Hero of the Imperium!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh truly now? I've only heard of four cases where a human is turned into something else: Becoming one of the Adeptus Astartes, a great honor, becoming a Servitor, mostly a punishment, being taken over by a demon of the warp, or, finally, something to do with Xenos." He said, matter of factly.
"And as I said, I am not lacking in travel. As I said, I've been a commissar for forty years. Turning the tides on some of the greatest battles of the Imperium. You might have heard of me? Lord Commissar Thorne? Sometimes called The Hero of the Imperium? Books? Comics? Propaganda banners?" He asked, talking about it as if he was talking about the weather.

She smiled a bit. "So you're the hero I heard about. Well, looks like I've accomplished part of my own agenda. I know you have no values and don't deserve the title of hero." She said softly, "Also, clearly the entirety of existence is larger than we thought as I've never heard of you or your precious Imperium. So, now I have one request." she said pulling out a book from her bag, "Sign this book? I'll write my summary about you later." she said opening it up to a blank page. the opposite page held a very well known and ancient hero to the Imperium. She had written that this was a hero and that was it.

He stared at her for a good minute. "You've never heard of the Imperiun?" He asked simply, almost as if he was in shock. "I can accept that you've never heard of me. Many worlds haven't. But not having heard of His Holyness, the Emperor of Mankind's Holy Empire of Man?! Heresy! More than enough reason to execute you right here and now!" He growled, flicking open the holster to his bolter. "And to top it off, you want me to sign a book, even if you've never heard of me?!"

She looked at him quietly. "You've never heard of me, my kind, or my home. I think we are on even terms." she said as the ice went back into the glass, "And if you want to shoot me, please make sure the bullet goes all the way THROUGH my head. I hate having bullets removed from my skull. Apparently someone wants me to die." She gave a small smile, "So good luck with that. A shot to the head COULD kill me....but isn't guaranteed. However, if you calm down I will tell you of my kind....on an even level with you."

"Clearly you've never heard of the Imperium's bolters either... But I'll let that lie for now... As I prefer to know a little of what I'm shooting, so I can do it better each time." He said, his hand still resting on the grip of his gun.
"Now, do go ahead. It could end or save your life, depending on how heretical it is."

She took a deep breath. "I was once a human....my kind.....we were once human....but we were changed at a genetic level to become sort of elementals I guess.....it's hard to explain... but we were meant to be workers in different kinds of areas....an ice side is impervious to the cold....as you can see I can manipulate ice. I do this though my own energy. I have a stronger grip than any human could have.....are you happy now? again......shooting me in the head won't help....it just really REALLY hurts." she said in a soft voice, "I could be in a lot of trouble for telling you all this....my kind....sides....they are supposed to be a secret....You humans created us yet you hate us so much.....why?"

"I'm guessing the Adeptus Mechanicus were the ones to make you then? They always seem to be doing something or another weird like that..." He muttered, letting go of the gun, grabbing his drink again. "So, you're a... bio-something, and you're used as a worker."

"Now, why do you want me to sign your book? As you said, you've never heard of me, so I doubt it's a book about me. Which means you've been sent here to get it for someone. Who and why?" He asked, barely looking at her again.

She sighed. "It was a tradition of my great great grandmother's to get the signatures of heroes and rate their values....." she stared at her glass quietly for a moment.

A mid-aged woman with bright blue hair showed an Id to the bouncers. "I'm a scientist, I've tracked my little sister here. I suppose she gave you some trouble so I'm here to take her to her assignment." she said calmly, "If she hurt either of you my company is willing to compensate you to some degree."

"Only the Emperor can 'rate my value', experimemt. And I have stopped giving away my signatures for free." He said dryly, downing the rest of his drink.

"Yeah, I think I know who you mean..." the bouncer grunted. "And she damn nearly broke my arm!"

Luna flinched slightly at being called 'experiment'. She stared at the glass and wrapped both her hands around it.

The woman chuckled softly. "You'll have to excuse her, this is her first time out of the lab interacting with people. She doesn't realize her own strength. You do have my apologies. I shall collect her and be on my way. She walked in a looked around for a moment, spying her sister she sighed. "THERE you are!" she said pulling a small remote from her hand and walking up behind them, "Well, if it isn't Commisar Thorne. What a coincidence." she said pressing the only button on the remote.

Luna froze up for a moment and then fell out of the chair, writhing on the floor in pain.

"I must apologise for her terrible behavior Commisar. My name is Rain Valentine and this is my worthless sister. I'm from the bio division of the Adeptus Mechanicus. I would like to explain the situation further however it is not for the public's ears." she explained, her thumb still on the button.

Last edited:
Thorne leaned back slightly, as the girl suddenly fell back from her stool. He had started turning towards the voice from the door, but he hadn't gotten all the way there. Yet now, he swung around, to see who was here, and what they were doing.

