Hello lovelies <3

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soulserenity20

Original poster
Just thought I'd drop by and say hello :)
New to the site but not to the fight :P
I plan on starting up a long over due project of mine about dragons so if you like them, which, I mean, how can you not, let me know :)

I love fantasy RP's. They're basically all I play lol. Also huge on pokemon ;)

Anyways,
It's good to meet you all and I look forward to exploring this beautiful site :3
~Soul

Welcome to the site soul. I'm a big fan of fantasy too. :)
Do you prefer High or low fantasy?

Welcome Serenity :) It's so nice to meet you. Welcome to Iwaku if you need any help or have any questions, Don't hesitate to ask. Have fun ^_^

Hallo Serenity! :D Welcome to the community!

*takes a bow* Welcome and may you have a wonderful time. I love myself a good fantasy and I'm a fellow pokemon fan.

My thanks to all of you for your warm welcomes :)

Welcome to the site soul. I'm a big fan of fantasy too. :)
Do you prefer High or low fantasy?

I'm not sure what you mean by "high or low". If you mean, high level or low level writing, then I'd say that I prefer mid to high level writing :)
However, if you mean do I prefer high as in "alot of" or low as in "very little" fantasy then I'd say I'm about the same. I like creating entire new worlds with all new races and creatures, or I enjoy using the real world, humans and real animals, with magic thrown into the mix or entities of some kind.

:P Hopefully that answered whatever question!

Oh, sorry, I meant like, well;

High fantasy is where the world its self is magical and the characters are just magical as part of the world, whereas
Low fantasy is fantasy in the real world or a world similar to ours, but with magical fantasy elements therein.

So Ilium or lord of the rings, for example, is high fantasy, whereas your Dresden files and harry potters are low fantasy (though that last one is debatable I suppose, seeing as how there's supposedly a "wizarding world" hidden away.)

Oooh, yeah see these are new terms for me haha but you know, I like both, but I think I prefer high fantasy based on your description :)

They both have their merits, for sure. I don't like to pick favourites when it comes to genres; if it's written well it makes me happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.