benjamin - ☆ ***
Jon Bernthal - ☆ ***
Gijs Blom - *
Tim Borrmann - **
Alex Bouchard - *
Ryan Bowden - **
David Brandt - Gallery Site - **
Matthew Brue - **
Caleb Callahan - **
Mario Casas - *
Cristian Codrin - **
Joe Collier - **
Andrew Cooper - **
Alejandro Corzo - **
Jai Courtney - ☆ **
Ben Dahlhaus - **
Arthur Daniyarov - *
Craig David - *
Casey Deidrick - ***
Andrea Denver - **
Benjamin Eidem - *
Boy Epic - **
Ben Feldman - **
Alexander Ferrario - **
Daniel Feuerriegel - **
Diego Fragoso - **
Dave Franco - **
Adam Gallagher - ☆ **
Dan Garland - ***
Daniel Garofali - **
Anthony Gastelier - ☆ ***
Dean Geyer - *
Baptiste Giabiconi - **
Artjom Gilz - **
David Giuntoli - **
Arthur Gosse - **
Frank Grillo - **
Adam Gurr - *
Quim Gutierrez - *
Armie Hammer - ☆ **
Thorbjorn Harr - ☆ **
Anders Hayward - *
Daniel Henney - **
Alfonso Herrera - **
Aldis Hodge - **
Craig Horner - **
Michiel Huisman - *
Billy Huxley - ☆ ***
Allan Hyde - *
Cheyanne Jackson - **
Stephen James - **
Erko Jun - *
Julien Kang - ***
Harshvardhan Kapoor - ***
Marwan Kenzari - **
Boris Kodjoe - *
Rahul Kohli - **
Francisco Lachowski - ☆ *
Miles Langford - *
Toby Leonard - ☆ **
Leandro Lima - ☆ **
Anton Lisin - *
Franco Lo Presti (? uncertain) - **
Alexander Ludwig - *
Daniel Madison - **
Rami Malek - ☆ **
Sasha Marini - **
Callan Mulvey - ☆ **
Sergio Muniz - *
Hideo Muraoka - ***
Cillian Murphy - **
Antonio Navas - **
Victor Norlander - **
Sean O'Pry - *
Alexis Papas - *
James Quaintance (Jimmy Q) - ☆ ***
Felix Rahmer - **
Matt Raimo - **
Edgar Ramirez - **
Blair Redford - **
Trevante Rhodes - ***
Drew Roy - **
Jesse Rutherford - ***
Benjamin Sadler - **
Adrien Sahores - **
AJ Saudin - ***
Adam Senn - *
Arran Sly - *
Clement Stevenant - *
Johnny Stevens - *
Levi Stocke - ☆ **
Chay Suede - **
Rajiv Surendra - ***
Alexander Uloom - **
Casper Van Dien - **
Bastiaan Van Gaalen - **
Simon Van Meervenne - **
Mateus Verdelho - ☆ **
Adam Von Rothfelder - ☆ ***
Hannes Wengle - ***
Edward Wilding - **
Finn Wittrock - **
GRILS
name surname - Image search -

Amy Acker - **
Clara Alonso - **
Angela Bassett - ☆ **
Valentina Belleza - ☆ ***
Alana Bunte - ☆ **
Amra Cerkezovic - **
Benthe De Vries - **
Alice Francis - **
Ashley Frangipane (Halsey) - **
Noni Gasa - ☆ ***
Beck Holladay - ☆ ***
Ellen Hollman - **
Alyosha Kovalyova - **
Katrina Law - **
Noemie Lenoir - **
Aiyana Lewis - ***
Gugu Mbatha-Raw - ***
Thandie Newton - **
Lupita Nyong'o - ***
Oluchi Onweagba - **
Felicia Porter - ☆ ***
Hilary Rhoda - **
Isabella Rossellini - **
Emily Rudd - **
Scarlett Simoneit - ☆ ***
Antonia Thomas - ***
Antje Traue - ☆ ***
Denise Vasi - ☆ **
Alek Wek - **
Michelle Yeoh - **
Elodie Yung - ☆ ***
Amelia Zadro - **
Ziyi Zhang - **

Last edited:

[Alex] [L] [Baughman]
Civilian Registration
"I, um, didn't see that cartoon when I was a kid. My early childhood was ninety percent Star Trek and Discovery Channel. That's...probably why I'm such a nerd."

Title/Suffix (if any): N/A
Age and DOB: 27; September 4th, 1990
Sexual Preference: Bisexual
Place of Birth: Carlsbad, New Mexico

Height: 5 feet 8 inches
Weight: 136 lbs
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Blood Type: O+
Body Identification Mark(s): Full-sleeve tattoo on her left arm; Asian styled dragon wrapped around her right leg; Vulcan Salute from her neck down her spine

Educational History:
Graduated from Oregon State University
Desired Occupation:
Librarian or something involving art
College Degrees (if any):
Bachelor's in Fine Arts
Notable Skills:
Tattooing and tattoo art
General artistry, some knowledge of graphic design
Logical reasoning; organization

Personality:
[+] Dependable - Alex is someone that can be relied on. She'll be at least five minutes early to an event, she'll complete tasks she agrees to take on as soon as possible and as fastidiously as she can manage, she'll wake up at two o'clock in the morning to pick up a friend at the airport. Her word is, barring the fire nation attacking sudden conflict, something one can count on.
[+] Creative - Even with the logical way she tends to approach life, Alex is quite good at creative thinking and it shows in more than her art. She's also adept at, say, solving a challenging riddle or jury-rigging a simple fix for a ceiling, along with other skills related to creative thinking.
[=] Efficient - Alex is a fairly neat and well-organized person, both of those traits because of her need for efficiency in her work and in her day to day tasks. She doesn't procrastinate and doesn't appreciate that particular trait in others, so tends to complete jobs, paperwork, and other things as fast as she's able.
[=] Shy - Though Alex leans decidedly towards extroversion, her social anxiety is an obstacle she's never quite been able to scale. She likes people and enjoys being around them, but there's no established set of rules governing social interaction and she's afraid of embarrassing herself or drawing attention or being rejected, so she tends to keep quiet in groups and avoid public speaking as much as possible.
[-] Critical - If one wants a blunt and honest commentary on a report for work or a personal project or anything like that, Alex is the person to go to. Her standards for the people close to her are fairly high, though she only calls them out on the worst of it. The standards she sets for herself are higher and she isn't so gentle with herself.
[-] Pragmatic - Alex is the antithesis of a sentimentalist, as she's the sort of individual who throws away things that have lost their use or cuts off friends who have become an obstacle instead of a source of support. The saying "out with the old and in with the new" is something she takes to heart and she's merciless in its application.
History:
Alex was born in Carlsbad, New Mexico to one Alejandra Cordoba, who was barely seventeen and in no fit position to raise a child. So, after a difficult delivery, Amalia signed the paperwork and signed over the custody of her newborn daughter to Ellen and Franklin Baughman. Ellen was employed as a scientist at the local lab in Carlsbad and Franklin was a civil engineer for a fairly prominent contractor, so Alex was well taken care of but neither of her adoptive parents had as much spare time to spend with her as they'd have liked. Still, Alex made it through early childhood mostly undamaged. Once she turned five, she started picking her own TV programs to watch and her own books to read, and as soon as she discovered Star Trek, the young girl was hooked. Sci-fi became her favorite genre of fiction, TV shows or otherwise, and space fascinated her down to her core.

School went fine, for the most part. Her adoptive parents had (perhaps over-zealously) prepared Alex for her school years. Franklin tutored her in math, her worst subject, and his logical and somewhat manner of doing so is what set the foundations for her high standards for herself later on in life. No amount of tutoring could teach Alex to socialize, however, and she was a bit awkward around others even as a child. Ellen and Franklin chose to adopt a second kid when Alex was seven, a five-year-old boy named Oran, and it took no time at all for the pair of them to slip into a rivalry. As they grew up, Oran turned out to be every bit as artistic as Alex but he was energetic and social, practically puppy-like in personality. Alex grew up a quiet doodler, her glasses and love for documentaries and Star Trek setting her firmly in the "nerd" circle. She and Oran wouldn't grow close until they were both adults.

After graduating high school with a 3.8 GPA and good SAT scores, Alex applied to Oregon State University and was accepted. She finished her degree in Fine Arts after four years, her focus on drawing and graphic design. Her original plan was to become a concept artist; that changed while she was on a weekend excursion to Portland during her second year. She was people-watching in a small coffee shop when she realized one of the other patrons had a drawing pad with him; he noticed her watching and called her over. They ended up getting into an art discussion over the course of the morning and she found herself fascinated by what he did: tattoo artistry. After some research and no small amount of careful thought, Alex decided that was what she wanted to do. It wasn't exactly her initial plan, but the idea of making art for people appealed to her. After graduation, she moved up to Portland and apprenticed under an artist for two years before becoming a fully fledged tattoo artist herself.

Oran was the one who heard about the NASA project first, and he was the one who pointed Alex towards it. She was hesitant to apply at first, because the idea of having children with someone she'd never met was daunting and the idea of a mere tattoo artist like herself going to settle Mars sounded crazy. After some long thought and a few discussions with her brother ("Come on," he'd say, "how many chances are you going to get to be one of the first humans to go somewhere? In space?") she came around and applied. The mental and physical examinations both went very well, and she was selected as one of the civilian members of the Mars Settlement Project. She's quite excited, but also cautious about the dangers and the whole "having kids" thing.
Desired Offspring: One, but wouldn't be opposed to more

Other:
~
Faceclaim is Felicia Porter
~ Color code is #008080
~
Alignment is Neutral Good
~ Middle name is Leslie
~ Has a minor case of nearsightedness which is corrected with contacts, though a pair of glasses with the correct prescription is among her personal items
~ Avid video gamer, or was before the Mars Settlement Project; also used to play Magic: the Gathering and DnD, though all her games, cards, dice, and books have been left in the care of her adoptive brother
~ Paired with: To be determined
~ To be added to as needed

[My Word is My Bond]

Last edited:
PVT CALLAN BENNETT

Headed for the Cafeteria ♦ helping Fiona (@kuukakulily) ♦ A bit embarrassed
A quick glance around proved that they'd collected all her various papers, so Callan straightened up and offered those he'd gathered up so she could stuff the lot into one of her bags. She wasn't one for delicacy and care, it seemed. He took note of that, and he'd also noticed she'd collected his file - or what he assumed was his file, anyways, since it had his name on it - before he could, though he wasn't sure what that meant. Was it significant? Was it coincidence? Eh. Could be either, and it didn't matter which. It wasn't worth worrying about. Whatever was in his file, it was good enough that he'd been approved to be here, and that was plenty enough for him. He did worry about her motives, but he worried about everyone's motives.

