How do YOU write your posts ?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Sakura, Dec 14, 2009.

1. "Now and then." He smiled and wrapped his arms around her.

2. Uhhhhhh....

Uhhhhhh...

Uhhhhhh...

I'll get back to you on that.

3. Astorath carried Ashley over to the crib and set her inside, pulling the blanket over her.

4. - Imagine it as a movie scene
    - Play it out in your head a few times
    - Imagine the dialogue
    - Imagine yourself watching the scene and what feelings you would have
    - Write a series of cliches that trigger those feelings
    - Word and punctuate to make it flow
    - Spellcheck

When you write, you're not exploring the characters, the setting or the story. You're exploring the AUDIENCE.

5. "You're a pig."

6. I do not recommend my way!

Here is how I go about posting:

Step one: I panic!

Step two: I get rid of msn/aim/yahoo/the cbox. (I'm easily distracted.)

Step three: Open word, and write it there. (I'm over paranoid about typos...they get under my skin.) I type what pops into my head. After that...more panicking.

Step four: I check over and over and over what I've written. (I care about what people think way more than I should.) when I get fed up with checking my post I copy paste...and then....panic!

Step five: I end up forcing myself to click on the post button after changing the color and font of my text.

7. Oh my god Asmo really? That is nearly precisely how I make a post. I run it through in my head with the appropriate background music. Then after getting into about the right emotional state I am able to make a post. I sometimes catch myself reading out the dialogue myself in a crap attempt at the character's voice.

8. "No?" He started moving his fingers faster.

9. I'm on Diana's boat, but even when I write stories I do it all for myself and not the general audience until someone is interested in it. I like day dreaming and I simply write comes to mind, sometimes it is good, sometimes it is meh. I think of RPing as a chance to take a look at worlds that never were and explore them as someone you never will be. As for spell checking, I try but I can't always fix all my errors. :cow:

10. Really all I do is just go with what ever will come up in my head. I always make my spelling corrections after I'm done but from time to time I will correct it in the middle of typing. I really don't know of a better way of going about it.

11. Julez BEFORE Iwaku:

"Hahahaha" The hamster walked away.

AFTER coming to Iwaku, and stalking Asmo's awesome posts:

"Hahaha!" The wicked and cruel hamster guffawed before crawling off into the inky darkness of the hall , his right leg dragging because it was fake.

-That is was usually happened.

I learned a lot from Asmo, Ryker, Woodrat, and Palonis, ect. way back when about basic roleplaying.

I try to view the happenings and my character from both view points, like toggling the view point f seeing your char in a game, verses seeing it through their eyes.

12. This is why Diana and Rory suck.

They never learn...

13. "I'm kinda nervous.." Kunari said softer.

14. Astorath pulled away from her and started kissing her neck as he ha ds roamed her body.