'HOPE' - A Tale of Survival

With a sigh Karola picked up her cards and went back to her own seat and pulled her guitar out. Dave stepped into the aisle and was going to say something to Karola when he heard something hit the window. Looking around he noticed Kit, whatever it was must have hit her window. Looking through the window he scowled at Drew but it left his face when he noticed he was waving. Well, it didn't seem like he had any malicious intent. He turned back to face Karola as Harry approached the window to say what he was going to say but noticed that she had her headphones in. The headphones were loud enough for him to hear at this distance, he wanted to tell her that she'd go deaf that way but pursed his lips plopped into a seat across from Kit. His shaggy head turned toward her and then looked at Karola briefly again and then he shrugged his shoulders. "We can play with her later" he said to Kit as he tried fishing out his deck of cards from one of his coat pockets.

His hand sifted through all the little hardware things he got and when his fingers touched the deck of cards he carefully tried extracting it from the depths of his pocket. But the pocket was too full and some packs of wire, little light bulbs, wire clamps, and a nine volt battery fell out of his pocket and landed on the seat or bounced off to clatter onto the aisle. "Cripes" he said quietly and, setting the deck of cards aside, started picking up the pieces of hardware even as various other pieces tumbled from his pocket when he leaned down to pick up the others.

Dave tries to talk to Karola but thinks it better to leave her be for now and tries playing cards with Kit. While trying to pull the deck from his pocket, various electrical hardware type things fall out of his pocket and he goes about picking them up.

She sat reading her skittles bag looking at the calories and then at the sugars and tried pronouncing all the crazy big words for the ingredients. Her mind felt like it was going to explode. She looked down at her three day old outfit and sniffed it. "Bleh." Chelseas face contorted into a disgusted look, "Gross." It had been warm and she had been with out any perfume,deodorant, or shower. Her head fell against the window and made a thud noise, she looked down at Tony and Kelly but they weren't interesting Kelly was weird to talk to anyway.

She sighed and got on her knees and turned around in her seat,
"Um... Hi everyone..." She smiled as she addressed the people on the bus "Does anyone have any deodorant? Or like perfume?" smelling good didn't cross her mind of something that would be bad because she didn't know much about zombies. They were just gross and smelly to her and she didn't want to be like them.

~
Summary~
Chelsea is bored and wants to smell better so she asks everyone on the bus if they have perfume or deodorant the ex playboy bunny doesnt understand that smelling better is what might bring zombies around.

[size=+1]We move into the backroom, Moore flicking an outdated light-switch to dimly illuminate a room filled with old, rickety shelves stocked with various boxes. What sort of supplies they contain I can't tell, and somehow I doubt the man I'm following will be up for enlightening me even if I ask.

Apparently the camping equipment isn't far; we turn down one row of shelves and walk a few paces before Moore pulls out a couple old boxes of equipment.
"Got a couple gas stoves and a decent-sized tent," he rumbles, "but that's about it. This is the sort of kit you're looking for?" I examine the two stoves and the tent for a moment; they look like they were made over a decade ago but they've been well kept. At any rate they should help us out a bit on the road.

"Yeah, these should be good. Give us something to cook stuff with." Moore looks up at me.
"You folks are sure as fuck taking this thing seriously."
"It's hard not to." I guess Moore really doesn't know how bad it is. "We barely made it out of Seattle alive. Fuck knows how bad it is everywhere else." Moore scoffs.
"Just another panic, I tell you. That's all."
"Have you met anyone infected yet?" He shakes his head, and I resist the urge to retort with my own disdainful scoff. "Then take it from me, friend. This shit is serious. What people become when they get infected? You've never seen anything like it."
"It's the same old story every fuckin' time." He loads the stoves back into the box and hands it to me, "Every goddamn year it's something else. HIV. Bird Flu. Vaccines that kill you. People love to have something to freak the fuck out about. But every fucking time things go back to normal. You'll see."

For a moment I'm all set to argue with him, to try and get him to understand the severity of what's going on. But I quickly realise it won't do any good. Moore has made his mind up about this matter. It'll probably get him killed sooner or later, but there's little I can do. I have a bus-full of people to worry about; I don't have time for this old fuck who refuses to accept the situation he's in.