"Fi it is," he responded amiably, a soft smile gracing his face thanks to the expression of distaste she'd pulled. Her "Oh Lord yes!" broadened the smile a little bit; he hadn't had the chance to meet too many people from the American South, and those he had met tended to be charming. Fiona seemed to be especially so. Adorable, even. Callan began collecting her bags and hefting them onto his shoulders before he responded to her last statement. "No bother at all. The kitchens can wait a few minutes," he told her, spending a moment to adjust the bags he was carrying before looking back towards Fiona. What were in these bags? Books, maybe. That seemed to suit the woman before him. "Lead the way, ma'am. I'm not too sure where the PSMO quarters are."

ALEX BAUGHMAN

Civilian Living Quarters ♣ Playing 20 Questions with Noah (@Mundane Monster) ♣ Feeling surprisingly honest
Alex carefully set her bags down beside Noah's, studiously avoiding looking at the room's one bed. That was...that was a discussion for later. Still, she felt her cheeks heat up as she delicately brushed away the wrinkles in her clothes before sitting down on a corner of the bed she was still refusing to look at. The full breadth of her intense focus went to Noah, instead, her chin resting in her palm and her elbow resting atop her crossed legs.

"Favorite childhood memory, huh?" she asked, more to stall for time than to confirm the question. She'd heard what he said perfectly well, though the finger he tapped against his lips served as something of a distraction.

[spoili]
"I think I'll have to go with the Crater Lake trip. It was..." she began, pausing for a moment to figure out the date. "July in ninety nine, so I was almost ten. Dad got a couple weeks off, mom managed to negotiate for some vacation time, my brother and I were on summer vacation...My family was the sort who went roadtripping or whatever for holidays, so my parents decided we were going up north and up north we went. We stopped in Redding at this diner place that had ice cream, and Oran, my little brother, decided to have some ice cream for desert. Bad idea, since he's lactose intolerant, but he was the most pigheaded eight year old I've ever seen so he pouted at our parents until they caved."

Alex paused again, an expression of vague distress crossing her face. "It really sucked for him, I don't mean to downplay that. He had an upset stomach the rest of the day, and we had to keep taking bathroom breaks-" she cut herself off quickly after realizing she was getting on topic, going back to the memory with an embarrassed smile. "Anyways. Oran was really quiet the rest of the drive. The rest of the afternoon, actually, and he was a lot less hyper than he usually was when we got to Crater Lake that afternoon." A smile bloomed on her face as she got to what she deemed the good part. "I just remember standing at this lookout place, looking over the water, with my dad taking all these pictures of us and my mom spouting facts about how the lake formed and Oran standing by the wood fence with this awestruck expression. He wasn't running around, or trying to rope me into a game, or asking a million questions. He was just..." Another pause, Alex zoning out just a little bit as she recalled the moment. "He was just appreciating the scenery. It was good to see. The lake was good to see, too, of course, but that's my favorite memory because Oran got to appreciate it, too. He spends too much time trying to pack as much living as he can into every moment that he doesn't really value what living he's done, you know?"[/spoili]

A soft head shake so Alex could clear her head and her suddenly thoughtful mood, focus sharpening on Noah once again. "My turn, then," she stated after a second, a frown of concentration slowly forming on her face while she figured out what she wanted to ask. "Who's your favorite fictional character - or characters - from anything and why?" she finally responded, deciding that was as good a question as any.

Last edited:
MALCOLM PROBS

Being actually comfortable someplace ♦ chillin' with Angel ♦ feelin' surprisingly content
Omoti cehir viraven niva rimelep: Ierur tewehed ri se ilu, iletita te sobot ilade narirel motiesin citerin one nor yienar.

Itir durokun siwe rate niliepas oto guwo hi macurep. Ito leta tesite timenen la cerenas ro. Ibi ci eruvew buref non cipe. Ata aceginoy pinerup uneri, yugope ser tadoci laronat fuca sawiene umal lib oco edier. Tat epie izomesa cela ha asileb etiesasoy tol, dihen gi luy ceho bit ibomesoy ucus. Tomic danate gano tagah lal uhet. Tenari senere vepu rih fega cagor sanalu sur. Tiras nowam feg tiser atudiye atoy giligiel naxitev tedi sokac! Ruteti tadiebu pikie ri wihecuc; not ditoc mererey ebocacis sediesak asidan lecades! Otapit me iehatiba eris rovig: Sega secoto petepe.

"Tepirud na la fofie goh! Galic wa cesava oxisope upase beg tedacu kipidop, olavasi seror uticonay ral henuro oho. Ne sabayip doposu eralogo egitoje hilatat te raselin! Ese ipofin cien erineqi. Yacit datico lic etihe ipec led lec ne cucono. Riemi dib arimal toruti nog rig."

Dasece tewoge nacat hiselev tor zileras ya tas, turucen ititoruw po donil ledalon socac tisefe monata yatukic aga, yim aci sip nerat uliroc di he igetena cotet. Sim luvilip weroc: Ta mita nolole sime sutinag esabehoc roliseb nabude lihe oga! Eladagan riric oposoh na ukamarup dinar! Na netixen sir her ranah lo, gisorut finepo emier nedic sa! Sanaxe do guriepit ma fitafi esom. Dis sah pinot ni sager ret rap evetata. Nareco tot va anil ruleto woked ce isoy ha nohate? Yatace ibehasip wecanon noha, tonad ma lehop osih ebimir itenimi giru afe.

Ma nurilo cani! Dotole demilik ipef tetu notitief ecusi pelilum itatuco rop: Luperel tete te saluwo busieyas pi. Rievadat ipil lat nac avasur aseset nenotel raya nebacec.

Riecah notetel dine he, ge ba loce ipu silin ises pit ni horita, ra xusef noruved nerir turiseh eboribuy demo tocapi obupis nite: Esilinev rilulen bor oruho xi tiecol icetaro itiv num bofi. Atihe xeli tone ares serih re catemu lepi renetuv. Esocorir sa ucopi tidulo buv wapay lucecos tubun orol rer; nire bid ricama ene yowe ga taw coy. Ne tacac kuse, acedaro eloti bal bacop onan enivec aroni; tare luho pe nosapod te pi, haroras elin bomu. Codiemi seso pemudel pegaga. Dit bucocol temumor net fulis teniv.

Last edited:

[Callan] [Z] [Bennett]
Military Registration
"Men are dogs. Beasts. Might look proper in a little suit and tie, might act like cute little puppies, but we're dogs, the whole fucking lot of us. And we've all got teeth."

Title/Suffix (if any): SPC
Age and DOB: 28; April 26th, 1989
Place of Birth: Adelaide, Australia

Height: 6 feet 5 inches
Weight: 223 lbs
Eye Color: Gray
Blood Type: AB+
Body Identification Mark(s): No tattoos; two nasty stripes across his back that together make a terribly drawn plus sign; lots of smaller scars on face, arms, and hands from fights and the like; small, gnarled scar on inside of left thigh from a knife wound

Places Stationed:
Fort Leonard Wood
Fort Huachuca
The Pentagon
Combat Training Received:
Boxing; Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Basic Combat Training
Weapon Training Received:
Basic firearms
Assault rifles
MOS 35F, Intelligence Analyst: analyzing, coordinating, and compiling reports/data streams

Education:
Graduated High School
Obtained a Bachelors in Engineering
Personality:
[+] Dedicated - Cal's one for commitment. He dedicates himself to his choices, to his opinions, to tasks he's given, to his lifestyle, to the people he associates with. Because of this dedication, he is a responsible person, is easy to label as a hard worker, and tends toward organization. Though, said organization does not make him a clean person, necessarily.
[+] Observant - For a muscular Army grunt who quite literally used to fight for a living, Callan pays surprisingly close attention to his surroundings and the people around him. He tends to notice the little details, like when someone's gotten a new haircut or seems to be in a better mood than usual, and this attentiveness grants him a knack for quickly understanding new concepts.
[=] Impatient - Callan is terrible at waiting. He dislikes being made to wait, he dislikes the actual process of waiting, he dislikes resolving a situation or obtaining something after such a massive waste of his time. He doesn't care much for surprises or for hint-dropping, either.
[=] Confrontational - If Cal has a problem with you or something you're doing, you're going to know about it from him and in person, if he can manage it. Beating around the bush and faking niceties are not skills he has or even wishes to learn. This also makes him something of a blunt person.
[-] Self-Destructive - With his...lovely...combination of a low self esteem and no small degree of self-hatred, Cal would be defined as self-destructive with how hard he pushes himself when working out or working in general, along with his incredibly cavalier attitude towards his own well being and any injuries he suffers.
[-] Cynical - Callan, on general principle and completely without exception, subconsciously assumes everyone he meets is either out to use him or can and will betray him at some point and behaves accordingly. He doesn't openly declare it, but this cynicism has a strong effect on how he interacts with others. It's not particularly easy to earn his trust but it's not particularly easy to lose it, either.
History:
Callan, in no uncertain terms, was born a "miracle child". His parents had been trying to conceive for more than two years with little success until Callan, and they would never have another child after him. His father was a retired boxer and a boxing instructor at a local gym, and his mother was the stay at home sort who desperately wanted grandchildren. Ever since he was young, there was always this pressure on Callan to do well in school, get an education, marry a nice girl, and settle down somewhere nice so his parents could spoil the children he'd undoubtedly have. Ever since he was young, he'd always thought that girls were weird and wanted little to do with them.

When Callan was seven, his father accepted the opportunity to become an up-and-coming boxer's personal trainer, and the family moved to the United States. Callan started taking his own lessons in boxing (and later, martial arts) fairly soon after the move. It was also fairly soon after the move that he met Rhys, an older boy who lived in their neighborhood. Rhys was the local troublemaker, prankster, and occasional bully, but he took a strange liking to the quiet, gangly Australian kid and the two made fast friends. Callan's parents tolerated their friendship; despite his misbehavior around the neighborhood, Rhys was always "an absolute angel" when with Callan. So, they stayed friends well into their teenage years, with Callan playing the smart and athletic half of their strange duo and Rhys playing the criminally minded bad boy. Rhys went to juvy on minor drug-related charges when Callan was just barely fifteen, and didn't get out until it was nearly Callan's sixteenth birthday. When he got back, he'd changed, especially in how he behaved around Callan.

It was on the evening of Callan's sixteenth birthday when Rhys whispered "this is so damn wrong" before kissing him for the first time. That kiss was the catalyst that caused their relationship to bloom in all kinds of unpleasant ways, quickly becoming both sexual and incredibly unhealthy. Callan was too afraid of losing his best friend to say no to anything Rhys wanted to do or try and Rhys took full advantage of that fact, even though he was utterly and entirely convinced their relationship was wrong, immoral, against God. He even attempted to convince Callan of the same, despite the fact he was pushing their relationship further and further and into darker and darker areas. Callan wasn't particularly difficult to convince, however. He'd been under pressure from his parents to be successful and have some grandkids since he was little; that kind of self-destructive thinking wasn't too far of a reach.

