Hello~

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

An Otaku

Original poster
I don't even know where to begin... *Ahem*

Hi, I'm someone who watches too much animé (if that's possible), reads too many books, and has a horrible sleeping schedule. AO sounds like a cool nickname if you want, but hey, i don't care. I got into writing (novels and such) a long time ago when a friend asked me to make a character of moi for a project of his and I've been hooked on fictional literature creation ever since. That being said... motivation is hard :banghead:.
I've tried to better my writing by joining other RPs before - on other sites - but they all broke down fairly quick. But, ah, this place seems stable enough.

Hmm. As for interests, I can do just about anything Original or Otherwise, excluding certain fandoms I know little-to-nothing about (but even then, I could be game *shrug*). That being said, I used to be a rather avid gamer (Dark Souls, Pokémon, Metal Gear, Undertale, Halo, Amnesia/SOMA, etc.), read plenty of Star Wars novels back when the EU wasn't called Legends, and most obviously I am a fan of animé... if you uh saw my profile name. (Ugh, this is getting long... better wrap it up)

Happy to be here, can't wait to RP - love ya ;)

Reactions: Jarred and PoetLore
Hello and welcome. (:

You're definitely in luck. Iwaku is an incredible community with oodles of dedicated, talented writers with all types of interests and writing styles. That being said, anime is extremely popular, so I seriously doubt you'll have any trouble finding partners/groups that interest you. You also mentioned being into original stories, so you're basically set to go! :D Do you prefer groups or one on ones?

Before I leave you, can I make a suggestion that you check out the Newbie Care Package ? It's a great tool offered to Iwaku newbies... you can get a site guide and tons of (free) swag! (: It's a pretty neat program to help get you settled here, so check it out!

That being said, if you do have questions, don't hesitate to grab a staff member.

Reactions: An Otaku
Welcome! AO is a perfect nickname! So glad you decided to join us! I think you'll find this is a great place to hone your writing skills. There are a lot of creative writing prompts, and helps in the refining writing area. Also, people are pretty active here. I've been a member since September and I am loving it!

Good luck and have fun!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Merci, dear Nav!

I've never done a one-on-one before, but its nothin' I'm against. I also saw the Care Package and was stunned to see such a thing even existed. Like seriously. That's awesome ♡\( ̄▽ ̄)/♡
But I think I'll try to get accustomed on my own for the time being so I'm not bugging people with dumb questions like "WHERE R TEH THINGZ?!"

Still, I am curious about the Earth, Ice, and Fire clans' importance when making my profile. Should I be worried about picking Ice when everyone else is Earth or something?
-0-
And PoetLore (thank you for stimulating my ego, AO it is!), I was so excited to see writing exercies here. I just know I'll be doing those alongside Role Playing. Man, this place is a dream already~

Reactions: Nav
Merci, dear Nav!

I've never done a one-on-one before, but its nothin' I'm against. I also saw the Care Package and was stunned to see such a thing even existed. Like seriously. That's awesome ♡\( ̄▽ ̄)/♡
But I think I'll try to get accustomed on my own for the time being so I'm not bugging people with dumb questions like "WHERE R TEH THINGZ?!"

Still, I am curious about the Earth, Ice, and Fire clans' importance when making my profile. Should I be worried about picking Ice when everyone else is Earth or something?
-0-
And PoetLore, I was so excited to see writing exercies here. I just know I'll be doing those alongside Role Playing. Man, this place is a dream already~

Trust me, they're not dumb questions! :D The newb package is there for that exact reason... to answer all those questions! That being said, don't hesitate about going off on your own and doing you're own thing. 8D Just know that it's a resource that is there for you to use.

Hahah, no, the clan has no impact on anything around the site. It's just an old leftover field that had to be filled with something, so they chose elemental 'clans.'

Lots of us watch anime, read books, and have horrible sleeping schedules in a big time! And of course, almost all of us love to write. xD And I totally get motivation being hard. RPs die everywhere, but I hope you find some that work with you! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

• Thank You
... Right. So this isn't admitting defeat or anything but ah, someone help me.

