Hello. I'm new and I'm bad at thread titles.

Jorick

Magnificent Bastard
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy is my #1; I will give almost anything a chance if it has strong fantasy elements. Post apocalyptic, superhero, alternate history, science fantasy, some supernatural, romance, and a few fandoms (especially Game of Thrones) are also likely to catch my eye.
I'm also bad at introducing myself, but I'll do it anyway.

I've been doing various kinds of roleplaying for... 9 years, if I remember correctly, first in MMORPGs (World of Warcraft mainly), then some other chat-based roleplaying (on AIM and such), and then a bit over 5 years ago I was introduced to forum roleplaying. Did some on a forum that wasn't focused on it, enjoyed it, bounced around some various roleplaying forums, took a break from it all for a while after I went into a dry spell with the creative juices, then in the summer of 2012 I went back to the forum I liked the most and stuck with it. Then that site had some issues at the end of 2013 and came back in a less than stable state, which sucked and caused a lot of the community to wither away, so now I'm reaching out elsewhere. Some of the people I roleplay with on that site are moving things here (Kadaeux is one of those people and has already posted an introduction here, and I'm sure others will follow in the near future), so that's the main reason I'm here making an account now.

Uhh... I guess this is the part where most people start listing off personal details. That's the part of introductions that I don't like and spend a long time agonizing over, so I'll just make it easier on myself and use this list of things to answer from the section sticky.

What do you prefer to be called? Jorick. I chose it as a username because that's what I wanted to be called, funnily enough. It's not my actual name or even close to it, but it's the internet name I've been using for years, so it works for me.

Boy, girl, or a mystery? Male, though being a mystery sounds like fun. Probably hard to find properly fitting underwear as a mystery though.

How old are you? 25.

Are you new to the site but not to roleplaying? Yup, as stated above.

Do you like group Roleplays or just a single partner? Groups preferred, but I've done some one on one stuff and it was entertaining. Haven't done that in a couple years though, since I stopped doing MMORPG and chat-based roleplaying.

On a rainy day do you like jumping in puddles, or curling up on the sofa? Computer chair more likely than sofa, but yeah, staying inside is my thing even on days with great weather.

SING IT OUT LOUD! What song is tormenting your mind? Repeat Stuff by Bo Burnham. Also The Loophole by Garfunkel and Oates. I've been in the mood for funny songs lately.

Yep, I think that'll suffice as an introduction.

Reactions: Brovo
*comes out of shadows* Hiya Jorick, I'm HollowEastword or just Hollow *sits on your shoulder* I don't bite so don't be scared to seek me out if you wanna RP...oh and don't worry about the thread titles worry about the content! *jumps of shoulder and runs back into shadows* See ye later new friend!

Greetings Jorick, welcome to us! >:3

With that being said welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your time here. There are plenty of Rps on here for you to look at. Be careful you may find one you like Lol.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

Based on what I've seen in my various explorations of the site so far, I think I'm going to enjoy my time here. All these fancy forum features feel new and exciting after spending the better part of a year using a bare bones forum with barely any features above being able to post plain text, haha.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

Based on what I've seen in my various explorations of the site so far, I think I'm going to enjoy my time here. All these fancy forum features feel new and exciting after spending the better part of a year using a bare bones forum with barely any features above being able to post plain text, haha.
Lol well once you find an Rp that you like I'm sure you'll like it even more

Yup, we got Jorick. Good, good. Mwahahaha. Everyone else will be soon to follow. You're a trendsetter, afterall.

Ah Jorick, you too are part of the Great Migration, you dirty rapscallion, you veracious, suave, seductive, twisted little man.

No seriously though, it's good to see you here. :bsmile:

Ah Jorick, you too are part of the Great Migration, you dirty rapscallion, you veracious, suave, seductive, twisted little man.

I am fairly certain Brovo just called Jorick sexy.

Yup, we got Jorick. Good, good. Mwahahaha. Everyone else will be soon to follow. You're a trendsetter, afterall.
Hah, we'll see. I plan to make mention of the move on the old site, and maybe some people will indeed follow. Who knows?

Yeah bro, couldn't let something like a little site move keep me out of Renalta. What would you all do without Kasim's charming fourth-wall leaning nonsense?

I am fairly certain Brovo just called Jorick sexy.
Well yeah. Is there something wrong with that?