Between the crazy shit he was dealing with from Rhys and the pressure from his parents to keep his grades up, Callan turned to the only outlet he really had to blow off steam: his boxing lessons. His father praised his increased intensity and focus, claiming Callan had finally discovered his passion for the sport. Rhys praised his muscle and his skill, claiming that his talent for fighting was hot. Training became his new favorite pastime, right up there with messing around with machinery. Callan soon expanded his training into martial arts and into takedowns and improving his ground game, and by the time he was accepted to a local college that offered an engineering program, he was a fairly well-rounded and talented fighter. By his second semester of freshman year, Rhys had pushed him into actually fighting in some underground matches, and before the end of sophomore year he'd switched to online classes and had begun fighting semi-professionally. He graduated college at twenty three and chose not to pursue higher education, instead letting Rhys and his father talk him into focusing on a career in MMA.

At twenty five, Callan was doing quite well for himself, professionally. His win-loss ratio remained impressive, and there'd even been talk of bringing the young fighter into the UFC proper and putting him before a far wider audience. His parents were incredibly proud. His relationship with Rhys was as unhealthy and erratic and secretive as it had ever been, perhaps even more so due to the stress of an important upcoming fight and how fucking tired Callan was of their situation. They had a huge fight one night in July which ended when Rhys stormed out of Callan's apartment, more drunk than he should have been. Callan would find out in the morning that Rhys had hit a semi truck in the middle of the night and he'd passed before paramedics had even arrived on scene.

Callan spent months grieving and blaming himself, never quite able to explain the reason for his intense depression to his parents because his parents never knew what they were to one another. Then again, Callan hadn't known what they were, either, and as he gained distance from the hurt and perspective on all that Rhys had put him through and convinced him of, his grief shifted into something a lot more like self disgust. In a drastic effort to wipe the slate clean and find out who he actually was without such a controlling force in his life, Callan dropped his MMA career and enlisted in the Army only a couple of years later. Serve his country, see the world, get a grant towards the Masters degree he actually wanted...it sounded like the best option. But, thanks to his status as a minor celebrity and his exemplary performance in training, he ended up stationed at the Pentagon and was even offered a position on the crew of the Mars Settlement Project when one of the senior intelligence analysts withdrew her application. He accepted, figuring that maybe leaving Earth completely would help with some of the baggage he carried with him.

Callan struggles with bouts of depression and his self-destructive tendencies, both relating to the emotional and physical abuse he suffered from his ex. He's been given a prescription for depression medication and is under orders to check in with the PSMOs in the Cognitive division on a regular basis until he's cleared for regular service.

Other:
~ Faceclaim is Armie Hammer
~ Color code is #FF4500
~
Alignment is Chaotic Neutral
~ Middle name is Zane
~ Has dimples
~ Moderately famous MMA fighter back on Earth, known as Callan "Mad Dog" Bennett and had a reputation for being hard to knock off his feet
~ Has a high pain tolerance
~ Speaks with an Australian accent; also speaks Russian well enough to hold a conversation
~ Lowkey a really good cook, especially loves to bake
~ To be added to as needed

[Aim High...Fly-Fight-Win]

Last edited:
Time for tab play!! whoo

[Dalton] [T] [Hendry]
PSMO Registration
"Before you start gettin' a good impression of me or somethin': I'm basically a stupid, reckless, clumsy idiot with a weirdly high IQ and an attraction to danger who's pretty good at his job."

• Title/Suffix: Dr.
    Age and DOB: 25; November 27th, 1991
    Place of Birth: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Division: Medical
    Degree(s):
    Bachelor of Arts
    Doctor of Medicine, graduated magna cum laude
  • Height: 5 feet 9 inches
    Weight: 154 lbs
    Eye Color: Blue
    Blood Type: B+
    Body Identification Mark(s): Ouroboros on inside of right forearm; "Invictus" by Henley on left side; "Carpe Diem" across chest; a set of surgery scars on outside of right forearm; appendectomy scar
  • Educational Institution(s) Attended:
    Brown University
    Alpert Medical School at Brown University
    Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island (internship and residency)
    Specialty: Family Medicine
    Notable Skills:
    General medical skills; from injury treatment to disease prevention to nutritional management
    Extensive study of sociology and social dynamics
    Rock climbing
    Physically fit
    Empathetic
  • [+] Tenacious - Though he goofs around and makes self-depreciative jokes and downplays how much work actually went into getting him where he is, Dalton is an incredibly hard-working person and a difficult individual to deter, no matter what he has to push through or what troubles find their way into his path.
    [+] Open minded - One of Dalton's defining characteristics is his acceptance of other people, regardless of their opinions on any topic no matter how controversial. He's got his own opinions and he's quite happy to debate the subject of your choice, but he doesn't take any of it personally.
    [=] Inquisitive - Dalton seems to be a never ending fountain of questions, and that has its positives and its negatives. On one hand, he can hold up a conversation perfectly well no matter the subject matter. On the other, his near constant curiosity can get pretty annoying.
    [=] Shameless - It's practically impossible to embarrass Dalton, regardless of the subject being discussed or whatever humiliating story you may have on him. He can talk about the nitty gritty details of STDs or that one time he shit himself right before class started and wound up being late or how weird the weather's been lately like they were all apart of the same conversation.
    [-] Reckless - Another one of Dalton's defining characteristics is his attraction to danger. He spends what little free time he earns doing dumb things, like going rock climbing while neglecting to use safety ropes or harnesses. He also tends not to think before making decisions and leans towards high risk high reward strategies.
    [-] Sensitive - Dalton can talk about anything under the sun...with the noteworthy exception of himself. He tends to take critique and criticism personally, tends to get touchy when even gently teased about particular subjects (his risk taking, for example) and has a snappy and biting temper when hurt.
  • Dalton grew up in a chaotic household, what with him being born as the youngest of seven with his oldest brother being sixteen. It helped the chaos exactly none that he was a born troublemaker, the sort of kid who saw a tree or a fence and tried to climb it, so bruises and scrapes were the norm for him as a kid. It wasn't until the summer after he turned nine that he broke his first bone, however. It was an experience that would stick with him. The cause was simple enough; he'd fallen from a tree and his right arm impacted a rock that broke both the bones in his arm in a compound fracture. The fix involved a number of pins and a pair of plates put in his arm, then removed after the bones had healed. It was the doctor who performed the surgeries that made it such a lasting experience, what with her patience in answering the curious nine-year-old's incessant questions about his bone, his treatment, and eventually more general things about being a doctor. When Dalton finally asked if she liked being a doctor, she told him that she liked helping people and suggested that he could be a doctor, too, if he wanted and he worked very hard. That answer would stick with him for years to come.

After recovering from the break, Dalton focused more on school and started pulling ahead in his classes. After all, he had to work hard if he wanted to fix bones and answer annoying questions from weird nine-year-olds and help people. Besides, the slow track wasn't exactly his thing anyways. That philosophy was what had him graduating high school at just sixteen and moving to Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island before his seventeenth birthday. He took their eight year degree program, obtaining his bachelors there (with a focus in the social sciences, specifically sociology) then moving directly onto medical school. He graduated a few months before he turned twenty four.

The distance was difficult for Dalton for most of those eight years; two weeks now and again to fly down to New Orleans and see family wasn't nearly enough time for someone who'd grown up around so many people. Studying was harder for the first few months because he couldn't plop the book down on the coffee table and listen to his family's noise while he read. Doing homework was harder for the first year or so because he couldn't bug one of his older siblings with questions about the math behind it or how his answer sounded. Socializing was hard simply because he hardly had time, what with projects and homework and studying and far too many classes than he should have taken, but he needed the contact with people badly enough that he'd skip sleeping some nights so he could socialize and get his work done. Energy drinks and the little plug in coffee machine one of his sisters, Naya, sent him for his birthday one year became godsends.

But, he did it, graduating magna cum laude with less than a dozen panicked calls to Naya or one of his other siblings in the middle of the night over those eight years. Dalton was quickly accepted into Brown's Family Medicine residency program and worked his way through internship and into the actual residency, impressing the program's head with his dedication. When time came for her to recommend candidates for the Mars Settlement program, she ended up putting Dalton's name on the the list and his impressive academic history is what earned him a spot on the staff. He accepted immediately, too excited by the idea of going to Mars to turn the opportunity down even though it meant leaving his (incredibly supportive) family behind.
  • ~ Faceclaim is Ian Somerhalder
    ~ Color code is #663399
    ~
    Alignment is Chaotic Good
    ~ Middle name is Thomas
    ~ Flamboyantly pansexual
    ~ Speaks with a soft Southern accent and is fluent in French
    ~ Brought an extensive and eclectic collection of music on a 2TB external hard drive; that hard drive also has tons of pictures, a few book files, and a movie or two
    ~ Tends to gesture while speaking; chews his lower lip when thinking
    ~ The great big list of siblings(not including their families):
    • Charles Hendry, 68, father
    • Joan Hendry, deceased, mother
    • Richard Hendry, 41, eldest brother
    • Isabella Hendry, 39, eldest sister
    • Jonah and Marcus Hendry, 34, twin brothers
    • Roselyn Hendry, 30, middle sister
    • Naya Hendry, 27, youngest sister

~ To be added to

[Fortitude and Compassion]

That was far easier than anticipated.

Last edited:
CALLAN PROBS

Waiting impatiently somewhere ♦ looking around for someone ♦ feelin' like he'd rather be coding
Omoti cehir viraven niva rimelep: Ierur tewehed ri se ilu, iletita te sobot ilade narirel motiesin citerin one nor yienar.

Itir durokun siwe rate niliepas oto guwo hi macurep. Ito leta tesite timenen la cerenas ro. Ibi ci eruvew buref non cipe. Ata aceginoy pinerup uneri, yugope ser tadoci laronat fuca sawiene umal lib oco edier. Tat epie izomesa cela ha asileb etiesasoy tol, dihen gi luy ceho bit ibomesoy ucus. Tomic danate gano tagah lal uhet. Tenari senere vepu rih fega cagor sanalu sur. Tiras nowam feg tiser atudiye atoy giligiel naxitev tedi sokac! Ruteti tadiebu pikie ri wihecuc; not ditoc mererey ebocacis sediesak asidan lecades! Otapit me iehatiba eris rovig: Sega secoto petepe.

"Tepirud na la fofie goh! Galic wa cesava oxisope upase beg tedacu kipidop, olavasi seror uticonay ral henuro oho. Ne sabayip doposu eralogo egitoje hilatat te raselin! Ese ipofin cien erineqi. Yacit datico lic etihe ipec led lec ne cucono. Riemi dib arimal toruti nog rig."

Dasece tewoge nacat hiselev tor zileras ya tas, turucen ititoruw po donil ledalon socac tisefe monata yatukic aga, yim aci sip nerat uliroc di he igetena cotet. Sim luvilip weroc: Ta mita nolole sime sutinag esabehoc roliseb nabude lihe oga! Eladagan riric oposoh na ukamarup dinar! Na netixen sir her ranah lo, gisorut finepo emier nedic sa! Sanaxe do guriepit ma fitafi esom. Dis sah pinot ni sager ret rap evetata. Nareco tot va anil ruleto woked ce isoy ha nohate? Yatace ibehasip wecanon noha, tonad ma lehop osih ebimir itenimi giru afe.

