Homedwellers! What are you most excited/nervous about for moving out!

Minibit

Returned from the Void
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
This is for those who still live with their parents/guardians; what excites you about the day you strike out on your own? What parts make you nervous?

Experienced move-outers, I'll summarize advice here in the top post; message me INSTEAD OF REPLYING if you have more to add

#1: have money to spare. Save roughly 1years worth of rent for emergencies

#2: learn to cook with veggies and meat; buying premade meals will eat your savings

#3: if you don't clean it, no one else will. Clean messes as they happen

#4: meal plan and only buy the food you need for those meals

#5: always be polite and respectful to your neighbours and landlord; you'll find they're much more willing to accommodate you when you need them

I'll be alone, that makes me the most nervous. I hate being alone, unless I'm frustrated or just getting up from sleep. Other than that, I'm generally excited to be on my own and make something of myself out there. 2 more years! :D

R
I'll be alone, that makes me the most nervous. I hate being alone, unless I'm frustrated or just getting up from sleep. Other than that, I'm generally excited to be on my own and make something of myself out there. 2 more years! :D
Rommates, yo!

Yeah, but a lot of the time roommates aren't the easiest to live with.

Yeah, but a lot of the time roommates aren't the easiest to live with.
Neither is family, but unless you earn four-digit paycheques, odds are you'll need one