* * *​

Back out in the main store of the gas station, Gail and Drew have finished loading up on supplies. Moore and I wander out of the backroom just as the pair of them reach the checkout, me carrying the stoves and Moore with the tent. Gail hands me the cash she's been carrying and I pull a twenty dollar note out of my own wallet.
"Here's $100. That should cover all this." Moore stares at me. Then stares some more. When it becomes abundantly clear he's not going to speak I sigh. "What?"
"That ain't enough."
"…You're kidding me, right?" I don't even know why I've asked him that; Moore wouldn't know humour if someone hit him in the face with it.
"That ain't enough," he says again, folding his arms.
"Well, how much do you want?"
"$250. And no less."
"This stuff barely comes to $70, even with those stoves!" Drew objects.
"Crisis inflation." There's a smug grin on Moore's face now. I think that's what finally pushes me over the edge.
"You know what? Fuck you. Keep the $100, but we're leaving with this stuff." The fat man lets out a rather unnerving growl.
"Don't fucking try, you piece of--"

I don't give him the chance to finish; instead I hammer a sudden right blow into the side of his head, knocking his ass into the booth behind his checkout. I grab the stove box and the tent and move for the door, Gail and Drew following closely behind.

Guess we are going with Kelly's plan after all.

At least I fucking paid him though. It's more than he deserves.

We're out the doors and moving fast towards the bus. Kelly, Cassie and Tony are all standing outside it.
"Hey! Give us a hand with this shit! We gotta go now!" I yell over to them. I've never exactly robbed a gas station before, but I'm guessing you don't want to stick around to see how things go after the deed is done. Still, we've almost reached the bus; we'll be out of this place in just a--

--The gunshot reverberates around the station and I drop the stove box in shock, whirling around. The bottom falls out of my stomach when I realise what's happened.

Moore's apparently a tougher bastard than I thought. I'd figured that punch would have him on his ass for a good minute or two, but he's up and out the door already. What's more he's now brandishing a fucking shotgun at us.
"THINK YOU CAN FUCKIN' ROB ME, YOU UPPITY CITY FUCK?!" he roars, "DROP MY PROPERTY BEFORE I VENTILATE THE WHOLE FUCKIN' LOT OF YOU!"

Oh shit.

This is not going well.[/size]

[size=+1]The gunshot reverberates through the trees and open farmland surrounding the gas station, the sound travelling far because it has only silence to compete with. The only living ears it reaches are the ears of animals, who scatter at the sound.

But those are not the only ears the gunshot reaches.

In the trees, slumped on the roadside, roaming in search of sustenance, those infected by the terrible plague that has been unleashed upon humanity are still a force to be reckoned with, even out here in the countryside. And upon hearing the shot they all stop and begin to turn towards the source of the sound.

They are not intelligent by any stretch of the imagination, but they possess a rudimentary survival instinct.

They know that sound means food. Dozens of rotting feet begin to walk towards the gas station, and dozens more will follow.

They will be there soon.

zombies.jpg

Harry and Moore discuss the outbreak in the backroom as they dig out a pair of gas stoves and a tent; Moore is unaware of the severity of the situation, convinced that it's just another panic. At the checkout Harry, Gail and Drew attempt to pay the station owner, but Moore attempts to overcharge them, mockingly citing 'crisis inflation'.

Finally pushed too far, Harry punches Moore and grabs the supplies, aiming to head back to the bus and leave. The three don't get far, though; Moore reappears with a shotgun, firing off a shot and demanding his property be returned.

The shot echoes around the nearby area.

And begins to draw the living dead to the gas station.
[/size]

Kelly​
"Hey! Give us a hand with this shit! We gotta go now!"

Turning to look at Harry, Kelly starts to jog forward until he hears a loud gunshot, which forces him to stop in his tracks.

"THINK YOU CAN FUCKIN' ROB ME, YOU UPPITY CITY FUCK?! DROP MY PROPERTY BEFORE I VENTILATE THE WHOLE FUCKIN' LOT OF YOU!"

