Heaven's Nova

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
There had been no dreams. For that reason she seemed to have slept well. She didn't wake up in e middle of the night, so she had no idea that Tra had never come home. With a yawn and a stretch she sat up. Today especially she couldn't linger, not if she wanted to not be rushed to get to the Dancing Dove.

Changing her cloths before she left the bedroom she did take a moment to look at herself in the mirror. Not to check her appearance as much to just settle herself. Now that she was awake she wanted be sure she was grounded and centered. The next few days were likely going to be nothing like she expected and she wanted to remind herself of who she was and what she was.

There was not the serene bliss on her face that Tra had seen more than once upon her features. Instead there was a focus and purpose to her being. When she looked at him there was still a softness, a sweet smile upon her lips, but her eyes told that she wasn't in the moment. "It smells delicious. Thank you."

"Ah, I brought your supplies." He gestured toward the neat stack of items on the table. "I'm sorry I couldn't get you a custom gunbelt, but that one should adjust to fit just fine." He didn't eat, instead just waiting for her to as he spoke softly.

"Almeria, they will teach you the basics on the trip. I know we don't have much time, so feel free to look over the information on the handcomp. It's yours to keep, by the way. For future assignments and whatnot." For a moment, he sat there contemplating the situation. "Please, do take every precaution." There was another long pause.

"You are a confident, capable, charming woman with a strong sense of justice. You were well trained, I am sure, and you will do wonderfully." He stood, moving to her side and embracing her gently. "I will keep you in my prayers while you are on this journey."

She thanked him for the supplies again as she started eating, but he seemed restless, not eating himself. She glanced at the handcomp then back at him. His words settled into her soul, making a comfortable place for themselves to be looked at from time to time. Then he hugged her, and she felt the goodbye, even though it was still a few hours away. An unhappy sigh escaped her lips and she closed her eyes.

"It should not be too long." Was she trying to reassure him or herself. It mattered not she didn't move for a good bit, glad for the embrace. "I imagine you are going to be very busy here despite the Stellar Flare still being repaired." Almeria looked up at his eyes, they were so deep she felt she could fall into them.

Shaking herself out of that, she went back to eating and once she was finished she examined her gear. Not that she thought Tra would forget anything, but it was her responsibility in the end. "This is all going to work out I guess," she said to him as she started putting on the gun belt.

He felt a strange weight settle down on him as she stepped away and started to adjust the belt. Perhaps it was the need for sleep, or perhaps more pressing concerns. Either way, he knew that even burying himself in work would not take the memory of her in his arms out of his immediate thoughts. And without her here, he knew that the demons that haunted him, the quest to find his sister, would press in on him again, chittering and whispering and clawing until he was consumed in his grief.

He'd lived in the dark for so long. And now that Almeria was here, just a glimpse of the stars was not enough. He excused himself from the room, going to tend to his back.

No, a glimpse of the stars was not enough, and for a moment the injustice, the insanity, the perfect shell of an imperfect and befouled world swirled around him. He couldn't stand this. He had to change it, had to get his sister back, had to help Almeria. There was no question of it, and all doubts faded for a moment. He could almost imagine sun on his face. So he might die. It happened to all in the end. He had told her he would take on this burden, but doubts had lingered. But now, seeing her so ready and confident to take on burdens that a lesser person would hide away from, would wrap themselves in a sheet of ignorance to push them out of their mind, he felt a strength within himself starting to grow.

He'd always considered himself a survivor, ever since his excommunication. But that was all he had done, just gone on. In fact, the quest to find his sister had been his main driving force for years, for so long that helping those in need had come dangerously close to being incidental in comparison.

Words of earlier that week came flooding back to him, Almeria's defiant voice ringing in his head. "You do not get to make a half remark about someone's politics when you're playing games yourself. Why should you care if he's good or bad for the faithful?" At the time, he'd had no answer, but now... now she'd given him one.