Ma nurilo cani! Dotole demilik ipef tetu notitief ecusi pelilum itatuco rop: Luperel tete te saluwo busieyas pi. Rievadat ipil lat nac avasur aseset nenotel raya nebacec.

Riecah notetel dine he, ge ba loce ipu silin ises pit ni horita, ra xusef noruved nerir turiseh eboribuy demo tocapi obupis nite: Esilinev rilulen bor oruho xi tiecol icetaro itiv num bofi. Atihe xeli tone ares serih re catemu lepi renetuv. Esocorir sa ucopi tidulo buv wapay lucecos tubun orol rer; nire bid ricama ene yowe ga taw coy. Ne tacac kuse, acedaro eloti bal bacop onan enivec aroni; tare luho pe nosapod te pi, haroras elin bomu. Codiemi seso pemudel pegaga. Dit bucocol temumor net fulis teniv.

Last edited:
SAM HOCKADAY

Headed to Room Nine of Vishen Hall ♣ Mildly concerned ♣ Tagged: @IceQueen
Wait, was she...staring at his mouth? Awkward.

Sam gave the redhead a skeptical look after he'd finished speaking, brows furrowing downward, then he remembered his tongue piercing and his eyes immediately softened. That was probably what she was staring at. That was hopefully what she was staring at. There was always the possibility he had food stuck in his teeth or an equally embarrassing thing, but he went ahead and assumed it was the piercing and obligingly dropped his mouth open. The piercing was a simple metal barbell, shiny and new, placed closer to the tip of his tongue than was common. It had healed quite well; Sam had been extra careful about maintenance and cleaning.

Another woman spoke before he could begin to formulate a funny remark, and his mouth closed when he turned to look at her. This one had blue hair, interestingly enough, and she was a bit shorter than the redhead. Equally lovely, though. He watched the exchange between the two with curious eyes, discovering that the redhead was Ferra, apparently, and the blue-haired lady was Heoni.

"Good to meet you!" Sam said to Ferra as she clomped back inside, returning the wave, cheeks turning pink. Look up Heoni's skirt? No, he would never! He wasn't nearly short enough to - yeah, best cut that line of thought before he got himself into trouble, thinking about a lady like that. He turned back to Heoni after Ferra had disappeared inside, composing himself quickly and collecting his two bags. "Can I ask where room nine is?" he said, just as another new person walked up to the Hall. Simon Mortimer, it seemed. Sam's first instinct was to introduce himself, but Heoni was definitely a better person to answer the guy's questions. Sam didn't even know where is own room was.

Wait, did he say he was a magical creature?

Last edited:
REDLIGHT- The Blue Room
With a yelp, Betty spun round before tripping backwards over the chaise. She landed awkwardly, her wrist crumpling beneath her, and with a cry, she kicked out at the elongated sofa, sending the light weight furniture into the knees of the hulking beast.

The sofa did little to him aside from slowing him down slightly. It was enough to evoke an excited growl from him however. Before his kind was forced into civility he always loved it when his prey fought back. The orc decided he would savor the moment. He kicked the couch aside with little effort, the plush furniture flying and breaking against the wall.

A low grumbling laugh escaped Olseg as he slowly closed the distance between him and the Watcher.

Florence, already shaking the rain from her umbrella, glanced at Malcolm with worry in her eyes as she heard the muffled sound of something breaking over the energetic band. Haphazardly setting her umbrella by the door, she started to walk briskly through the crowd, trying her best not to bump into any of the patrons or break into an outright run. It could be nothing, and she didn't want to cause any suspicion - but given the fact that they were coming to pick up a watcher, she really doubted that it was just your average, everyday sound of destruction. "Why can't anything ever just be simple," she muttered under her breath.

Trailing after Florence towards the source of the noise, Malcolm moved his way through the crowd as delicately as he could manage. Which wasn't very delicately at all, actually, given his size and the close press of people in the space of the bar. Still, he made it over to the door off to the side that seemed to cut into the backstage area without pushing anyone or causing a ruckus. An accomplishment in his book. After a quick look around to check for unwanted observers, Malcolm carefully ducked into the backstage hallway and closed the door behind himself and Florence. He turned to his partner and began to suggest, "I'll go-" A soft cry followed by the sounds of something breaking cut him off and solved the problem of locating whatever they'd heard.

Inside the dressing room, which seemed suddenly and unnervingly smaller than a sardine can, Betty managed, with some difficulty, to make it to her feet. Little it would do... He had closed in too much already.

Still, she had been through too damn much to go down easily. Pulling off her heels, Betty hurled the first at the creature, brandishing the second like a blade. It wouldn't do much, but it had been sharp enough for Jimmy, with the wandering hands... Maybe she'd get lucky twice.

Florence hit the wall with a sound somewhere between a splat and a crash, and fell face-first onto the ground. But, as fast as she hit the floor, she rose, nose spouting a small stream of dark blood, and light bruises starting to form on her body. She dashed forward, back to the tumbling orc, and drove her elbow into his back to force him to the floor. "Stay down, asshole," she growled loudly, her voice like gravel exiting her dry throat. She wasn't sure if they could keep him down, but if he could just understand that they would stop him by any means necessary, he might surrender. Of course, this wasn't the most plausible possibility. But she didn't want to have to outright kill the orc.

The heel had struck and Betty staggered back at she surveyed her handiwork with something of a horrified expression. She wasn't a violent person, and knowing that the man... creature... thing might have killed her, or worse, didn't assuage much of the guilt she felt at having injured him.

Of course, it didn't help when the beast stumbled into the male half of her heroic duo. The woman, looking bruised and battered, a small river of blood coming from her nose, rampaged again, and it was all Betty could do to stay on her feet at the cacophony of shouts and swirling image of bodies crashing into bodies crowded the space in that small dressing room.

The edge of her vision blurred into a deep cherry red, her ears ringing violently and as a rush of heat rose up the back of her spine, a wave of nausea roiling through her stomach, Betty's knees gave way and she crumpled into a faint.

There was a brief struggle as Florence held a knee on top of Olseg to keep him down, but she punched him in the back of the head a couple of times and he seemed to get the point. She reached into her jacket to pull out a pair of handcuffs, which had a set of runes carved around the edges. Usually simple steel wouldn't be enough to hold a creature with this much strength, but the enchantment that had been placed on these cuffs should be able to keep him in check. "All right, it's my duty to put you under-" Florence was cut off as she heard the watcher crumple to the floor behind her. She spun to look, unwittingly sending flecks of blood flying about her general vicinity. When she saw the woman fainted on the floor, she sighed. I guess that's to be expected. What a way to find yourself beyond the grey. She hauled the orc to his feet, and nodded at Malcolm. "Can you get her?"

The magic on Malcolm's hands dissipated as soon as Florence pinned the orc down, relief crossing across his face for a mere moment. Then he saw their Watcher hit the floor and the relief was wiped away almost immediately. He didn't even waste enough time to nod at Florence before stepping over the orc and rushing over to their Watcher, magic dissipating from his hands as he moved. He winced softly as he knelt down, far from eager to witness the woman's reaction once she awoke, but they didn't have time to wait for her to regain consciousness here. The room was trashed, the noise they'd made was likely disruptive, the club was filled with humans. Lurking around was not wise.

So, with a wider wince, Malcolm gathered the Watcher into his arms and lifted her off the floor. He was no strongman, but he could carry her well enough. "We should go," he muttered, frowning softly after he finished the sentence. Flo would know that. She'd been doing this for far longer than he had.

Florence nodded at Malcolm and began to take the orc outside the smashed door - that would have to be left for someone else to find and deal with. For now, they needed to get the criminal and the watcher back to the office. She gave the Orc a smack across the head as she started walking him out, looking for a back door from the stage - she didn't want to deal with walking a handcuffed guy through a crowd, even if they couldn't see through the grey. Unfortunately they started to get soaked through in the heavy rain as she scurried the ogre to her car - something that was already going to be a cramped fit for her, Malcolm, and the watcher. She bit her lip. "Malcolm, would you mind sitting in the back with him? Wouldn't want the watcher to wake up next to this guy. Hell, I know I wouldn't." After just a brief moment of scuffle as everyone positioned themselves in the car, Florence began driving off from the club - trying to be a bit gentler this time with her driving.

Last edited:
TITLE FOR SHEET

Age | Gender | Smexuality | Alignment
" we'll all float on ,
all right don't worry​ "

• Name:
    Character name

Nickname(s):
    Character nicknames

Date of Birth:
    Date; astrological sign

Place of Birth:
    Place

Ethnicity:
    Stuff n things

"Ma nurilo cani! Dotole demilik ipef tetu notitief ecusi pelilum itatuco rop: Luperel tete te saluwo busieyas pi. Rievadat ipil lat nac avasur aseset nenotel raya nebacec."
  • Description:
    Paragraph description: how others see them, notable features, quirks, tells

Identifying Features:
    Deets on scars, tats, piercings, etc

Height:
    Height

Weight:
    Weight

Body Frame:
    Build

Skin Tone:
    Skin tone

"Ma nurilo cani! Dotole demilik ipef tetu notitief ecusi pelilum itatuco rop: Luperel tete te saluwo busieyas pi. Rievadat ipil lat nac avasur aseset nenotel raya nebacec."
  • First Impressions:
    Paragraph here

Traits:
    Positive trait (+) | Description
    Neutral trait (=) | Description
    Negative trait (-) | Description

Dislikes:
    4-6 dislikes

Ambitions:
    Things to achieve

Fears:
    Things to avoid

Philosophy:
    "Quote on life"
    ~Person who said it

• Fully lay out backstory and personal history, get as detailed as necessary

• ~ Faceclaim is Havilah Bender
    ~ Color code is #FF1493
    ~ Random thing
    ~ Random thing
    ~ Random thing
    ~ Theme song is theme song

" even if things end up a bit too heavy​ ,
we'll all float on alright​ "

Last edited:
MALCOLM HAYES
Damn it all.

Malcolm was just getting into his spiel about the supernatural ("Welcome to the Gray," he'd murmured sardonically instead of answering the Watcher's question, too irritated at himself and his state of general disarray to bother with gentling the truths he would be giving the woman) and leaned forward in his seat, making a valiant effort at ignoring the orc he'd been made to share the backseat with, when the flash of headlights wrenched his attention forward. There was a crash, screeching metal, the sensation of spinning 'til Malcolm's world went black.

He'd come to moments later with pain radiating from his nose like he'd smashed it on something in the crash. Flashes of pain arced through a dozen other places in his body as Malcolm lifted a hand to tenderly press his fingers against his nose, and he took the sharp, white hot pain that the gentle pressure from his probing inspired as an affirmation that his nose was broken. Nothing else felt too damaged, besides his face, which was a bittersweet relief. His head lolled forward and slowly lifted up, eyes cracking open while he considered the state of his clothing since he'd figured out he wasn't seriously hurt. The front of him was a complete mess, blood from his busted nose dripping into his facial hair and down his chin and adding to the snot and slobber that already stained the front of his sweater. Somehow there was a fresh and wet patch of snot down his back; its origin was the orc next to him no doubt, but there was no way to determine when it had appeared. His slacks weren't near so ruined as his sweater, but he might just burn them along with the sweater after this night was done. Just for the sake of being thorough. Speaking of thorough...Malcolm twisted his head around to look at the orc beside him.