The fat man was holding a shotgun. Tightening his grip on the large wrench in hand, Kelly remains quiet as he starts thinking of what to do. He'd get blown off his feet before reaching the man, and that was if he was a good shot. Something told him it wouldn't be best to chance it, and the convict didn't like the idea of getting shot... again. Fuck it... I'll take a bullet over teeth any day... Kelly thinks to himself, and slowly slides his free hand behind his back. Slipping his hand inside the back waist line of his pants, he slides a few pieces of broken glass into hand from the hidden pocket sown inside it.

Looking at Moores, then to Harry, and Gail, Kelly gritted his teeth. This was either going to really suck... or be badass. "Look here, dude. Looks like we both did something real stupid just now. Robbing you, and you announcing to the world that there's meals on wheels over here. I wouldn't waste any more bullets by shooting at us. You're going to need all the shells you can find in a little bit." It was a long shot, but perhaps Moores would listen to reason. Kelly hadn't talked to him yet, and though at the moment it didn't seem likely, it was still worth a shot... besides. If he could distract him, Kelly could slowly close the distance, or give Harry, Gail, and Drew a chance to get away.

"Not how about you put that gun down, and we settle this like decent people? Cause in a little bit, you won't have such nice company." Slowly, and carefully, Kelly had been doing his best to creep closer, all the while looking like he was simply pacing. In his left hand, the glass shards clumped in his closed hand, waiting to let fly, and sink into Moore's face, and if possible... his eyes. Just gotta get close...

Kelly's planning on blinding Moore with glass to the eyes when he gets close enough to throw it, and is trying to distract him from focusing on the others. This is also buys time for anyone else to think of an idea of how to take Moore down in a more peaceful way, as Kelly isn't going to take any chances while the man has a shotgun.

Before anyone could answer her question a gun shot echoed through the silence, her head snapped in the direction of Moore, Harry, Gail, Drew and Kelly. She closed her eyes and sank down into her seat trying to stay as low as possible. She began to cover her ears and be that helpless girl that she had always been, but her life never meant so much to her until now so she came up with a plan in her head real quick to try and help out.

Chelsea took a deep breath and closed her caramel eyes then slid down onto the floor on all four and crawled to the bus entrance. She could still smell herself and every now and then she would make a funny face. Crawling on to the bottom step she turned herself around so she was sitting on her bum and wiped her hands off then slowly opened the bus doors all the way open.

While Kelly was distracting the gas station guy she could help them grab all the supplies and stick them under the seats, or that's what she planned in her own head.
"Common!" she mouthed waving frantically for them to hurry up and get to the bus. Her heart was pounding and she wasn't sure what was going to happen to them but she didn't want it to be what had happened to the rest of everyone else.

~
Summary~
She is at the bottom of the steps with the doors open trying to help get the stuff on the bus.
(ooc pic on right is what shes wearing btw)

Attachments

• 383210_10150442591908919_246158453918_8686633_647072441_n.jpg
    383210_10150442591908919_246158453918_8686633_647072441_n.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 6
The gunshot shook Karola out of her reverie, and she swiftly pulled her earbuds out. Quickly standing up, she looked out of the windows opposite of her seat, seeing a crazy sight. The gas station man, what was his name? Mister Moore, that's what it was, Mister Moore was waving a shotgun about, shouting.

Gasping in fright, she reaches over to her stuff, instinctively grabbing her sword, sheathed and clothed. Rushing to the front of the bus, gazing apprehensively out the open door, she catches Kelly's words. Slowly stepping down the stairs, trying not to do startle Mister Moore, she creeps forward, hiding her sword behind her back. Getting close to Gail, she murmurs under her breath, "Do you need any help?"

Dave was still trying to pick up his stuff from the floor when Chelsea asked the bus if anyone had deodorant, she must have been smelling funky. Before anyone could answer there was ruckus and shouting outside then gunfire. Shotgun fire. Dave's body went cold and his stomach clenched, motioning Kit to stay down he looked out the window to observe the situation.