Love, for his sister. Hope, for the future and what could be made. Potential, for justice and worlds given a chance. This wasn't about those who had died, or those being held for their politics. This was for a chance to live, a chance to let them all live or rest or have the chances they deserved. Alemeria was willing to do what she had to. And that was the real answer. There was no valor, there was no honor, there was simply good and the need to see that this mission, this sacred trust, went right, hurt as few as possible, and helped all. Tyranny could not be allowed to persist, clothed in flower petals. NO! NO LONGER! NEVER AGAIN!

First Mate Rebecca Molair's Personal Journal

Key Word Search Completed

Pages Shown Below

(...)

But enough about Matt. New recruits are going on this mission. It's the type of cakewalk that we hope most get. Little risk, but still get them to be involved in a real raid. Training will never prepare you for the real thing. That's why I was worried about the newest of the new recruits, one Almeria Ostra. College student, recently taken out of Church custody, and with a priest as her advocate. I was expecting a soft child woman, especially when I saw her petite form. I've worked with Nilla, I should have known better then to judge a book from its cover, but how was I to know that bastard Ryan actually got his hands on someone that could be trained. We will see what the mission brings but i'd bet a months wage in six months she could lead a squad.

Why? Oh that would be after orientation. I signaled her out. She was our weakest link after all. She didn't know protocol, let alone been judged in any training. Sure we were just going to put her in with the first point, guarding the entrance, but even if she was only to add to our numbers I wanted to be sure she could defend herself long enough until she got assistance.

I was going to have to possibly break her, but if that meant keeping her alive then it would be worth it. I think from now on I'm going to ask recruits a few questions before I tell them to attack me. Usually I take out the weakest of the lot, go up to the mats, have them put their gear in the corner, including their gunbelt (don't need any mistakes) and goad them into attacking me. Usually it takes a bit, especially with women and priests. Most women are never taught much in self defense, and the male priests, well, they have silly fears about hurting people.

I thought she was indecisive when I first told her to attack me. Lesson learned, Ostra might be very expressive but that wasn't her confused face, more like her calculating face. I hadn't gotten a chance to tell her a second time before I found myself looking up at the ceiling. Ostra had swiped my legs out from under me. She got my attention with that.

Turns out the little college student might have been a graduate student in history, but her focus was military history, especially the Church's strategies over the centuries. Then she went on to tell me her hobbies included "Reading philosophy, study unarmed combat and doing target practice with mobil targets." I realized we had some sort of armchair strategist. I might be wrong with that assessment. I asked her why she didn't enter the guard with her interest and focus, the look she gave me, as though I asked her if she liked dead puppies, made me change the subject.

Ostra's been well trained, but you can tell its all be safe drills. Little risk to her life. She's adaptable and takes criticism though. I might try to get the captain to steal her away from Ryan.

Hope she doesn't mind bunking with Naidin Kota and her constant talking. Now there's a woman I'd like to put in more authority.

(...)

As far as cakewalks go, we've had better. Hospital ships are tricky. So many medical priests, and patients there for who knows what reason. The damn ship actually tried to outrun us too. A badly placed shot could have made this a tragedy. Thankfully our pilot and gunners are skilled enough that this didn't become an issue.

(...)

Last minute change put Ostra on my team. Looking back it was a good move, but I had my misgivings when I saw her praying just before boarding. Afterwards I asked her what she prayed for. Nice girl, she was asking to avoid any deaths on both sides.

Also a very eerie woman. My team went to recover supplies from the infant intensive care. The nurses must have run off when they heard us coming, leaving their little charges behind. The level of cowardness still makes my blood boil. All those tiny people, completely helpless. Some were sleeping but there were more then a few whimpering or crying. Some in general distress, some in suffering. I can't imagine what some of them were diagnosed with.

There we are heading to the cabinets, and as Ostra passes the incubators she's "shhing", not a completely unnatural reaction. The fact that the babies, one and all, did stop crying was however!