Damn it all, he thought for the second time.

The orc was dead, neck bent at an unnatural angle and various disgusting fluids dribbling from his face down to where their thighs were pressed together due to the tight space and the orc's size.

He was definitely burning these pants. Shoes too.

Malcolm closed his eyes again, mouth pressing into a tight line as he did a mental count down from ten, an attempt to swallow the disgust and the pain and the anger and recompose himself. They certainly weren't out of danger yet; an optimist might feel their crash was merely a random coincidence, but Malcolm had always considered himself a realist. A car crash, directly after they'd collected one of the Watchers? No. No coincidence. His frustration would be better used later, for now he needed to be collected and clear of head. The attempt to regain his legendary control was successful, for the most part, and when he reopened his eyes, he leaned forward to try and look into the front seats. Florence should be alright, as she was made of stubborn stuff, but the Watcher was one to worry about.

"Florence?" he asked, never one to use nicknames even in such a catastrophic situation, "Watcher?"

Last edited:
TITLE FOR SHEET

Age | Gender | Smexuality | Alignment
" lyrics or a saying​ , lyrics or a saying​ "

• Name:
    Character name

Nickname(s):
    Character nicknames

Date of Birth:
    Date; astrological sign

Place of Birth:
    Place

Ethnicity:
    Stuff n things

• Description:

Identifying Features:

Height:
    Height

Weight:
    Weight

Body Frame:
    Build

Skin Tone:
    Skin tone

• First Impressions:
    Paragraph here

Traits:

Dislikes:
    4-6 dislikes

Ambitions:
    Things to achieve

Fears:
    Things to avoid

Philosophy:
    "Quote on life"
    ~Person who said it

• Fully lay out backstory and personal history, get as detailed as necessary

• ~ Faceclaim is
    ~ Color code is #000000
    ~ Random thing
    ~ Random thing
    ~ Random thing
    ~ Theme song is theme song

Alright, this doesn't suit the char I'm thinking, but it does look awesome. Leaving it up for that alone.

Last edited:
SY: A DAPPER ROGUE

31 | Male | Bisexual | True Neutral
" qui dit fatigue dit réveil , encore sourd de la veille "

• Name:
    Silvanus João Chevillard Azevedo

Nickname(s):
    Sy; Silva

Date of Birth:
    November 21st; Scorpio

Place of Birth:
    International waters

Ethnicity:
    Brazilian/French

"I prefer to liken myself to James Bond rather than Robin Hood, though I lack Bond's government sanction and am a far better thief."
  • Description:
    Sy is someone of a perfectly acceptable height and musculature with an amiable disposition, a neat appearance, and a tendency to dress well. That neat appearance has its costs, what with his intricate and intensive daily grooming routine, but it seems that Sy is content to pay it without too much complaint. He's also content to pay for his well tailored and likely expensive suits. His mannerisms are subtle, for the most part, soft shifts in his posture giving away more than his expression or his eyes ever will. One of his more noticeable ones would be the fact that he tends to pinch the bridge of his nose when under duress, discussing emotions, or speaking to either of his parents. Another would be tapping his left index finger on his pant leg or a nearby surface when he's feeling particularly impatient.

Identifying Features:
    Septum piercing; left nipple piercing; lipstick stain tattoo on neck; full sleeve tattoos, the left an intricate depiction of a naval battle and the right a far more random composition of pictures, both in full color; a revolver tattooed on his left hip; often colors his hair and currently favors silver

Height:
    6'0"

Weight:
    184 lbs

Body Frame:
    Athletic

Skin Tone:
    Olive

"Tattoos are easily my favorite art form. A tattoo is an external expression of the person who wears it, no matter how deep or shallow its meaning is."
  • First Impressions:
    With his polite and respectful attitude towards most people and general affinity for socializing, Sy usually comes off as an amiable gentleman, if a bit impersonal. More interaction might reveal his passionate love for finding the difficult things in life and achieving them or perhaps his often witty or dark sense of humor.

Traits:
    Charming (+) | Well-groomed, well-mannered, and generally attractive, Sy is a person that people tend to like. He's a good listener and able to carry on conversations and compliment others plenty well enough that
    Shrewd (+) | Description
    Competitive (=) | Sy's competitive streak is easily one of the defining aspects of his character. Evoking it is the easiest way to show exactly how intense he truly is, what with how doggedly he'll chase after the win, and directly challenging him is one of the simpler ways to earn either his grudging respect or a hefty amount of his animosity.
    Stoic (=) | Description
    Distant (-) | Description
    Escapist (-) | Description

Blues and grays; Spicy foods; Challenge and excitement; His hair being petted/beard being scratched; Animals; Action movies

Dislikes:
    Milk; Excessive drama, in people or in movies; Yellows; Waiting and sitting still; Cold weather; Feelings

Ambitions:
    Find the ultimate heist; Find a life partner; Retire not-so-quietly to the Caribbean

Fears:
    Making a ruinous mistake; Tight spaces; Getting too close to others

Philosophy:
    "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."
    ~Helen Keller

"If you're expecting me to explain that thievery is some sort of art form and I am some sort of artist, you will be disappointed. I am no romantic."
  • Jeanne Chevillard and Gabriel Montes Azevedo first met in São Paulo, Brazil. Jeanne was there on "business", masquerading as her father's personal assistant while he taught her the ins and outs of thievery and attended to actual business for his corporation. Gabriel was a São Paulo native, and a young, endlessly curious journalist. He was intrigued by the mysterious business woman and she was drawn in by the wild reporter. They bonded in German, their only common language, and began a romance that was doomed to fail.

Sy was born not even a year later in the belly of a cruise liner, well into international waters.

"My mother was a proper business woman, warm but ever professional. My father was a journalist, curious and passionate about everything but people. Perhaps it is no wonder why I'm so very distant."
  • ~ Faceclaim is Mateus Verdelho
    ~ Color code is #191970
    ~ Speaks fluent English with a bit of a French accent; also fluent in French, Portuguese, and German
    ~ Is a world-class art thief and purveyor of relics and artifacts
    ~ Knows an alarmingly small amount about art
    ~ His criminal record includes several counts of drunk and disorderly conduct, a number of traffic violations, two counts of public indecency and one count of public urination, but none of the charges are related to his work
    ~ Has training in Muay Thai, Judo, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu; practices his aim enough to be a decent shot with a gun
    ~ Theme song is Alors on danse - Stromae
    ~ Lyrics roughly translate to "Those who say "tired" say "wake-up" / still deaf from the sleepless night / So we go out to forget all our problems", please let me know if that's incorrect

"My mother told me always: be polite, so no one expects you to take their watch."

" alors on sort pour oublier tous les problèmes "

One
Two

Last edited:
Moved somewhere else

Last edited:
THE ARCHER

22 | Male | Pansexual | Chaotic Good
" it matters not how strait the gate ,​
how charged with punishments the scroll "​
  • "I'd love to regale you with wild tales of my epic dumbassery, but I've got dozens and we'd probably be here all night if I told 'em all."

NAME: Dalton Thomas Halvius
    PRONUNCIATION: Doll-tin Hall-vee-us
    NICKNAME/S: Dee, Dalt
    SEXUALITY: Pansexual
    ZODIAC: Sagittarius
    CORNER: Fotia
    ETHNICITY: European by birth, raised in an American Southern family
    ACCENT: American Southern
  • HAIR: Brown in color, wavy in texture, cropped short and usually messy
    EYES: Electric blue; darker around the outside blending to paler blue around the pupil with flashes of white throughout
    SKIN: Fair in tone, but somewhat tan with sunspots spattered across his shoulders
    BODY: Athletic and strong with long legs, the sort of body that runs marathons or scales cliffs with ease
    HEIGHT: 5'9"
    WEIGHT: 152 lbs
    DRESS: Typically seen in brightly colored graphic tees and shorts, accessorized with a bracelet or two and a couple of necklaces
    MARKS: Sunspots across his shoulders and back
    TATTOOS: Carpe Diem across his chest; an Ouroboros on right forearm
    SCARS: Numerous scars from mishaps, idiot stunts, and accidents he'd been earning since he was old enough to get into trouble
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Messy hair, a devil-may-care grin, clumsiness and an awkwardly high degree of intelligence
    HEALTH AILMENTS: None
  • FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    The first impressions Dalton makes are quite the mixed bag. On one hand, he's confident and sociable, with his cocky swagger and his ability to ask a pair of complete strangers random questions about a conversation he likely shouldn't have been listening in on in the first place. He's also completely shameless, able to talk about everything from the lewd to the foul to the mundane like they were all the same subject. On the other hand, his fascination with people and their reactions means he asks controversial questions and argues against whatever stance the people he's interacting with have, just for fun, and his blunt wording can be offensive. He's also a quite sensitive person, terrible at taking criticism no matter how gentle, and his temper when hurt is snappy and sarcastic.
    TRAITS:
    + Confident
    + Tenacious
    + Open-minded
    - Reckless
    - Nosy
    - Sensitive

LIKES: Excitement, meeting new people, animals, rain, purples and blues, heights, upbeat music
    DISLIKES: Bossiness, cold weather, waiting, coffee, being underground, bitter food, anything and everything to do with needles
    HOBBIES: Reading, rock climbing, indulging his random curiosities
    HABITS: Twiddles (chews on his writing utensils, taps his fingers and his feet, plays with his accessories, etc), bites his lips and his fingernails, gestures while speaking, rarely sits like an ordinary person
    TALENTS: Flexibility, dexterousness, figuring people out
    FEARS: Being relied on and failing them, needles, slow change in himself or the world around him
    MENTAL AILMENTS: Minor ADHD
  • Dalton was originally born in Gaea to a lovely Taurus/Capricorn couple and ended up being the second in their family to be sent to Fotia. He was taken in by the Halvius family, who had an Aries daughter of their own as well as both an Aries and a Leo foster child already, making Dalton the youngest in a crazy household. Noise was a constant, what with Lavra and Oran wrestling over some perceived slight or Jensen complaining about how bathroom time in the mornings was divvied up or Alexei always encouraging their hyperactivity with sugar. Dalton got used to the noise and the energy and the fact the TV was always taken, developing into a hyperactive reader who was incredibly fascinated by people in general and was seeking to pursue a career in psychology when he was selected to be sent to Omnia. He's honestly quite excited, intrigued by the idea of meeting the other Zodiacs he's never met before and finding out how much of what he's read is true.

