Heyo everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Traleon

Original poster
Greetings! ^^ I'm Traleon or Tral for short, and I finally decided to take the step into joining Iwaku! A friend had told me about it and I had been eyeing it for a while, until I finally decided to,well, take the plunge!

English isn't my native language but I am fairly capable of communicating through it (or so I'd like to think :P), I'm a soon-to-become 21 guy and currently studying computer science. I'm interested in video games, chatting, and anime every now and then.

Rp wise I must say I'm quite a rookie ^^U I have been in some, but it's been quite a while since last time and even then we weren't fully committed into actually RPing, but I want to hone my skills, improve, and hopefully meet some nice people on the way!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Tral, welcome!

Like you, English isn't my native language, so you're definitely not alone on that front! Computer science, huh? That's pretty neat. I've never known much about computers, but I've always been super interested in them. Anyways, what sort of roleplays do you enjoy?

Welcome to Iwaku! I hope you can find some roleplays that will interest you so you can grow as a writer! c:

I like anime as well! What are your favourites? :o

Roleplay wise, well, I want to experiment a bit of everything,I guess! Though good ol' fantasy setting is probably amongst the comfiest ones for a beginner,I feel, haha! I feel like I need to experience alot of RP's to finally start figuring out what I do and don't really enjoy too much ^^

Regarding anime, well, haven't watched many, to be honest! And they're sliiiiightly....all over the place :P. I liked Hellsing or Death Note or Attack On Titan, but I also enjoyed Kill lla Kill, Cromartie High School, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.... so I guess either action, comedy or slice of life are my kind of thing when it comes to anime ^^

Hallo Tral! ^o^ Welcome to Iwaku!

Thanks! ^^ Truth be told, the web seems to be surprisingly active and big o.o slightly intimidating but I think I'll manage to get used to it,haha!

Hey there! We actually have lots of cool people from all over, so you might even find someone else who speaks the same language that you do hanging around. It's cute to have such a diverse community here and I hope find a cozy spot to fit in!

If you come across some issue or giant question mark you have about the site, we have a place dedicated to solving problems here, the Help Desk. If you're looking for places to flex your writing muscles before, after, or during joining any roleplays, we also have some nifty Content sections (like Refining Writing) that have guides, exercises, and resources.

Welcome to the site, have fun!

Hey there Tral! I'm glad you decided to join us! There's people from all over at all writing levels here, I really hope you find something you enjoy! Fantasy is one of the more popular genres on the site, I believe so if that's what you're looking for I'm sure you'll find something that strikes your fancy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome and the helpful advice and info! ^^ I'll look into it, much appreciated!

*waves* Hi! Welcome to our community, I hope you enjoy it here. If you need help, don't be afraid to approach us staffers. We're here to help you out.

English isn't my first language either, but it might as well be now. ^^; See you around~

Greetings! ^^ I'm Traleon or Tral for short, and I finally decided to take the step into joining Iwaku! A friend had told me about it and I had been eyeing it for a while, until I finally decided to,well, take the plunge!

English isn't my native language but I am fairly capable of communicating through it (or so I'd like to think :P), I'm a soon-to-become 21 guy and currently studying computer science. I'm interested in video games, chatting, and anime every now and then.

Rp wise I must say I'm quite a rookie ^^U I have been in some, but it's been quite a while since last time and even then we weren't fully committed into actually RPing, but I want to hone my skills, improve, and hopefully meet some nice people on the way!
Hi, Tral! Welcome! I'm glad you decided to join us.

You had me fooled with not speaking English as a native language. A few rough spots, but nothing I can't understand with ease. If you'd like, I'd be willing to help you out with it, if you have questions or confusion. I like to study English in my spare time, to help improve my writing.

If you want to improve your RPing skills, you came to the right place. We have a huge collection of lessons, exercises, and workshops, and the number grows fairly often!

Well, Traleon. Welcome to Iwaku!

Aaand.. You're not the only one who doesn't have english as their native language. Neither do I. So I make the best of it when I type in english and so on!

However, I am glad to see you joined the site. Enjoy your stay and have fun mate. :)

Hello Tral! Welcome to iwaku, so happy yout joined! Hope you have a great time here and make awesome friends!

Hello, @Traleon and welcome to the site ^.^ You may not know it yet but you just enlisted in the bunny army >:{D If you haven't already go ahead and give the rules a once over, and if something on the site stumps you, we also have a nifty Help section ^.^ This is where you'll find the FAQ, and within the FAQ a list of Roleplay Tags, a list of the site's bbcodes, a link to the staff roster, and other insightful things. But if you can't find an answer to your question, need clarification, or found a bug, the Help Desk might be more your cup of tea.

As a roleplayer, new or otherwise, you're always looking for ways to improve your craft and one of Iwaku's many goals is to help you with this :D Thus the Content page! Here you'll find forums dedicated to Roleplay Guides and places for users to commission and display their own works ^.^ But if you're more worried about actually roleplaying or need a place to start, we have the Roleplay Search page :) This is where you'll find Interest Checking and Creation where Game Masters posts interests check for their future roleplays and plot future roleplays. Roleplay Advertisement is where Game Masters advertise their running group, dice, or jump-in roleplays. But if you're a Game Master looking for players, there's always the Seeking Group Invites forum. This will allow you to browse users looking for group roleplays to join and snag them up for yourself! Last but not least is the Seeking One x One partners. If group roleplays are too main stream for you, set up shop here and look for someone of similar interests ^.^

If you're wondering who I am, I am but only one of Iwaku's many staff members :D As the banner says, I'm part of the Community Maintenance branch and my job is to make sure all roleplays have their correct tags and prefixes, archive dead threads, and fix whatever you break :3 Other branches of Staff include the Security team, the users who make sure you aren't up to anything questionable, and the Content team, the users who make sure you're never bored!

I hope to see you around the forums and may the muse be with you =^.^=

embed.php

English isn't my native language either, so I'm glad to meet people like you, Traleon. I'm also on my 3rd year of Computer Science and let me tell you it's not easy, but I love it! xD Videogames and anime is my shit, so I think that you and I can become really good friends.

Welcome to Iwaku and enjoy your stay and don't worry about your skills. There's always something around here for everyone, so don't hesitate to explore the different forums.

I am actually quite surprised abut how newcomer-friendly the site is, with all the available pages to make things easier or more comfortable! It truly is appreciatted, I'll be sure to give them a look ^^ Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Gonna be a bit busy for a bit, but probably next week I'll start to search and experiment with RP's, hope to have a great time! :D

• Love
Reactions: The Mood is Write
Hey Tral!
2cs8jns.png

It's great to have you here! I noticed you said you sometimes enjoy anime - if that's true, you should check out this FAIRY TAIL RPthat myself as well as another member of Iwaku are running - it's pretty fun ♥
Also, seeing as you're new to Iwaku, check out the "Newbie Care Package" thread - you can get a bunch of free graphics and a guide around Iwaku :)

P.S here are some helpful threads to get you started. I'd highly suggest checking em' out - OH! and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! Take care!
Interest Checking & Creation - INTEREST CHECKING & CREATION
Seeking One on One Partners - SEEKING ONE ON ONE PARTNERS
Terms & Rules - Terms of Service and Rules | IwakuRoleplay.com
BB Codes - BB Codes | IwakuRoleplay.com

♥♥​

Status
Not open for further replies.