I might have stared. Time was of the essence though and I was quickly gathering up what we needed. Couldn't take everything, the hospital ship had patients, but we took most. We were almost ready to head back when one of our hackers came running in. Right behind him was Church Guards.

There we are, everyone's guns out and no one wanting to shoot. One bad shot and it could have been one of those babies that got it. Guards were thinking the same thing I'm sure.

Bless Ostra and Dillions. They were closest to the Guards. Ostra actually tackled one of the two back guards, taking out both back guard's guns while Dillion took the distraction to flip the gun out of the point guards hand and lay him down with one mighty kick.

Making sure the guards were not going to come to anytime soon we packed up and got the hell out of there. Ostra was grinning like a fool despite the fact that those two guards both took a few good swings at her. She had a shiner forming right before my eyes. I thought she was glad her suicide move worked, when she told me the actual risk wasn't as bad as it looked. Apparently she had been studying Guard training sims and they made her realize some flaws in the standard three man squad and she used that knowledge to get the guns out of both their hands, relying on the rest of us to back her up. Why hasn't anyone else pointed that out? We need to actually have someone studying those sims, ASAP! Make note to Tregest and Hu.

No she was happy because there was no loss of life. Completely confident in this belief too.

An hour later when I conferences with the captain he informed me there were only a few minor injuries and no lost from our side and few weapon discharges so there ought have been zero casualties in the hospital ship. We then went over our supply list to see what level of success we had on this raid.

(...)

Mera can't hold her liquor. Thought college kids were suppose to be able to party hard. Naidin had to help her up off the floor, she was still giggling when they left for quarters.

(...)

It's really unfair. Ostra should not be so cheerful this morning. I saw her last night, she was wasted! How the hell! I need more coffee! ETA for base five more hours.

The first thing Tra did was take a short nap. He found it was difficult to get comfortable in his own bed, though, and eventually got up to go shower. Somewhere between the bedroom and the tub proper, he had changed his mind. He may not have been able to sleep, but at least he could try to relax. He stalked out to retrieve his own handcomp, then returned, running water. As an afterthought, he dug through his medicine cabinet, taking out a small tablet and tossing it into the water.

Within a few seconds, the water started to foam with bubbles. He sighed, sinking down into the bath. He stayed there for a while, reading over any information he could find that might help them. He found himself drawn to every bit of information on mystical weapons that he could find. Once in a while, he would be distracted by bubbles that the handcomp accidentally brushed up against. For a moment, he found himself watching a shiny, iridescent bubble water down the screen. It was lovely, but like most things of beauty, it didn't last, bursting into a shower of soap.

Finally, he departed the bath, dressed, and went to work. He had a few contacts he needed to reach.

The screen at the comm center in Tra's room wiggled and squirmed with lines as multiple reroutes interfered with the signal.

"Please, I'm just trying to reach Tailor Merriwether. She will take my call, please just go get her," Tra said in exasperation to the recalcitrant receptionist.

"Look, I told you, Tailor ain't takin' calls. She's got a lot better things to do than talk to old boyfriends, pretty boy."

Tra snorted and shook his head. "This isn't about the past, Brody, and you know it. I need Tailor's help. I'm willing to pay." There was a long silence on the other side of the comm relay.

"Wait here, 'Shanda. I'll get 'er," was the eventual response.

The screen blanked and Tra sighed. The connection had been lost or Brody'd hung up or the encryption had cycled. Either way, he couldn't risk walking away and missing the return call. Finally, the device beeped once, then trilled three times. Tra hurriedly swiped a decrypter card over a scanner on the station. The screen lit up, revealing a woman with thick, spiraling blond curls and bright green eyes.

"Tra'eve Deleshanda." She had an air of cockiness and a ready smirk. Tra blinked and almost did a doubletake. When he'd last talked to the rebel girl, she'd been afraid of her own shadow.

"Tailor. It's been a long time. How are you?"

"Cut the crap, Tra. Brody said something about money and you needing me."

