Help Me Out, Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

govangogh

So I'm writing this essay thing on Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. Fine, whatever, but I haven't read the book in like seven years, so I'm a little rusty.

I've cobbled together quite a bit of stuff, but if you guys can think of any moments or quotes in the book that reflect versions of power, as well as the political resources the characters use to obtain power, I'd be forever in your debt. I don't need you to explain your reasoning or anything, just point me to a moment or chapter or something.

...Um. Why are you attempting to write an essay on a book you haven't read in so long? I would've just re-read it if you're trying to write about it -- as it clearly isn't very fresh in your memory after all this time...

Anyway, I also haven't read the book in a while -- and, even if I had read it recently, I'm not sure I'd really be able to point you to specific page numbers or anything...

But um, I did see the final movie of the series recently, so, TAKE WHAT I'M ABOUT TO SAY WITH A GRAIN OF SALT, but a lot of scenes from the movie did refresh my memory of the book, since I'm pretty sure I also wrote about those moments when I wrote a paper on the book some odd years ago. So, uh...

Actually, here, I found a list of noteworthy quotes from the book and stuff. I was just trying to Google a line that I remembered from the movie and I'm pretty sure was also in the book and I managed to find a whole list of them.

The quote I was looking for in particular was the "That's why I killed Cato... and he killed Thresh... and he killed Clove" bit (I suggest you read the whole thing on p. 215). Definitely the first thing that came to mind when I read your post.

...Um. Why are you attempting to write an essay on a book you haven't read in so long? I would've just re-read it if you're trying to write about it -- as it clearly isn't very fresh in your memory after all this time...

Anyway, I also haven't read the book in a while -- and, even if I had read it recently, I'm not sure I'd really be able to point you to specific page numbers or anything...

But um, I did see the final movie of the series recently, so, TAKE WHAT I'M ABOUT TO SAY WITH A GRAIN OF SALT, but a lot of scenes from the movie did refresh my memory of the book, since I'm pretty sure I also wrote about those moments when I wrote a paper on the book some odd years ago. So, uh...

Actually, here, I found a list of noteworthy quotes from the book and stuff. I was just trying to Google a line that I remembered from the movie and I'm pretty sure was also in the book and I managed to find a whole list of them.

The quote I was looking for in particular was the "That's why I killed Cato... and he killed Thresh... and he killed Clove" bit (I suggest you read the whole thing on p. 215). Definitely the first thing that came to mind when I read your post.
Well, yeah, the responsible thing to do would be to reread the novel, but I don't particularly like it, and when you hit midterms you've gotta prioritize the workload because I flat out do not have enough time. Besides, the novel itself is not the important part. This isn't an English class or anything. It's just acting as a vehicle for me to deliver my arguments on power. Which I can actually do quite well, since I remember the plot line of the book. I'm just not able to think of the specific quotes. (but just flipping through the book gives me tons, so I'll survive)

The section you've pointed me to is actually quite helpful, thanks!

EDIT: I should probably make it clear I didn't choose the text.

Well, yeah, the responsible thing to do would be to reread the novel, but I don't particularly like it, and when you hit midterms you've gotta prioritize the workload because I flat out do not have enough time. Besides, the novel itself is not the important part. This isn't an English class or anything. It's just acting as a vehicle for me to deliver my arguments on power. Which I can actually do quite well, since I remember the plot line of the book. I'm just not able to think of the specific quotes. (but just flipping through the book gives me tons, so I'll survive)

The section you've pointed me to is actually quite helpful, thanks!

EDIT: I should probably make it clear I didn't choose the text.
Ah, well, that's better than you made it sound, at least. XD

Good luck, then.

I purged that god awful turd of a novel from my mind, sorry.

Also, you lazy poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.