Help creating cultures/need ideas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tedrick

Original poster
Basura is an apocalyptic desert-planet version of Earth.

I need help with factions, the locations that they are in, how they work, honestly whatever you want to contribute.
I'd really appreciate any suggestions or edits you can make.

Basura

A few ideas for you:

One of the ways desert dwelling species have adapted to life in hot environments is to go underground and come out only at night. Perhaps an industrious faction of nocturnal miner/scavengers who's societal structure is based off of an ant colony?

Maybe a sun worshipping culture who relies on solar or wind energy.

Single climate worlds tend to be subject to extreme weather conditions. Another option you could consider is a smaller nomadic/raider culture that call these sandstorms home, moving with the storms to stay protected.

...I'm not very good at making suggestions, but I figured at least asking some questions would be helpful to your cause, so here you go!

A few questions that may inspire answers:

Category: "Basura"
~You keep on referencing "Humanity".
-Are we (and by we I mean myself, of course) to assume that those who traveled off into space are no longer referred to as "humans"?

Category: "The Williamsburg Militia"
~How did the militia expand to a global-level institution?
~Why is it named the Williamsburg Militia?
~Are there any "famous" officers/upper ranking men who may or may not have a reputation of being tyrannical with their ways?
~Is there any corruption in this militia? If so, how?

Category: "Mercenary Squad"
~How would one make contact with any of these mercenary groups?

Sub-Category: "The Puppeteers"
~You reference black magic here, and I'm curious.
-How did "magic" become a part of Basura?
-How does it work?
-Are there categories and a system similar to the Elemental System, where certain categories have strengths and weaknesses
against other categories?

Category: "Locations"
~How does the transportation from these places work?
-Are there oceans, and if so are there any working boats?
-Is there any form of taxi-like system in place, with carriages and such replacing automobiles?
-What about railroads? Technically, the archaic-like (or at least they'd be archaic by Basura's time period, I'm assuming) would be easy to replicate...even for the not-so-

smart, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.