Tra ran his hand over his face before speaking. "Now, Tailor, please. I do have money, I do need a favor."

"And what sorta favor is that, Tra? You know, I have my own life now. I'm a major in the Kirsashi rebellion. So unless you have a really good reason why I should abandon my post to do a priest a favor-"

"Twenty thousand credits and an Empyrean Sapphire, Tailor. The amount isn't up for negotiation. I believe that should be enough to buy one of those ships you have rusting out in your base."

"You know damn well that I keep those ships in top condition. You also know that they're for the rebellion. Why should I sell one to you?"

"Because I also know that the amount I quoted will get you at least three Starblazer Mark IIIs from Kismet Corp's more generous divisions. You think I've forgotten how this game works?" His voice slipped from business, going softer. "Tailor, I wouldn't bother you for this, but this is a mission that could help both of us in the long run."

Tailor was quiet for a few minutes, then she turned to whisper to someone offscreen before returning. "An Empyrean Sapphire. How big?"

"Fifteen carats."

"By heat's death, Tra, where'd you get a rock like that?"

"Long story. But if you bring me a ship, it's yours."

"... I'll have your ship there in two days. But I'm bringing it personally. Captain Ryan and I have some business to talk, anyway, so may as well do it in person."

The rest of his time without Almeria was spent preparing, buying supplies and virtually emptying the money he had stashed on this particular base. Being a priest and living simply had definite advantages, one being that you spent next to nothing and all your pirate swag and earned coin went directly into savings. He'd have to go to their sister base to retrieve the rest of his credits and other odds and ends, but this was more important than a minor inconvenience, and his room wasn't so expensive that he couldn't pay for it for the next few months up front. Finally, he was ready, and more than that, he found himself eagerly awaiting Almeria's return.

Reactions: 1 person
"Just water, nothing else. A good breakfast and..." Almeria was being particularly expressive. To her left was the Amazonian like First Mate Rebecca Molair, looking down and not seeming convinced of Almeria's explanation. To her right was the curvy and usually talkative Naidin Kota smirking as thou this was all the greatest joke she'd ever heard.

Crew had been disembarking the Dancing Dove for the last half hour, but Almeria had waited so that she could speak one last time with the first mate, who of course had had priorities to see to once they landed. Naidin had waited with her. "Glad to have my space back, but you ain't so bad for double bunking!" the pirate told the curly haired woman. "Next time though...."

Even as they talked Almeria started looking around for a familiar face.

"And we will teach you how to drink properly!"

"I'd rather not. I seen enough of everyone else drinking."

"That m'girl was just a victory party."

"And now we will have a return to base party!"

"Couldn't we all just have dinner?"

"Not good enough!" Almeria laught. Naidin was a character, and Rebecca was in a short time shaping up to becoming a mentor.

"We'll make a proper pirate out of you yet!"

And then despite the sea of people she saw him!

Tra watched as the ship docked. As soon as the light clicked to green and the doors to the docking bay opened, he walked in with the others. Almeria should be coming down the boarding plank any moment, and he didn't want to miss her. He frowned as he found himself waiting and waiting, watching the Dove. He was starting to worry. Had she been injured after all?

Finally, he caught sight of her, sighing softly in relief. He was glad that sighing no longer hurt his back, which he'd finally been permitted to have healed by another on base priest. Tra moved through the crowd, careful not to step on anyone's feet. He lifted a hand to wave to Almeria, trying to get her attention.

When he reached her, he swept her up in a hug, lifting her off the ground and spinning her happily in circles before placing her back on her feet. "I heard some of the others I passed saying that the raid was a success! I want to hear all about it!" He hugged her again, though this time it was mostly an excuse to whisper in her ear. "And I have a surprise coming in for you in a few hours."

Almeria looked at him with a mixture of curiosity and surprise. What exactly had he been up to. Turning she waved to her friends, who were now both smirking. They both knew of Doctor Priest Deleshanda by reputation, but it was Almeria that told them about the very kind man.