There were a couple things strewn across the distance spanning from the gas station to the bus, between Harry, Gail, Drew, Kelly, and the gun toting Mister Moore. Dave didn't worry about the exact circumstances of what was going down and only concentrated on what he was seeing. It looked bad. Hearing sounds of movement toward the front of the bus, Dave looked to see Chelsea opening the doors. He ducked down and hissed at Chelsea
"You're going to set him off!" Then Karola rushes right past both of them "Wha- Ka- St-" he sputtered, trying to stop Karola from going out, but it was too late. She was already out there asking if they needed any help, which it was obvious they did. Sighing, Dave resigned himself to crouching next to Chelsea by the doors of the bus. She actually didn't smell that bad, although it might have just been his beard he was smelling.

Through the front windows of the bus movement could be seen in the not-so-far distance. Dave was crouched down and couldn't see in that direction.

Dave tells Kit to stay down while he looks out the window at what's happening. He quietly discourages Chelsea's efforts to bring the supplies onto the bus, fearing a reaction from Moore only for Karola to come zooming out with god knows what held behind her back. Meanwhile the zombies get a bit closer.

((Well that's one use for tape))

He didn't know exactly why Mister Moores was being ridiculously jerkish to some survivors in what seemed to be a a mini Apocalypse but he sure as hell wasn't going to ask him. Drew didn't even want to look at him let alone ask him about his current attitude. Though, if he thought hard enough, he would just end up with the conclusion that he was an asshole. A really pissed off one at that, and everyone knows, there's nothing worse than a pissed off asshole with a shotgun. During a zombie infestation. Drew backed up by Harry and Gail, having ran out the store at the same speed and actually managing not to trip. He looked callously around for the person that would go, "Now, look here, sir..." like in the movies, but that person happened to be Kelly, which in Drew's case, the worse case scenario.

His speech seemed plausible. It was just the jumpsuit that was throwing it all off. Gail hadn't said a word and Drew hoped to hell that she wasn't waiting on him to speak up. The kid was down right terrified! He had never seen a shotgun that close and personally didn't care to unless he was the one wielding it, and oh, how he wished he was doing that right now so that he could blast that man into tiny chunks. Drew gulped and his throat burned again like a thousand and one suns, but he didn't let Moores see was terrified. He had to man up at some point. The driver that had saved his life was asking for help, and if he went down, they were all fucked. The night was dawning and the street lights made the scene much more eerie than he wished for it to be.

"Harry, I think you should do it, man."

That statement completely sold Drew out as a scared little teenager, and Karola made it far worse. The girl seemed to have appeared out of no where. His left foot slipped and he knocked into Harry's right elbow, cursing but never keeping his eyes off of Mr. Moores. Always be aware of the threat in front of you, much like that 'keep your eye on the ball' saying. His arms flailed a bit to keep himself steady enough to run if need be, though he doubted Harry and the others would do something stupid like that. Drew had no idea of the horde that was waiting, slinking towards them from the sidelines. His eyes were on the gun, a gun that couldn't aim at everyone at the same time. He had a 15% probability of shooting one of them if they all scattered like flies. With all of that weight, his vision with the shotgun sights dropped down into the low 60's, and Gail definitely seemed to be the fastest among them seeing how skinny she was. They could get out of this!

Problem was...Drew couldn't tell Harry, Kelly, Korola, or Gail of any sort of plans for Moores was not fucking kidding when he said he would shoot everyone, giving them each a hard glare in the eyes. Drew couldn't pass a message in front of a gaze like that. So, as usual, he shut up and maintained his balance.

Drew high tails it out of the store at the same speed as Harry, getting closer to him and Gail when Moores shoots the gun. His fear makes him tell Harry to do what he says, but when Karola appeared he loses his balance and bumps against Harry's elbow. At the same time, he formulated some sort of rational and mathematical way to disorient Moores! But with the fat guy staring at him and the others, he couldn't relay the information to the others.

Gail didn't say much as they paid for their stuff, she was more concerned about getting out of there now. Tampons were a lost cause, mostly because she wasn't willing to risk losing a quarter to a machine in case it ran out. Also, Moore didn't seem like the type to negotiate...Though he was enough of an ass to raise his prices at the last second. Gail almost cheered on Harry as he gave Moor a nice punch in the face, but figured it would be more proper if they got out of their quickly. She carried what she could and made her way out the door with the others excited to get back to the bus and hopefully move on and away from this jerk.

Then the gun fired.