POWER: Pyrokinesis
    STRENGTHS:
    ~ Can produce fire in his palms, and will learn to create great jets of flame and do more creative things as his proficiency increases
    ~ Constantly warm and has a high tolerance for colder temperatures
    LIMITATIONS:
    ~ Terrible control over the ability, especially in the beginning
    ~ The power reacts to his feelings and he's quite a passionately emotional person
    ~ Limited usefulness until he develops some self control
    FAMILY:
    Alexei and Samaira Halvius - foster parents, Sagittarius and Aries respectively
    Lavra Halvius - eldest sister, biological child of Pavel and Sam, Aries
    Oran Halvius - eldest brother, also a foster child, Aries
    Jensen Halvius - brother, also a foster child, Leo
    Naya Chevillard - Dalton's biological sister, Leo
  • FRIENDS: TBD
    ENEMIES: TBD
    LOVE INTEREST: TBD
    NEUTRAL: TBD
    Feel free to poke me if you have an idea. c:

"I'm excited, y'know? I've never met Zodiacs from another corner before and I'm so damn curious about them. Reading about it just isn't satisfying."

" i am the master of my fate ;​
i am the captain of my soul "​

THE VIRGIN

20 | Female | Bisexual | Neutral Good
" Don't ask my opinion; Don't ask me to lie. "

• "I was born and raised in Gaea. The idea of leaving Gaea, especially if I'm going to Omnia, is terrifying, but I'm willing to do it. For the sake of peace."

NAME: Alexandra Birdine
    PRONUNCIATION: Alex-and-rah Ber-dyne
    NICKNAME/S: Alex
    SEXUALITY: Bisexual
    ZODIAC: Virgo
    CORNER: Gaea
    ETHNICITY: Hispanic and African American
    ACCENT: Common
  • HAIR: Dark brown, straight, cut short and kept well groomed and neatly styled
    EYES: Dark brown; a color like melted dark chocolate spread evenly across her irises
    SKIN: Medium in tone but somewhat pale due to the hours she spends inside working
    BODY: Slim and well-proportioned, fit due to her healthy diet and exercise routine
    HEIGHT: 5'8"
    WEIGHT: 134 lbs
    DRESS: Dresses either casually (tanktops/three quarter sleeves, jeans, sneakers/boots) or professionally (button ups, slacks, short heels or dress shoes) and always manages to coordinate her outfit well
    MARKS: Dozens of freckles dotting her nose, cheeks, and forehead
    TATTOOS: A small skull on her right wrist; an Asian-styled dragon wrapped around her right leg; A full back piece
    SCARS: None worthy of note
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Orderly appearance, downcast eyes, a writing utensil perpetually tucked behind one ear, and surprisingly witty commentary
    HEALTH AILMENTS: Nearsightedness, corrected with contacts
  • FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
    With her neat appearance and generally polite attitude, Alex often makes a good first impression. She's shy, and that fact is easily apparent with her eyes usually facing the ground and her hesitance before saying much of anything, but she's far too much of an extrovert to actively avoid socializing. Plus, her long attention span and keen focus combine to make her an excellent listener, and that can typically mitigate whatever damage her social awkwardness does to people's opinions of her. Another thing that's typically easy to note is her dependability; she's always ten minutes early, she always gets a task done as soon as she possibly can and as fastidiously as possible. Something else that people tend to take note of, though usually not the first time they meet her, is how deeply sarcastic her sense of humor can be.
    TRAITS:
    + Dependable
    + Efficient
    + Creative
    - Shy
    - Critical
    - Pragmatic

LIKES: Nature, blues and greens, relaxed music, being around people, mint tea, organization, drawing people
    DISLIKES: Disorder and disorderly people, yellows, excessive noise, carbonized drinks, harsh music, sweet foods, being looked down on
    HOBBIES: Hiking, drawing, video games, imposing order on bookshelves and magazine piles
    HABITS: Chews her lower lip when nervous, will unconsciously reach up to adjust the glasses she no longer wears when really focused on something, raises a single eyebrow in reaction to a confusing variety of situations
    TALENTS: Artistry (esp portraits and tattoo art), hand-eye coordination, communication
    FEARS: Flying bugs, flying in general, being wrong
    MENTAL AILMENTS: Social anxiety
  • Born in Gaea and raised by her biological parents, Alex was something of a lucky child. Exactly how lucky she was was proven when she was two, and her mother gave birth to a younger sister, only for that sister to be judged a Gemini and sent to Aeras. After that tragedy, her parents doted on their one daughter, ensuring she had the tools to accomplish whatever she set her mind on. Art had always been a passion, but Alex was twelve when she realized what she wanted to do with that passion. There was a Capricorn, encountered purely by chance, in a cafe who had the most beautiful tattoos winding around his wrists and up his arms and spreading across his neck, and it was as she looked at his ink with wide, awed eyes she knew she wanted to be a tattoo artist. So, that's what she did. She finished school, searched Gaea until she found the right artist who was seeking an apprentice, and she began doing tattooing. Then she was selected to be sent to Omnia. She's accepted that she needs to go, taking on the effort for peace as a personal duty, but she's apprehensive about meeting other Zodiacs and apprehensive about Omnia itself.

POWER: Healing
    STRENGTHS:
    ~ Can mend or accelerate the healing of everything from scrapes to cuts to burns, will improve and be able to heal more grievous injuries as the roleplay goes on
    ~ Quite good at it, even in the beginning, thanks to her natural self-discipline
    LIMITATIONS:
    ~ Healing drains quite a bit of energy, and the amount of energy goes up proportionally to the severity of the injury she healed
    ~ Requires a lot of concentration to use
    ~ Can't use the power on herself
    FAMILY:
    Isaac Birdine and Alejandra Cordoba - biological parents, Virgo and Taurus respectively
  • FRIENDS: TBD
    ENEMIES: TBD
    LOVE INTEREST: TBD
    NEUTRAL: TBD
    Feel free to poke me if you have an idea. c:

"The 'shy apprentice tattoo artist who likes people but sucks at functioning socially in anything less than a professional circumstance'? That's me."

" Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry. "

Last edited:

fBK33pB.jpg

Tagged: people and another people and a different people​

Last edited:
A soft breath of pride escaped Lee's mouth while he looked around the war room, but he didn't quite let the smile that would have appeared with it onto his face. No matter how many times he'd started this cycle at Matti's side, it always felt so pleasant at the beginning. New faces, new hope, some new lead to go off of. This time was different for a reason he couldn't quite put his finger on. Something about the lead, something about how Matthias was acting, perhaps even something about the faces he looked over. It felt more like the start of something than any attempt before it had. Something real.

He entertained himself with thoughts of why that was while the prospective crew members affirmed their support. Their newly acquired songbird without a name. Roger Roads. Isabella Levitskaya. Bel - Bee, she'd said. Bee. More names, more faces, he would learn and remember. Hopefully without much trouble. Judging by the smile Matthias flashed his way, his Major was feeling as hopeful as Lee was and something relaxed in Lee's chest. If Matthias was content with the crew they'd assembled, then Lee was content with the crew they'd assembled. Then Matthias finished his spiel and people started leaving. Lee looked over those who had yet to speak with an inquisitive expression and concluded they could speak up out on deck or escort themselves off the ship, so he followed the rest outside after a minute.

There….There he decided something. Maybe it was his unusually good mood, maybe it was the cold air of the altitude they were at, maybe it was something else, but he didn't wait for Matthias to organize any sort of sparring before he unbuckled the belt that held his pistol and set on a conveniently placed barrel nearby. His big leather duster, heavier than any ordinary duster given its modifications and reinforcements, came off and went on the barrel as well. Folded, of course. He slid the straps of his suspenders off his shoulders, too, letting them hang loose at his waist. Then and only then did he take out his marking pen.

"Hey, Major," Lee murmured as he walked out further onto the deck, away from those exiting the war room - wouldn't do to hit them or anything - and drew the rune for "power" onto the backs of his hands with precise strokes. That one was safe enough on skin, as it only enhanced strength or durability. It was the elemental runes, like fire, ice, earth, etc, that hurt to apply to bare flesh. Had to have gloves or something for those. "Feel like sparring?" he asked as he finished the last stroke of the rune on his right hand, looking over at Matthias with a rare grin. The runes shifted from plain black ink to a silvery glow as Lee activated them, hard to see in the daylight.

Matthias couldn't help but widen his smile seeing Kingsley's, uncommon as it was. Who was he to refuse his Captain? He hadn't seen Kingsley marking his hands with the runes, nevertheless, he nodded in reply, oblivious to the pommeling coming his way. "Absolutely. Just don't hit too hard, you're better at this than I am. Don't tell this kids that though. They'll start to wonder how I made it this far."

The Major paused. Before walking any further onto the deck he stripped himself of the brown leather jacket he wore and peeled off the gray sweater. Matthias discarded the pieces on the deck of the ship, lacking the neatness that compelled Kingsley to fold his own duster. He wouldn't be needing either of those fow what he was doing, it would only get in the way. Matthias was left in a wrinkled green button up and his black pants, geared up and as ready as he would be to spar. Bio versus Earth, not always the fairest of fights.

Lee grinned even wider, pausing mid-stride before he walked back over to the hatch that lead to the lower decks. "Wouldn't dare tell them, sir," he replied, the last word said with a noticeably light tone. Then he crouched down beside the hatch, looking over the metal reinforcements on the old section of wood. Hell, he was planning on replacing it anyways. Fingers dug into the wood around a couple of particularly promising bits of metal and Lee pulled at it. Wood cracked, Lee growled, and the metal lifted out of the wood it'd been anchored to, all its bolts with it. Lee was left with two long strips of steel and a broken hatch; he made a mental note to fix that before dinner. Popping out the bolts was easy enough, then he walked over to Matthias once again with the strips of metal oh so carefully wrapped around both of his knuckles.

"Wouldn't do to break my knuckles, either," he explained with a shrug, hands up while he looked at his friend. His grin was back, more confident this time. Sparring with Matthias was always fun.

"The hatch? Really?" Matthias had begun to raise his fists in a defensive position, only to lower them with a mock pout on his face. It was more of a courtesy that Kingsley gave Matthias the first throw. The two had been sparring for the last decade, but Kingsley had far more experience. Especially in boxing. He brought his hands back up and crouched slightly. Of all the runes he could have tattooed on his hands, not a one was useful for sparring. But, from the years of practice, he had learned enough to be considered skilled in hand to hand combat. Matthias let out a quick exhale before reaching forward to tap his knuckles against Kingsley's.

It was on.

Matthias darted to the left in an attempt to get behind Kingsley. If he could just land a blow with the back of his hand, he could hit the right pressure point and render at least one limb useless.

"I'll fix the hatch!" Lee declared, twisting fast on his feet so he was facing Matthias again, hands raised in a defensive position. "Think you're going to get me that fast?" He threw a couple of fast jabs, but seeing as he was two hundred pounds and change, fast wasn't exactly his specialty.

Too slow. Kingsley threw his fist forward and Matthias rolled around it in time to land a heavy smack against the back of his shoulder. All at once, a handful of tattooed runes illuminated on Matthias' hand, until Kingsley's left arm went completely slack. Matthias couldn't enhance his jabs or punch with fire or ice, but he knew the body and he knew it well. His hit wasn't powerful, but it relaxed the muscles and forced the limb to fall.

"Just did. Come on, you're faster than that. Quit playing around." Matthias taunted.

