Hi, I'm new to this RolePlaying thingy.

F

FighterKat

Original poster
THE ABOUT Me! SURVEY

What do you prefer to be called? I like to be called Jazz or Katty
Boy, girl, or a mystery? Myster- No, just kidding. I'm a girl. Or at least I think so...
How old are you? 10 to 21. You don't need to know the deets.
Are you new to the site but not to roleplaying? New to this whole thing, baby.
Groups or One on One? Umm. Both? I think? (No srsly, I haven't a clue what either is)
Pool or Beach? POOL ALL THE WAY! I love to swim. Although swimming in the sea would be cooler, because it's outdoors. Which is better.
SING IT OUT LOUD! What song is tormenting your mind?I'm on holiday- I can't talk to my friends!

You're entirely new, too? So was I when I joined. Now I have a good place here! Welcome to this land of methodical madness and dysfunctional organization! Glad to have you here. If you need anything, I always have freshly baked snack pastries and good advice!

Welcome Jazz! Glad to see you made it here to Iwaku. There is a huge variety here so you are sure to find something that suits you! If not, you can always make it!

Regarding groups or one-on-one, these are different types of roleplays where you are either roleplaying with several other people (group), or just with one (one-on-one). Experiment with them and see which you like best!

For members who are new to roleplay, I always suggest that they hop on over to the Jump-In Roleplays, where you can just drop straight into the action right away without any set-up or discussion. Either by reading or participating, it's a great way to get a feel for what roleplay is all about. Then, if you feel you want to learn more or want to sharpen your writing skills in general, take a look at the Roleplay Institute, which is a resource for all kinds of writing and roleplaying learning. Whenever you feel ready, the next step for most folks is to check out the Global Signups and Plot List, which has more in-depth, structured roleplays.

As always, feel free to let me, or anyone else know if you need any help with anything!

Welcome to Iwaku! You've made a good choice to get into the wonderful world of roleplaying. Like Fatal stated above, you can always go to the jump-in roleplays to test out your writing skills and observe others way of RPing. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask~

Welcome to a whole new world, in fact, several, as many as can be imagined! The staff is always here for you if you have any questions and most memebers are awesomely helpful too. Don't get overwhelmed and remember the purpose of roleplaying is havng fun, the side effect is gaining friends.