Gail jumped in fright and dropped the supplies she was carrying, thankfully nothing braking as she had not been carrying anything fragile. She turned to find an enraged Moore with a shot gun, glaring at them all as he demanded his stuff back. Poor Gail was froze like a deer in the headlights. Her body was rigid and not even Karola talking to her could make her look away from the sight of the fat man. She seemed to be handling it well though, she had yet to break down or run in fear, so it was probably a good thing that she froze at the moment. It would be less likely for her to irritate the already aggravated man. However, there was definitely on large problem on their hand now.

Something was bound to have hear the gun...

[size=+1]Kelly has barely finished his sentence before Moore snarls at him to shut up, an animalistic sound that almost makes me more nervous than the shotgun he's waving about. Almost. The man's breathing heavily, a red mark beginning to form on the side of his face where I struck him.

Stupid move, Harry. Better start praying that it doesn't get you, Gail and Drew killed.

"We can talk this out when you three put my property the fuck down!" he yells back to Kelly, still brandishing the shotgun. Suddenly I'm hearing footsteps behind us and silently curse under my breath; who the hell is approaching the irate gun-waving garage owner? Moore apparently doesn't appreciate the move either; he swings the shotgun to face Karola and racks a new shell into the chamber. "One more fucking step and I'm blowing your stomach all across the fucking asphalt, bitch!" He looks back to me. "Your call, fuck-face!"

Beside me Drew stumbles slightly; I catch the boy as best I can and help him right himself.
"Harry, I think you should do it, man." I can't deny the kid talks sense.
"Alright, we're putting the stuff down. Everyone keep back and stay calm okay? Let's not turn this into a bloodbath." I stare Moore in the eye as I slowly begin to lower myself to place the boxes on the ground. "I'm not going to try anything, okay? No need to start shooting."
"Don't tell me what to do, asshole!" Moore snaps back, and I decide against retorting.

He's the one with the gun, after all.

I place the boxes down on the ground carefully, hoping that Drew and Gail will do the same. With my hands raised I take two steps back.
"Okay, there's your stuff. It's all yours. Now can--"
"--Fuckin' right it is!" Moore interrupts, "Now shut the fuck up and let me think for a second!" He's starting to panic. I don't think he's been faced with this sort of situation before. This is bad news for everyone facing the business end of that shotgun.

Because if he starts panicking, he's likely to start shooting.[/size]

[size=+1]They drag their frames closer and closer to the sound of the shot as the sun begins it's descent behind them, creating a silhouette of shuffling corpses on an unceasing march towards the gas station. Former men, former women, former children; they come from all walks of life, death having stripped them of anything that once made them human.

All they have left is their hunger.

Soon they will feed…

Moore is becoming increasingly irate; as Karola approaches he makes it clear that he will kill anyone who comes any closer. Harry puts the boxes down and takes a couple steps away whilst indicating Drew and Gail to do the same, noting with apprehension that Moore is starting to panic.

Nearby, the undead alerted to the survivors' presence by the gunshot continue their advance.
[/size]

Reactions: 1 person
She looked at Dave as Karola sped past her and gave him a kinda dirty look I didnt do anything wrong, she giggled a little bit at the situation though, not that it was funny it was just crazy; and in uncomfortable crazy situations Chelsea isn't sure what to do usually so she thinks of the first thing that comes to mind, which happened to be laughing.

She didn't want to move but being on the bottom step of the bus made her feel vulnerable, everything was happening so fast. She stood slowly and managed to creep back to the seat she was in. She stared out her window and then looked around the bus. Her mind blanked and she stared out the windshield for quite some time before realizing what had been approaching since the gun went off. Panic began to set it.
"Guys!" she yelled out her window and pointed to the Zombies slowly making their way to them. "I think we should just go." her voice was almost a whisper. She sat back down and stared at her hands in her lap. She began to cry there was so much going on and no one could do anything about it, not really at least.

She looked over at at Mr. Moore and felt sorry for him but hoped they wouldn't have to bring him along.

~
Summary~
Chelsea laughs at everyone being crazy because shes uncomfortable and then sees the zombies and points them out, shes really scared.