Happily Almeria had Tra lead her out of the docking bay. Despite feeling much better then a majority of the pirates she was a bit light headed, not having slept quite as good as she should have because of the excitement that had transpired and having missed out on lunch despite a hardy breakfast. Once they were in a slightly less busy portion of the base she felt more comfortable to chat.

"You missed out on seeing my black eye," she told him with a smirk. With how light the injuries were even those with neglable injuries were encouraged to see the healer priest aboard the Dancing Dove. Almeria was not disappointed to no longer have the throbbing sensation, but had things been different she wouldn't have complained, well not too much. She looked up and smirked at Tra unsure what his reaction to that news was going to be.

He paused suddenly, turning to look at her and gently cupping her face in a hand, looking closely at her. "Their priest did a good job," he said, concern still a bit evident in his voice. He lifted his hand from her face, pushing back a few stray strands of his hair before letting his hand fall to his side.

"I'm glad you are back. I'm also glad you didn't sustain worse injury, not that I thought you would." He offered her his hand and started walking again. "Oh, I hope you don't mind. An old friend might be joining us for dinner. A pilot friend of mine. I hope you like her, though she is a bit eccentric." He smiled down at Almeria, a soft warmth in his eyes. He was so happy to see her, and though he wanted her to himself for a few moments, that would just have to wait. They'd have plenty of time to talk on the ship.

"Now, I want to hear all about your first raid."

While she didn't want him worrying, Tra's concern for her wellbeing was comforting. It was also so nice to see him again. She had been so busy prepping for the raid and then after with the crew in such a celebratory mood she didn't have time to be lonely, but she found herself wishing she could share some of it with Tra.

Really it was amazing how quickly he becames such a large part of her life. "It went well. The plan was executed seamlessly. Those that build those strategies must be very thorough." Almeria barely paid attention to where they were going as she thought back to the raid. "The first wave went through to secure the perimeter. Then we went in. I was with First Mate Molair's group to gather infant supplies." There was a tenderness to her face as she thought back to all those poor sick babies. She just wanted them all to have a chance to grow into their own. It was almost enough to break your heart.

Almeria looked up, realizing she was suppose to be telling her story. "I'm sorry, where was I?"

"Infant supplies," he said, chuckling and palming the door to their suite open. That was strange. Why had he thought of it as their suite? But then, it had felt rather empty without her. "Molair is a good first mate. I'm sure you must have made some impression for that assignment."

Reluctantly leaving her side, he poured them each a glass of iced tea, handing her one and sipping at the other. He took her things, going to put them in the bedroom. "Go on, I'm still listening," he called, settling the bag in the closet. There was no real rush to unpack, after all. He walked back out, pausing to look at her. She made a good pirate. It was strange, the twisted galaxy where a person could be a pirate and a Knight and not seem at all conflicted. This is what the worlds had become.

"Impression? I suppose I did at that," Almeria said with a grin. She stated to lean on the edge of the couch, then thought better of it and flopped down instead, careful to keep the tea level.

"Apparently no one on the Dove was sure what I was good for other then being a healthy young body to swell the ranks. Rebecca, that is Molair I suppose, wanted to make sure the first guard that said 'boo' to me didn't make me turn into a pancake. She told me to attack her, and then wasn't paying attention." Almeria grinned. A lesser person might have tried to punish a recruit for pulling a trick like that, but instead Rebecca took it as her own lesson and then proceeded to go back to the teachers roll.

Sitting up finally she took a sip of tea. It was very refreshing. "Thank you," she smiled up at him. "So, yeah. Back to the raid," she frowned a little by that point. "There were some Church Guards. They tried to grab a member from another team I guess and he swung into the infant care section. There was a horrible moment. Someone was eventually going to lose there nerve and open fire. No one wanted to, but it was going to happen...."