"I wouldn't say terrible... But your... sister was definitely not acting her best. And with such projects, I can see why you'd need me." He said, before taking his cap, and getting up. He walked around the writhing girl, and walked over to the new arrival. "Lead on then." He said simply.

Rain smiled and released the button. "Get up and come on." she said coldly.

Luna slowly got up and walked over to her sister, staring at the ground. Rain headed out and led them to a small research facility that had been set up specifically for this purpose. She then led them to her office and gestured for him to sit down.

"Now Commisar, I should let you know that what we speak of does not leave the facility. We have discovered a previously undisturbed planet of humans and, with the empire's permission, have used them as our test subjects. This one over here," she said gesturing to Luna, "Is a peace offering in exchange for leaving them be for a few years. We currently have enough subjects anyways but the deal was too good to be passed up. She has proven most resilient to tests."

Luna was standing in the corner quietly now, trembling with pain.

"We have decided to give her to you, her behavior is normally submissive but she was out of range of this." she said holding up the remote, "Now, do you have any specific questions?"

"Yes, a few." Thorne said, glaring at her for a moment. "I have no idea how you managed to bargin for a whole planet worth of soldiers and tithes, but I'm guessing it has to do with titans or superheavy tanks. That is not important, however. What I want to know, is why I'm the one being given the peace offering. My job is to keep the troops from deserting, not do deal with you gearheads."
He turned towards the... thing... in the corner. "And what am I to do with such a creature? Make sure I never run out of ice for my drinks again? And make sure I never run out of drinks?"

Rain laughed at him a bit. "You have more humor in you than I thought," she said, "You are given this peace offering because we told them of your story and said you'd come deal with them. Anyways, as to what you do with her; that's up to you. You can send her out to fight, use her as a maid, whatever you wish, Hell you can kill her for all I care. It'd be a bit of a shame to kill a hybrid. She's not just an ice side but a shadow side as well. she would make a great assassin."

Luna continued to stand in the corner quietly. She wanted to just sit in the shadows to avoid the stares from both of them, it was clear she feared her own sister.

"Wait... You're telling me that you want me to go to some planet with people who has yet to make it to space, has yet to embrace the glory of The Emperor and... Do something or another?" He asked, looking confusedly at her.

Yet in his mind, he was about to thank the Emperor for the oppertunity to get away from this war-zone, to teach some savages of the Imperium!

Rain laughed. "No. I said no such thing. I threatened them that a great hero from the Imperium would come and wreak havoc. You'll have to excuse me, I'm not very good with your language." she said simply, "Luna, leave the room. I need to speak to the commisar about something."

Luna silently walked out seeming a bit down.

Rain then looked back at the Commisar. "What I am about to tell you is not to be heard by her. The two of us are part of the royal family of our home. They know very well how to get to space but they choose not to, preferring to be as far from the Imperium as they can. They know very well of it. That's why I came here to study, my studies in the sciences were limited by primitive values." she explained, "Little Luna there is the heir to their throne. I was expelled from the family for leaving the planet of my own free will. Are you understanding the situation now? I'm giving you the opportunity to hand over an entire planet to the Emperor. I'm not interested in glory. I have enough subjects for my research now and that planet is of little use except for something....Unfortunately I am unable to speak of it....but Luna is not...All I can say is it is something the Imperium would benefit from knowing how to mine."

"A mining world, already filled with people just waiting to become part of the Imperium! And I'm sitting on the heir to their throne! This is turning out better and better!" Thorne exclaimed with a wide smile.

"Not only will I probably get a planet named after me, and have my fame rocketed even further, but I can probably keep a pacification campaign going for years! Years of sitting safely in a command center, against savages!" He thought, before handing her his dataslate.

"Just upload the coordinates here, and tell me what resistance to expect." He said with a smile.

Rain smiled. "Now that's what I like to hear!" She quickly and easily uploaded the coordinates to his dataslate and returned it to him. "You'll want to be careful, they have very powerful magic there which rivals even some of the greatest technology. They aren't as primitive as they seem. They also don't speak your language so you'll need the princess out there to translate for you. However they shouldn't resist too much once they see you have her."

"You know what they say 'kill the xeno, burn the heretic, hunt the witch.' And I'm planning to do exactly that!" He said with a brave smile, as he walked out of the office.

"Frak! I hate fighting magic users... always so unpredictable! Well, we'll see how much it helps against Imperial armor!" He thought, his smile having mostly faded.

"Follow me, experiment!" He commanded Luna as he passed.

Rain had opened her mouth and sighed when he left. "Sheesh, coulda made it easier on him. In such a rush for glory." she laughed softly to herself.

Luna glared slightly at him but started to follow. "I have a NAME human." she growled spitefully in return to him, "And if you don't call me by it I have no reason to call you by your name."

Status
Not open for further replies.