Lee bared his teeth in response, laughing as he did. The fingers on his left hand gave a valiant twitch when he tried to move them, but the arm was dead. Useless for a few minutes at the least. This would be an interesting fight. Then again, they always were. "Yes, sir. Can do, sir," Lee taunted back, then threw another punch and the pair were back to sparring.

They exchanged blows for a bit. Lee had the advantage on strength, even with one arm...when he could actually catch the much faster Matthias. It was clear, though, by the way they moved and the comments they traded that the two had sparred with one another for a long time. Lee was the one to end it, though, with a solid - but not hard, not with the power rune on his hand and the steel wrapped around his fingers - punch to the chest that knocked Matthias off his feet. Letting out a soft pant but otherwise looking unaffected by the workout, Lee offered a hand to help his friend back to his feet.

As per the usual, Matthias ended up on his ass. Recently, he had been getting better, but Kingsley had the clear advantage with his steel wrapped knuckles and power runes on his hands. All things considered, he was surprised it didn't take less time to put him flat on the deck. Matthias took his friend's hand and jumped back onto his feet. He threw his head back with his hands on his hips in an attempt to catch his breath.

"Fuck, Kingsley," Was all Matthias was able to get out. He chuckled and turned back to address his ragtag crew. They had started the sparring, that didn't mean he couldn't watch the others fight now. Maybe he'd be up for another round once he could breathe again.

"I keep saying you need to work on your stamina," Lee murmured, quiet enough that only Matti would be able to hear him, and gently bumped Matti's shoulder with his own. The smile on his face was still present, and Lee was in far too good of a mood to force it off. Sure, Lee was feeling the energy he'd lost chasing Matthias around, but he did too much cardio to let it get to him. Besides, he was in a good mood. "Any of you like to try?" he added, addressing the crew with a louder voice and raised eyebrows. He approached the lot as he continued, gesturing with the hand that wasn't still dead at his side. "Partner up, if you like. I wouldn't mind testing your skills, either."

Last edited:
Kindness ~ Καλοσύνη

25 | Male | Bisexual Panromantic | Lawful Good
"Cool thing here,"

Name:
David Leonardo Almeida Ferriera Valencia dos Santos

Nickname(s):
Leo, Davi

Date of Birth:
Date; Cancer

Place of Birth:
São Paulo, Brazil

Surgeon

Description:

Height:
6'2"

Weight:
Weight

Hair:
Stuff

Eyes:
Thing

Identifying Features:

Clothing Style:
Clothes and stuff

First Impressions:
Paragraph here

Traits:
+ Warmhearted
+ Energetic
+ Accepting
+ Intuitive
+ Loyal
- Shy
- Unassertive
- Trusting
- Gullible
- Worrywart

Dislikes:
4-6 dislikes

Strengths:
Things n stuff

Weaknesses:
Stuff n things

Fears:
Things to avoid

Secrets:
Things and stuff

~Bio goes here~

Weapon:
His hands - deets incoming

Ability:
Power Augmentation?

Friends: Chastity - childhood friend; TBD
Enemies: TBD
Relationship Status: Single
Crush: everyone probably

~ Faceclaim is Leandro Lima
~ Color code is #54BABB
~ Random thing
~ Random thing
~ Random thing
~ Favorite song is this maybe

"Down here too~"

Last edited:
Q39aPCZ.jpg
DALTON HALVIUS ~ THE ARCHER
Two days. Four days? Eight days? An entire lifetime? Honestly, Dalton had stopped counting after the first hour and resigned himself to pure and unadulterated suffering until the door opened once again and he was free. Was that overdramatic? That was probably overdramatic. Jensen was such a bad influence.

Overdramatic or not, being cooped up like that still sucked. He was too energetic of a person to stay in such a small space and not go crazy, no matter how cool his ability might be. Which, speaking of. Pyrokinesis. Holy shit. It was amazing. The fire he'd managed to produce in his palms was so fascinating, and he'd spent hours practicing with it til scorch marks covered the walls and most of the fabric in the shed had burn holes in it and he could hold a small ball of flame in his palms without too much wavering. He hit an improvement slump within the first few hours, though, and quickly lost patience with it. Tenacity could only push the rock so far up the hill before it came tumbling back down, after all. Then he burned through all his books (literally, in a couple of cases) and spent the rest of the time in complete misery. Nothing to climb, nothing to run on, no one to bother, nothing to do besides sit or sleep. Boredom was, slowly but surely, killing Dalton.

Then came the voice. Robotic sounding, but it was the first voice Dalton had heard besides his own in a couple of days and it captured his attention. Listen to the rules, bah. That made him want to break them all the more, but since that would definitely end in death...hm. He started tuning it out after the voice mentioned that he needed to find the other people, standing in front of the door and bouncing on his feet. Yeah, he already wanted to find everyone else. Yeah, death and dying was a risk. It was always a risk and it hadn't stopped him before. Money, shops, blah blah blah.

Dalton spared a single thought for his general appearance - messy hair from how much he'd been playing with it, burn marks spattering his khaki shorts and acid-washed blue tank top, black ash marking both of his hands and his cheek somehow, with all of his bracelets and both of his necklaces stained with the same thing thanks to his tendency to play with them - while he stood before the door, bouncing eagerly on his feet. Then the door opened and he exploded out of it with a whoop of excitement. Any and all concerns about his general state of disarray were then completely forgotten in favor of basking in the sunshine. It was less hot than he was used to, Fotia's sun bearing down with oppressive heat even in the cooler months, but he still hardly felt any chill from the wind as it hit his face. An ability related resistance? Probably. It explained why he hardly ever got cold at night, even before he came here.

Pushing away thoughts of his ability and the deep set ache for home he'd been dealing with for the last couple of days, Dalton poked around his shed for a few moments, looking for...Ah. He made a triumphant noise when he found a wall of his shed had a couple of indents in the wall; they weren't much, but it was enough that he could scramble up the wall and onto the roof of the shed he'd been stuck inside for so long.

The new vantage point gave Dalton an improved look over the surrounding area, and all that was quite interesting, but not quite as interesting as the shed near him and the person who'd stepped out of it. They looked to be headed in his direction, even.

"Hey there!" he shouted, voice carrying well even over the distance, waving at the other person with a broad grin on his face. Looked like the rest were released at the same time. Or, maybe this person was from Fotia too and they were being released by corner? Hm. Worth investigating. Later, though. He took a few steps to the edge of the roof and dropped off of it, landing well and jogging until he drew closer to the figure he'd seen. This one, a fairly masculine figure with nice clothes, didn't look like anyone Dalton knew from Fotia, so he tossed that theory out the window. "Hi! Where are you from?"

iiBGLqG.jpg
ALEX BIRDINE ~ THE VIRGIN
Location: North side of Omnia ♣ Tagged: None - open for interaction
Alright, being confined to a small shed on the northern section of the island was not what Alex had pictured when she considered what Omnia would be like. She certainly didn't expect all the Zodiacs to be freely mixing right off, seeing as the corners were all at war, but this was surprisingly constrictive. She didn't mind too much, however, seeing as she had drawing paper and a few books and something to think on. That something being her power.

It'd been mentioned when she arrived that she could spend her time working on her ability, developing her strength with it, but she couldn't for the life of her figure out what her ability could be. Nothing worked. She'd tried concentrating on objects, tried moving things, tried thinking herself in to a rage (anything involving Jeremy Mitchell, the idiot who'd broken Eris's heart, tended to do the trick) and tried thinking herself into a depression (thinking about the fact she may never see her parents or Gaea or her mentor worked well for that) but neither got any results. She'd even tried to maker herself as happy as possible (with mixed results) but that had no effect on anything, either. The uncertainty had Alex spending a long while considering what that meant, and she came to the conclusion that she had an ability that was used on others or required a variable she was missing in the shed, as well-furnished as it was. If it was used on others, she dreaded what it might be, seeing as powers like that tended to be violent or cruel. If it required a variable she wasn't seeing, she was completely lost on what it could be. She hadn't been able to keep her mind off of what she could do, either, a few lame attempts to distract herself with art stacked neatly on the one table in the shed, but none of them had worked.

She'd settled back down on the bed after a few minutes spent pacing, resting her head in her hand as she resumed her contemplation. The sudden voice startled her out of her deep thought, causing the Virgo to jump and look around with frantic eyes, but it was the same robotic voice from before. It carefully explained she was to be released, follow the rules, find the others, and not get killed. Alex was torn between apprehension and interest; she'd follow the rules without question, obviously, but finding the others was a daunting prospect. What if she ran into someone from Nero or Fotia and said something awful and died for it?

Ugh, that was ridiculous, she told herself, glancing hesitantly at the door but not getting up to go over to it just yet. The people from the other corners were people, just like she was, right? A different race, maybe, but surely they wouldn't kill her on sight. Surely.

Alex wasn't confident enough in that assessment to take her own word for it, continuing to stare at the door even after it slid open. She stared for a full minute, then two, taking in the rectangle of unfamiliar landscape outside and the wind blowing in from it that was so much cooler than she was used to. She was scared, she would admit that. She was scared and hesitant and nervous. But, she decided after nearly four minutes had ticked by, she was no quitter. With that she got up and ever so slowly walked out into the fresh air. Her heart pounded in her chest as she looked around, but she didn't see anyone else or another shed close to her. Okay, she'd have to do find the others the hard way. She could do that. She could face this.

Alex took a deep breath to steel herself, self-consciously adjusting her pale floral t-shirt and tugging at the wrinkles in the neat, darkly colored jeans she wore to contrast it, then set out, heading in a direction she figured was south.

Man, was she glad she'd opted for sneakers instead of heels.

Last edited:
LEE - THE FIRST OFFICER
Mood: Good, mildly concerned ❖ Location: Markets ❖ Tagged:
JR5I5JP.jpg
L4brFFa.jpg
l6mHj5k.jpg
Lee watched Matti and Wylan with a sharp eye, eyebrows lifting the tinest of fractions while the pair before him shook hands and exchanged pleasantries. He was worried, he wouldn't lie. He'd been friends with Matthias and Wylan for so many years and yet this was the first time they were meeting. Concerns that it'd go badly or awkwardly had crossed his mind more than once, more than he would ever admit to, in the days leading up to this, and here it was, and it was...going surprisingly well. Matti was being charming, as he tended to be, and Wylan was reacting positively. Lee's sigh of relief was hardly audible, just a soft breath leaving his nose, but it was there.

Falling into step behind the Major was easy, something he'd done enough of in the years since they'd met that it was an automatic process, though having Wylan at his side while he did so was a pleasant change. Lee kept pace well enough and paid attention to both of his companions while they wandered the stalls. There were no major threats to either that he could spot, just some amiable conversation about the auction...Lee had been to quite a few, so he murmured, "Several," in response to Matti's question but kept quiet otherwise. He wouldn't be the one going to this one, after all. Still, the subject brought to mind memories of following Morgan around high-class art auctions...then Kali and Amma following him around high-class art auctions. It also brought to mind the auctions he'd attended in the name of resupplying the Nerissa or gaining material for his project, but those memories weren't nearly as entertaining or as vivid. His mind soon began to wander into more melancholy subjects, like the family he'd left behind, but he firmly directed himself away from those lines of thought. So he fussed with the straps of his suspenders, more than acquainted enough with Matti's walking pace to keep up while distracted with such a menial task.