The look she had was conflicted. "I don't want you to think it was heroic. I just saw the opportunity and the need was great." She could analytically explain the steps she took in disarming the guards, but it still didn't tell the story. She took a large gulp of her tea.

He sat down, listening to her closely, giving the occasional nod. When she reached the part about heroics, he leaned forward.

"'Modesty is a true sign of a devout mind, but false modesty only lessens the chance for future impact,'" he quoted. "What happened, Almeria? I want to hear of your adventures." He slid from the couch down to the floor, extending one leg and bending the other up to rest his free arm on his knee. His back was against the couch and he sipped his tea again, looking up at her. He looked so relaxed! And honestly, he felt relaxed. Despite all that was happening, she was here, safe, and had made a good impression. That last bit would make things much easier.

There was a soft chime then, and he waved dismissively at the comm system. "Let voicemail get it, I want to hear your story."

Almeria gave a small nod, feeling somewhat shy to tell the story, not reluctant, but it sounded so impulsive. It had been impulsive, but nessisary! "Me and another, I can't say I recall his name, we were closest to the guards. Disarming them was of course the most important thing. No firearms, no discharge."

Closing her eyes she tried to be there in the moment once more. "There's a standard position the guards use in a three man team. It's usually fairly effective, but if you can take out the right rear guard, not even take them out, just grab them in front, on the side, you can use the momentum to kick out the left guards gun as well. Basically grab, kick, pull down. Two guards momentarily without weapons, and the front guard distracted." Almeria opened her eyes and looked at Tra. "That's pretty much it. I only got a black eye for my trouble so I see it as a completely successful maneuver." Of course she couldn't believe she pulled it off with men that had years of training and were each twice her size. Her use of the sims suggested it would work, but humans were much more unpredictable then a sim could produce still.

"I wouldn't be surprised if they still don't know what had happened."

He frowned for a moment. That had been quite the risk. Either she had much better training than she had let on or it was sheer dumb luck. He wanted to be stern with her, to tell her that she could have been killed. He also wanted to hold her, congratulate her, and try to learn more about her.

He settled for taking another sip of tea, then speaking softly. "Your training must have been very good. It was wonderful of you to save the little ones." He smiled genuinely at that. "They need someone to look out for them." Tra set his glass aside, standing and walking to the comm center, which was chiming again.

"Hrm, Tailor will be here early. We've got a few minutes, though. Did anything else happen?" He leaned on the couch, looking down at her with that lopsided grin and his hair falling in his face.

Almeria took a moment to think. "I don't believe so. It had been my hope that there would be no loss of life if at all preventable. It seems it was," she was still happy about that. "Both sides after all, their primary concern was life. Just like the little ones. So many were crying when we first got into that level. Little things so stressed, and of course not understanding." Almeria had curled up, placing her head on her lifted knees.

So much had happened in such a short period of time that Almeria wanted to be sure since he was curious that she told him all. "The nurses had left the infants. There wasn't anyone to calm them, to ease them of there suffering and fears. I might have fallen a few steps behind the others, but it was worth slowing down." Almeria smiled and sat her glass down. "Cooing or sleeping is much better for sick little ones. The ones that stayed awake, they had such bright curious eyes too." Almeria let out a small giggle with the brief happy moment in such a stressful moment.

"Maybe I should clean up before dinner?"

He raised a brow at her, contemplating and then nodding slowly. "Please, feel free to do so. We'll be meeting her down at the docking bay." Tra seemed almost mirthful, excitement and secrets in his expression. He took their glasses to the sink, cleaned them, and started tidying the small apartment. Apparently, this Tailor had some effect on him, for he seemed intent on getting the place looking nice.

He opened a drawer, glancing within to make certain that the envelope was in it. Just as quickly, he shut the door, humming and suddenly breaking into a run, trying to beat her into the bedroom and shutting the closet door. "Sorry, that's part of the surprise I have for you. Can't have you seeing it ahead of time." He winked, humming and walking over to check his messages at the comm station, picking up a brush and hairtie on the way and working to tidy his hair.

