How do YOU combat writer's block?

With writer's demolitions, of course! :P

An inspiration -- a spark of creativity, can go a long way.

My mind works in mysterious ways, I get a week or two of inspiriation and I'm itching to write and then follows a week or two with writers block but I battle it with music, as many others have saiid already. I always have some playlists ready when it's writing time, mostly it is instrumental but I have some favourite songs with text mixed in there. Sometimes eating candy like chocolate or nougat actually helps me to write as well. If that doesn't work I read, watch a movie or anime or play some kind of game just to get my mind off what I'm writing for awhile, and when all else fails I push out a short post with force and then I usually get my creativity back:)

I see that my tactics are no different anyone else's, which makes me feel less strange. I Usually listen to some music if I am not already doing that, I think of some things from other roleplays that are kinda similar, just for some ideas to play off, Play Diablo 3 beta, or just type randomness until it comes to me! I hate having writers block more then anything -.-

I watch Sherlock.

For casual banter...
[SPOILI]
[/SPOILI]

For plot development...
[SPOILI]
[/SPOILI]

And for when you simply want to create the best villain seen on the site.
[SPOILI]
[/SPOILI]

I normally listen to Relation music, and close my eyes.

I take deep breathes and clear my mind of any side thoughts.

Afterwards, everything is normally fine.

I listen to music, and imagine something in my head, like a story, or something related to what I'm writing, and that usually stops it!

Then I think you would love to do the "Theme Song Challenges" link

... Is it odd that I find that the best way to over-come it is to look at pictures? Inspirations for character build ups?

I have an obscene amount of notes and folders full of half-concepts, quotes, jokes, scenarios, what have you that I've been amassing over the years. Usually, if I'm having trouble thinking up fresh material on the spot, I'll browse through those and see if I can't find anything I can use. That's what they're good for and I highly recommend everyone who writes have one (or two or ten).

A lot of people say they go to other people/music/art/exercise/fashion for inspiration and this is absolutely true for many (myself included). We are constantly surrounded by sensory input which we can translate into something creative; that's just writing 101. It is impossible to be just a solitary mental island and write anything that is of any interest to others.

Er, starting to ramble...

I find that if I just sit down and start writing, without any care or regard for spelling, content, quality, etc. eventually SOMETHING will come out of it that I can use. If the words are just not coming and my mind is a blank, I take that as a sign that I need to work on something else for a while until I get my mojo back.

If I'm having difficulty with a personal project, I'll write a roleplay post or two. ;)

I have gave in to the writer's block and just stopped writing x_x

what with work keeping me really busy i havent had time to try and get anything creative wrote out, I have also rage quit with the story I was writing about one of my main characters, got about 20 or 30 thousand words wrote, then when i was drunk last week I deleted it, cause I'm a dumbass..

Because of that, i think I'm going to give up writing, my heart just isnt in it anymore u_u