Dave sighed to himself as he heard Moore's reaction. Yep, he didn't like that very much, stupid girl. Chelsea giggled. It almost didn't even register, but given the circumstances he could see how it would be giggle worthy. He moved as she climbed back up into the bus and took her spot on the bottom step so he could watch for an opportunity to do something if one came up. His skeleton almost jumped out of his skin when Chelsea screamed.

Looking around he saw that the scream came from Chelsea and followed to where she pointed and leaned a little farther out of the bus and stopped dead when he saw the zombies. Of course, zombies, the whole reason they were here in the first place. Standing up, Dave held onto something in the bus and leaned out.
"Hey Moore" Dave's expression was cold and relaxed. In a practical tone he said "The zombies are coming. Lets just go our separate ways, you can hunker down in your store and leave us to them. But if you don't go inside soon you'll be food like the rest of us." The way he spoke made this squabble seem unimportant compared to a hoard of fast approaching zombies. "Something to think about, bro." He pulled himself inside the bus and trudged to the back, passing by an almost hysterical Chelsea. The waning sun caused worry to gnaw at his stomach and for him to pick up his length of pipe in preparation for what was to come next.

Dave tries appealing to Moore's sense of self preservation, making their altercation seem trivial compared to the approaching zombies. He grabs up his weapon to prepare for the approaching zombies.

Looking down the barrel of a shotgun, Karola pretends to be unfazed, but inside she is actually scared. No one, in her entire life, has ever pointed any sort of firearm at her, and truth be told, she was terrified of guns. She does back off a couple footsteps, putting up her free hand in a signal of surrender. Hearing Chelsea scream, and Dave's words following it, Karola nervously sheaths and unsheathes her sword, just taking it out a couple inches.

"Dave's right." She said, raising her voice so everyone present could hear. "We need to leave sometime soon if we're going to make it out alive. I suggest Dave's plan." She spoke quickly, nervous, even though she was the one with the sword and the training. Karola was prepared to make a mad dash for the bus, but figured that Moore would start shooting, and it went against her teaching. "Make sure the weakest of the group gets out first, then you can worry about yourself," her old teacher would say. Still, she wished she could run.

Biting the inside of her cheek, she looked to Harry for further instruction. It was his bus anyways. Harry could decide who got to stay and who was forced to leave, if he went that direction. He would know what to do...

[SPOILI]Karola backs off a few feet, secretly afraid of the gun in Moore's hands, but not wanting to seem cowardly in front of the rest of the group. She agrees with Dave, nervously going through old instructions she had been given, before all the insanity started. Then, she looks to Harry, figuring he's the one with the bus, he's the leader, etc.[/SPOILI]

What seemed like a dire and drastic situation had now turned into a filibuster. The other survivors started to pile off the bus and talk to the mad man that held the shot gun. The conclusion nestled gently in Drew's head before he internally announced all of his fellow survivors idiots. One glance at Moore and Drew could clearly tell the man was unstable. His big, blundering cheeks shook when he threatened Chelsea and even more so when Harry actually did what Moores wanted him to do. That is what threw everything off. Even when Moores got what he wanted, he still wasn't content with that in the least. Snip-its of Moores and Harry's conversation came back to him as he half shielded half secured himself behind the 'safety' of Harry. The man was like a step ladder. First his concern was his money. Then it was his property. Then it was Chelsea. Now, it seemed as though his brain had won over and he finally went into an internal war with himself. The way he was priority hopping could only mean one thing, to Drew at least: The man had finally realized that he was in some deep shit.

"Guys!"came a shriek from somewhere behind him. A shriek from a woman could mean a million and one things, but he doubted the incy wincy spider had scared Chelsea at that time. If the shot gun fat blob didn't scare, only one other thing could: another shotgun man or the undead.

He really hoped he was wrong in his theories.

It pained him to lower his guard when Kelly, Harry, and Gail all seemed intent on Moores, but Drew had an ominous feeling crawling on the back of his shoulder, snaking its way all the way up to the base of his neck. A iced water bucket of fear drowned him over
him when he heard the monotone groan growing somewhere behind him. He couldn't see clear, vivid images, but the shadowy, slurring figures were enough to confirm his fears. Dave had been speaking at the same time Drew nudged Harry in the arm. The bus driver may or may not have been aware of the oncoming zombies, but Drew neither cared nor acknowledged Moore's next actions. As good as Drew was in math, he could put two and two together: A living human being would not want to be killed from a cannibalistic freak.