I'm buying a ship for a woman with almost a third of my money. The realization hit him and sent a sudden chill through him, followed by a rush of heat. Of course, he admired Almeria, but normally he would have just bartered passage places. But he was buying. a. ship. Oh...no.

Tra's sudden appearance ahead of her, shutting the closet door startled Almeria, but he seemed to be enjoying himself with this surprise. She smiled and shook her head once he quickly exited. It was nice to see him in such a good mood. In fact she was thrilled to be able to see his smiling face again. And the way he was so interested in her story, well having his attention was enjoyable.

Almeria washed up quickly before walking back into the bedroom Picking out the favorite oh her new outfits Almeria took a little extra time to be sure she looked nice. Not that Tra had seemed to mind how she came off the ship, but that had been, well, work. Now she could be a bit more relaxed with herself. Taking one last look at herself in the mirror she was satisfied. She wanted to look nice for Tra after all.

With a blink she paused. The truth though didn't change upone further thought.

"Right," she finally said to herself. She wanted to look nice for him, she was decently sure she looked nice enough, and if she was being a little silly she was the only one who knew that. At least that's what she thought. Smirking to herself, silly or not, she exited the bedroom. Ready to meet Tra's friend.

Tra turned when she came back into the room, nearly dropping the hairbrush in the process. There was something off about his usual smile, and he hoped he didn't look as suddenly nervous as he felt.

"Ah, yes. Well." He hesitated for a moment before offering her his hand. "Shall we go?" He focused on not staring at her, then found himself wondering if looking away would reveal too much. In then end, he gave small glances to her now and then, otherwise trying to find something to watch on the walk down. He'd been content with caring for her, or so he had thought. He hadn't realized just how much he cared, though.

They made their way back down to the docking bay, where two ships that hadn't been there before were still hissing and popping as they adjusted to sitting in gravity. The first and larger of the two had a few scorchmarks on it from past battles. It was shaped like some bizarre shelled beetle, hunkering down on its struts. It looked large enough to comfortably house a crew of fifty, and the dark grey of its exterior was painted here and there with battle slogans and pictures of knights riding to battle.

The smaller ship was sleeker, less like a beetle and more like a vespid. It curved gracefully, the outer hull painted a grey so dark it was almost black. It was only big enough for a small crew, perhaps fifteen at most, but it appeared heavily armed and armored. It was on the ramp to this ship that two people stood, chatting companionably. Brody and Tailor.

He looked Brody over first. The redheaded man was glad all in grey, a lethal looking hand cannon on his hip. His short hair was trimmed tidily, his facial hair just as clean and combed looking. Then there was Tailor. She'd changed so much. She stood with confidence where before she had been timid and jumpy. Her low slung blaster rested on her thigh and belts crisscrossed hips of a woman who was no longer emaciated and frail looking. Curly blond hair hung to her hips, tied back out of her face and intelligent green eyes and a quick smirk were evident to Tra long before they crossed the docking bay.

They finally arrived, Tra letting Almeria's hand go to reach out to shake Brody's.

"I didn't realize you were accompanying Tailor on this trip, Brody." The words were less statement, more a question.

"Figured she needed her best gunner along, just in case things got hairy. Besides, someone had to fly the Mystic," he said, hooking his thumb over his back at the larger ship. "We only brought a skeleton crew, but we're hoping maybe some of your refugees might be more for the life of making the worlds a better place, yeah?"

Tra grunted softly, neither denying the veiled insult or really acknowledging it. Instead, he turned to Tailor. For a moment, she stared flatly at him. He sighed, shaking his head and offering his best smile. It was then that she laughed, breaking into a bright smile.

"Deleshanda, I never thought I'd see you again after last time."

"Yes well, I never meant to fall out of contact. OH! My manners have failed me. Brody Night and Tailor Merriwether, this is Almeria. Almeria, these are some old friends of mine."