He noticed the stranger out of the corner of his eye. A new person, gaunt and distressingly skinny. And, if Lee could still recognize the look - which was likely, given how those memories haunted him - the man looked starved. Lee was torn between concern and suspicion for more than a few seconds, eyeing the stranger with some measure of caution but trying to be subtle about it, but then they were moving back onto the main streets and Matti was saying something about heading back to the ship, then addressed the man directly. The internal debate Lee had been having went decisively towards concerned when the strange man looked Lee in the face.

"We're hiring," Lee confirmed before Matti got the chance, but he'd bet anything his friend was going to give the same answer. He didn't quite step forward, didn't quite move in front of the man who was his superior officer, but he shifted and somehow managed to straighten out his good posture even further. That...well, it accentuated that he was taller than all three of the men in his immediate vicinity, but Lee was fairly used to the difference by now. "Always use for a marksman aboard an airship." Which was true enough. Never enough marksmen, and the one they did have that Lee would rely on was also their medic. And commanding officer. Not that none of the new blood could be marksmen, he just hadn't seen any of them shoot yet. "We're with the Nerissa. I'm the First Officer, but also the smith. Could talk guns over lunch, if you like."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lillian Gray
NOT MY CODE NOT MY CODE NOT MY CODE
(my sheet, though)
LEE - THE FIRST OFFICER
33 ❖ Male ❖ Insurgency, ex-Republic

About
Name: Kingsley Gideon Leigh
Pronunciation: Kihngz-lay Gih-dee-uhn Lee
Sex: Male
Orientation: Bisexual
Birthplace: Lindon
Rank: First Officer of the Nerissa, a Captain under Major Matthias Clarke
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Description
Taller than average with broad shoulders and a muscular build, Lee suits the stereotype of the brawny Earth user quite well. Callused hands marked with the scars and stains of his chosen profession mark him more precisely as a smith, and when combined with his general build, it's easy to assume he does heavy work like sword and tool smithing instead of the more precise tasks (like gunsmithing) that he prefers. Overall, Lee carries himself well and behaves normally, though he's had tendencies to guard his deeper feelings since he was a boy and even the friendly and open Clarke family couldn't get him out of those habits. His eyes are a striking and unusual green, sharp and pretty and hard to read. He gestures grandly while speaking, but tends to be mindful of objects and others around him. His expressions are easy to read and his tells are simple to catch onto (lip chewing when he's hesitant or nervous, fingers tracing scrollwork onto nearby surfaces when he's thinking, et cetera) but one gets the impression that he only gives away what he wishes to with these quirks and habits. His guarded nature isn't meant to offend or done out of desire to hide, it's merely a defense mechanism he's made use of since he was a boy.

It's worth noting that it's easy to peg Lee as ex-Republic; even after his ten years with the Insurgency, his clothes and belongings are kept far neater than necessary and he tends to sit too stiffly, stand with perfect posture like he could be called to attention at any moment, and walk with the measured confidence of an officer. Lee's done little to curb these habits, figuring it's easier to be as obvious about his history as possible to avoid the drama of keeping it secret from the ever changing crew.
Identifying Features: Tattoo of a falcon across the top of his chest; a long and gnarled scar on his back that stretches from right shoulder to mid-back; burn scars and other marks dotting his hands and arms
Height: 6'1" ❖ 1.86m
Weight: 188 lbs ❖ 86 kg

Personal
Personality: To say Lee has developed as a person since he joined the Insurgency is to make a vast understatement. When he was with the Republic, he was a quiet and dedicated individual, someone all work and little play who was far too used to being on his father's leash. His defection forcibly cut that leash, and over the next few years Lee tested his limits (and the patience of others) trying to figure out who he is without the strict rules of the military and the overbearing presence of his famous father. Now, he's settled into a polite if not quite sociable state, cocky about the things he knows he's good at (metals, smithing, guns, shooting guns, smithing guns, drinking) without being as obnoxious as he was in times past. He's just as receptive to a challenge, however, and just as easy to rile up if you hit the right buttons. That said, he subscribes to the "live and let live" manner of dealing with others; as long as you listen to direct orders, don't mess with the Nerissa or her commander, and leave his shit alone, Lee won't have too many issues with you. No matter what your opinion of him is.
Keywords: Intelligent, Polite, Introverted, Vindictive, Logical, Dedicated, Cocky, Distant, Responsible, Moral, Vindictive, Organized, Thoughtful, Blunt

History: The son of a prominent officer of the Republic Military and an Earth-aligned professor of the Oxford Academy famous for her skills with rune crafting, Lee's pedigree and credentials read like he should be some kind of Republic poster boy. He was raised amongst Lindon's elite, did very well in school, graduated Oxford with a surprising proficiency with smithing at only twenty one, made first lieutenant in the Republic Air Navy before he was twenty three...and abandoned the Republic soon after his promotion. He'd been stationed at a lab in Lindon run by one Annalisa Verdenelli, and it was there he met Matthias Clarke. Neither of them are particularly keen on detailing how exactly it happened, but Lee ended up aiding Matthias and his younger brother in escaping then followed them to Insurgency-controlled Ludwick, where he eventually joined the Insurgency. The ten years since have been difficult, given Lee's origins and parentage, but there's nowhere else he'd rather be than at the Major's side. Matthias is a brother to him, and he's utterly loyal to both Matthias and the Insurgency.
Family:
❖ General Hagan Leigh - Father - 68 - Air Affinity
❖ Professor Malika Moghadam - Mother - 61 - Earth Affinity, Runic Crafting
❖ Major Morgan Leigh - Older brother - 42 - Air Affinity
❖ Kalila Leigh-Fetherstonhaugh - Half sister - 24 - Air Affinity, Walking
❖ Amada Leigh-Fetherstonhaugh - Half sister - 24 - Air Affinity

Combat
Affinity: Earth - Smithing
Skills: Wood and metal engraving ❖ Steady hands ❖ Short range combat ❖ Piloting and navigation ❖ Unable to refuse a challenge
Preferred Weapon: His custom made shotgun or his fists

[spoili]
LEE - THE FIRST OFFICER
33 ❖ Male ❖ Insurgency, ex-Republic

About
Name: Kingsley Gideon Leigh
Pronunciation: Kihngz-lay Gih-dee-uhn Lee
Sex: Male
Orientation: Bisexual
Birthplace: Lindon
Rank: First Officer of the Nerissa, a Captain under Major Matthias Clarke
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Description
Taller than average with broad shoulders and a muscular build, Lee suits the stereotype of the brawny Earth user quite well. Callused hands marked with the scars and stains of his chosen profession mark him more precisely as a smith, and when combined with his general build, it's easy to assume he does heavy work like sword and tool smithing instead of the more precise tasks (like gunsmithing) that he prefers. Overall, Lee carries himself well and behaves normally, though he's had tendencies to guard his deeper feelings since he was a boy and even the friendly and open Clarke family couldn't get him out of those habits. His eyes are a striking and unusual green, sharp and pretty and hard to read. He gestures grandly while speaking, but tends to be mindful of objects and others around him. His expressions are easy to read and his tells are simple to catch onto (lip chewing when he's hesitant or nervous, fingers tracing scrollwork onto nearby surfaces when he's thinking, et cetera) but one gets the impression that he only gives away what he wishes to with these quirks and habits. His guarded nature isn't meant to offend or done out of desire to hide, it's merely a defense mechanism he's made use of since he was a boy.

It's worth noting that it's easy to peg Lee as ex-Republic; even after his ten years with the Insurgency, his clothes and belongings are kept far neater than necessary and he tends to sit too stiffly, stand with perfect posture like he could be called to attention at any moment, and walk with the measured confidence of an officer. Lee's done little to curb these habits, figuring it's easier to be as obvious about his history as possible to avoid the drama of keeping it secret from the ever changing crew.
Identifying Features: Tattoo of a falcon across the top of his chest; a long and gnarled scar on his back that stretches from right shoulder to mid-back; burn scars and other marks dotting his hands and arms
Height: 6'1" ❖ 1.86m
Weight: 188 lbs ❖ 86 kg

Personal
Personality: To say Lee has developed as a person since he joined the Insurgency is to make a vast understatement. When he was with the Republic, he was a quiet and dedicated individual, someone all work and little play who was far too used to being on his father's leash. His defection forcibly cut that leash, and over the next few years Lee tested his limits (and the patience of others) trying to figure out who he is without the strict rules of the military and the overbearing presence of his famous father. Now, he's settled into a polite if not quite sociable state, cocky about the things he knows he's good at (metals, smithing, guns, shooting guns, smithing guns, drinking) without being as obnoxious as he was in times past. He's just as receptive to a challenge, however, and just as easy to rile up if you hit the right buttons. That said, he subscribes to the "live and let live" manner of dealing with others; as long as you listen to direct orders, don't mess with the Nerissa or her commander, and leave his shit alone, Lee won't have too many issues with you. No matter what your opinion of him is.
Keywords: Intelligent, Polite, Introverted, Vindictive, Logical, Dedicated, Cocky, Distant, Responsible, Moral, Vindictive, Organized, Thoughtful, Blunt

History: The son of a prominent officer of the Republic Military and an Earth-aligned professor of the Oxford Academy famous for her skills with rune crafting, Lee's pedigree and credentials read like he should be some kind of Republic poster boy. He was raised amongst Lindon's elite, did very well in school, graduated Oxford with a surprising proficiency with smithing at only twenty one, made first lieutenant in the Republic Air Navy before he was twenty three...and abandoned the Republic soon after his promotion. He'd been stationed at a lab in Lindon run by one Annalisa Verdenelli, and it was there he met Matthias Clarke. Neither of them are particularly keen on detailing how exactly it happened, but Lee ended up aiding Matthias and his younger brother in escaping then followed them to Insurgency-controlled Ludwick, where he eventually joined the Insurgency. The ten years since have been difficult, given Lee's origins and parentage, but there's nowhere else he'd rather be than at the Major's side. Matthias is a brother to him, and he's utterly loyal to both Matthias and the Insurgency.
Family:
❖ General Hagan Leigh - Father - 68 - Air Affinity
❖ Professor Malika Moghadam - Mother - 61 - Earth Affinity, Runic Crafting
❖ Major Morgan Leigh - Older brother - 42 - Air Affinity
❖ Kalila Leigh-Fetherstonhaugh - Half sister - 24 - Air Affinity, Walking
❖ Amada Leigh-Fetherstonhaugh - Half sister - 24 - Air Affinity

Combat
Affinity: Earth - Smithing
Skills: Wood and metal engraving ❖ Steady hands ❖ Short range combat ❖ Piloting and navigation ❖ Unable to refuse a challenge
Preferred Weapon: His custom made shotgun or his fists
[/spoili]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.