"Shit! Shitshitshit..."Drew muttered before peeling off. His left foot crossed over his right in an awkward angle when he tried to sprint away. he was still kind of fearful that Moores would completely spaz out at the sudden movement from Drew, but still, at that point, zombies were worse than psychotic fat man. Drew managed to trip away from the group and by the bus. His adrenaline spiked a bit when another large groan exited the forest, even the shuffling of feet clearly audible in the night.

"Look, man you can shoot us and get eaten or shoot the fuckers trying to eat you! We don't give a shit about your shit! You're crazy, man!" Drew exclaimed out to Moores. By that time he was by the back of the bus, fumbling with the emergency handle in a desperate attempt to open the door.. He could remember distinctly that Kelly brought cases of gas onto the bus. Gas made fires. Zombies hate fire. Only a little was needed.

Drew concludes that Moores is mentally unstable by the way he changes his priorities. Chelsea's shriek catches his attention and he finally notices the zombies. Deciding that zombies made far worse enemies than Moores, Drew snaps that the man is crazy for not wanting to kill the zombies, and he makes it to the back of the bus, remembering the gas Kelly brought on the bus...

Kelly​

The horde was getting closer with every passing second, and after the initial chill that washed over his nerves, Kelly found himself feeling something all together different. It wasn't fear... it was anger. He was seriously pissed now, with the idea of some fat bastard holding all their lives in his nervous, and panicking grasp. "That's it..." he mumbled. This had gone on long enough.

Lunging forward towards Moore, Kelly threw the handfull of glass at the man's face, and and juked to the right, hoping to get clear of that first shot. Reckless? Oh yeah, but taking a bullet was much better than becoming something's sandwich. Well... the convict could only assume as he grasped at the underside of the barrel, the wrench in his other hand making for a haymaker to the man's ribs. He made sure to put some extra rage behind it to get through the fat. Kelly didn't want to have to swing a second time.

If the gamble played off, he'd have a shotgun in one hand, and a decoy at his feet. Kelly had half a mind to fire off one shell for each of the people on Harry's bus, and then leaving the crippled shop keeper what was left, as they fled. Harry would be hard pressed to convince the convict otherwise, as Kelly thought it was time to make a point about what he said. He wasn't cruel enough to leave Moore with just one bullet.

Noting Moore's ever increasing downward spiral, Kelly decides to take a gamble, and put Moore to the floor, so Harry, and co can pack up the bus, and they can get the hell out of dodge.

Gail was frozen, she couldn't register anything other than the gun that was being waved in her direction. She was damn lucky that she had dropped the supplies in her shock or else she would not have been able to when she was asked before. Stiff to the point of being like a human statue, she could only watch in silence with her wide and fearful eyes as Harry and Drew seemed to decide that giving back the stuff was a good idea, sadly the crazy man would probably also keep all of the money that she had given him as well. What was worse than the gun though was the groan from behind her growing slowly louder.

She knew that something had heard the gun, and now it was on its way to feed upon them in a cannibalistic frenzy caused by the zombification of the majority of the population. With the pressure to leaving on them while the fat man had the gun on their faces, everyone in the group was twitchy and was bound to explode eventually...

It seemed that Kelly was the first.

Gail was shocked as the former convict threw a hand full of glass into the mans face before lunging forward. Finally at this point, Gail was frightened enough to move, jumping back at least two feet and falling to teh ground in a curled up back, hands over her ears as she waited for another shot and a scream of pain...or on the other hand a scream of shock and the sound of a whale hitting the ground. Whatever one it was, Gail was prepared and shivering as she waited for the scene to end.

Gail is frozen stiff with fright as the gun is pointed at her face, knowing that not even her fast legs could out run a bullet. With the zombies approaching she fears the worst, only to be shocked at Kelly's attack and surprised enough that she was unfrozen and jumped back a good distance to avoid any direct contact in the fight was would follow. She only knew that there was going to be a scream and it was going to be messy.