Hello and Good Evening...

• Thread starter QuietlyStalkingShadows
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

QuietlyStalkingShadows

Original poster
Because it's always midnight somewhere, heheheh...

I'm QuietlyStalkingShadows, Shadows or "Shads" for short. I'm 25 years old; going to get that on the table now because I'm not sure what the general age range of this community is and I want no confusion there. I'm a horror fan, and that includes all horror, but I prefer psychological and Lovecraftian horror most. I also enjoy action tales. Bonus points to anyone who can ID where my avatar's from, or who's in the avatar. ;)

I've had some experience in roleplay before, and currently run my own ongoing group of Call of Cthulhu (a horror tabletop RPG, CoC for short) players. Yes, I'm a GM - and I've been one for about 4 years now! I am still learning however, and would love to swap tips with other Horror GMs. If anyone is interested in CoC or would like to learn how to play, I am willing to oblige and teach the game - I might even run a few short things for it, however due to my schedule I am not sure how often I will be able to do so.

I'm a college student and am therefore not on often. I am a Cell and Molecular Biology Major and I have many labs and lots of homework I'm doing this semester, which makes it difficult for me to keep up here. I will do my best however, and for that reason I prefer quicker-paced RPs so that I can do it all in one or a few sittings. I am mostly interested in one-shots and quick scenarios with throwaway characters for that reason; do not expect me to get heavily involved in long, ongoing plots. I just don't have the time.

Other things about me: I craft, making all my own cosplays and CoC props by hand. I draw and write as well; I have some experience in both and I have been writing for almost my entire life. I have a keen interest in the history of the Jazz era, microbiology, and anything oddball. Most things don't scare me badly. I tend to swear like a sailor once you get to know me; if you're offended by that please let me know when I RP with you so things don't get uncomfortable.

That's about all. And lo, the floodgates open.

FLOODGATES AHOY.

Or a hello is better. Hello! O_O Welcome to here!

Well hello there, let us craft something thrilling. I do hope you enjoy it here in the community.

Weeeelcome to Iwaku~

Oh hey thereeeee fellow cell and molecular biology person! I'm only 21, but I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I'm also in lab a... lot, and have schoolwork to deal with, though I actually take the opposite route for that. I like suuuper slow-posting RP's so that the pressure isn't on too high for me to post quickly (I'm a naturally slow person), but when I do post I can do paragraphs at a time. I've never GM'ed anything that's lasted longer than a week, though it may help to note that I also only started RPing about three years ago. I hatehatehate horror, because just about everything freaks me out, my imagination most of all, and I started writing in middle school, so not super long. Can't draw for my life, though I do like to draw up blueprints of houses that I headcanon. Through RP I obsess over character development, and when I write on my own I obsess over worldbuilding.

ANYWAYS, very nice to meet you, I hope you like it here! The typical age range here as far as I've seen is late teens to mid-twenties, but there are also plenty of older folk (not many younger causa the 13-year age cup). You sound fearsome cool, oh, and if you're interested we have a newbie care package, though it sounds like you might not need it.

Thanks all, I've been reading several of the guides and such and have found them very helpful.

Firejay, I like your avatar. :3

• Thank You
Reactions: firejay1
Hey Shadow welcome to Iwaku. Your avatar looks like a shot of Slenderman from the Marble Hornets series. Am I right ;3?

Hi, Shadows! Hot dang, looks like you know exactly what you want. =D That's pretty cool! Are you finding everything alright? Need any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.