How exactly does one get a Guide buddy?

Anime? Oh man, have we got some news for you. This site has tons of anime fans. They're overflowing. We've had to build extra rooms to house them all.

Anyway, nice to meet a fellow fan of DS and Halo. Much luck to you in finding some rp stuff to suit you. Here, have this cookie and enjoy your stay!

... Right. So this isn't admitting defeat or anything but ah, someone help me.

How exactly does one get a Guide buddy?

Soooo!

You're going to go that newbie care package link I sent ya, you're going to read through the information, and when you get to the "Instructions" banner -- it's red and black! Click on it and it'll open with a nice little application for you to fill out. Paste your completed application into the thread per the instructions, and viola! Moody will assign you your guide. (:

• Love
I salute you for the profile image and your liking of DS, Dipper, and I also apologize for adding to the mess of animé-loving members here. He-he-heh....
A-and a... cookie? I don't understand but I love it! (〃^▽^〃)

Soooo!

You're going to go that newbie care package link I sent ya, you're going to read through the information, and when you get to the "Instructions" banner -- it's red and black! Click on it and it'll open with a nice little application for you to fill out. Paste your completed application into the thread per the instructions, and viola! Moody will assign you your guide. (:
I feel like I just had my first dumb question with not knowing how to get a Guide, but even so.... thank you ❤

• Love
Reactions: Nav
Welcome to Iwaku :)

Hey there, Otaku-kun! Welcome to Iwaku~

It's always nice to have new members join in who have the initiative to put into good use their love for writing and imagination. Be sure to check out the rules and our Newbie Care Package for some neat resources (Free btw) including a mentor and buddy to help you. Also, you can get a free avi out of it. Free art is always good art :^)

Have fun~

Why thank you, dear Elle Joyner ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ
I remember seeing a few of your RP posts when I was lurking this site before joining (though my reconnaissance didn't help me too much...) and what I saw was so well written. Just ah, wanted to say that (not that the rest of you are bad RPers!! I just saw Joyner in particular).

And oh. My. God. Ocelot-sama!! (⁄ ⁄>⁄ ▽ ⁄<⁄ ⁄) I mean, ah, Revolver! I seriously cannot wait to have free custom art because it is always good, but at the same time I'd feel like a freeloader if asked immediately. I'll give it a week or so and then ask so I look good (⌐■_■)

No such thing as stupid questions. :) It's smarter to ask when you don't know something than to flounder around pretending you do know, right? Also, there's no need to wait before requesting art! There would be no point offering art pieces for free if it wasn't something we wanted to do. Still, if you're interested in the free art, there are also a lot of free graphic art shops set up in Media Shops and Requests. You should check them out!

• Thank You
Welcome to iwaku Otaku! I hope you can get connected with some good partners and start creating some super awesome RPS to get those creative juices flowing. Have fun and enjoy the site!

Hello there, are you by any chances a fellow french user? because some words could give an hint,

unlike many, i'm not really an huge animes fan, but some characters are rather intersting..

anyways, enjoy your stay.

Welcome to iwaku Otaku! I hope you can get connected with some good partners and start creating some super awesome RPS to get those creative juices flowing. Have fun and enjoy the site!
I have in fact joined a group this very day! Just hoping that it goes over well, been some time since I've written anything of note, you see... Still, doing what I can
__φ(..)
Hello there, are you by any chances a fellow french user? because some words could give an hint,

unlike many, i'm not really an huge animes fan, but some characters are rather intersting..

anyways, enjoy your stay.
Je suis désolé, Chapeau. While I dabble in the language, I'm afraid I am of the simple English variety. As for animé itself, I'd have to say its most promising aspect is that it just isn't like anything else. Which can sometimes be bad, but there will always be those characters that completely make up for it.... My avatar may or may not be a nod to that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.