6. Prestige
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
fantasy, modern, modern fantasy, romance, light sci-fi
Hi, I need help ;^;

For some reason whenever I try to post with my laptop, it doesn't work. By that I mean I'm able to write up the post, but whenever I hit "post" (or "save" when I'm editing) nothing happens. It's affecting both threads and conversations (profile status is working normally)

It's odd. None of the web browsers I have work (opera, edge, chrome) And it's only on one specific laptop. I'm using mobile to post at the moment.

I would really like not to have to type on my mobile forever so could someone help me figure out what's wrong? :<

Another note: there had been a point when it started working again, but now it stopped. I can't figure out what I did to trigger it.

just a random thought, but have you tried switching between the rich text editor and the BB code editor? by clicking on the little cog. I know when I was using an older computer the rich text editor would sometimes lag.

• Thank You
Reactions: densagara
Test

!!!!!!! It worked! Amazing!!! O: O: O: O:

Oh gosh, thank you thank you thank you!!! ;^;

Reactions: Sidhe
you're so welcome! I'm glad it worked, I was kind of just half guessing lol

I think I broke my editor again ^^; I'm not sure what to make of this...

Soooooo...after posting above, and seeing that it worked, I tried to edit that post and see if I could save an edited post. I...I think it's not working again, even with the toggling. I've tried several times >.>

This post now is being done on incognito (cause it's happened before that when I was having trouble posting normally, posting it through a private web browser worked). Trying to see if it works here.

Nope. Not working anymore. This sentence is being written with intention of posting on mobile. This is so odd...

Adding here that sometimes I can post, sometimes I can't. It's a weird on-off thing and I still don't know why it happens.

Have you tried reinstalling your browers fresh? Or updated them recently? Internet connection is good? You might need to reformat your laptop unfortunately if no solution is found.

• Thank You
I'm not sure if it's just because of my laptop, because it started happening on my mobile too. I tried to reinstall chrome when it first happened. I don't want to reformat my laptop...so I think I'll just wait it out and hope it fixes itself. It does that eventually.

Just thought I'd jump in here and say it's also happening to me! Strangely enough it only seems to work on mobile, thank god I'm getting into the routine of being able to use my phone for writing.

Let's hope it eventually works! <3

Are you using an ad blocker by any chance? If you are then try disabling it and refreshing the page after because sometimes it will stop the buttons from being clickable, though I've never heard of this issue popping up on mobile too :/

• Useful
This seems to be a good solution so far. I've been having trouble posting again, but after I removed adblock for this site I was able to post without issue. Hopefully it won't happen again XD

Thank you so much for your help!

Still experimenting with this new theory. I was using OPERA and it was working when I posted my message above. I tried to post something else but it wasn't working anymore.

Now I've switched to microsoft edge and discovered that this works. For now. I wasn't using any adblockers here to begin with, but I did disable the block tracking setting now in case that also affects this issue.

Neither opera nor edge are working now. I'm still very confused why it suddenly stops working. :(

Still not sure why this is happening to you D: What browser does your phone use? Have you tried Firefox?

Hm, do the threads you're trying to post in have fancy text in the title? Sometimes that can affect a person's ability to post and edit. It's a bug that doesn't show up often, but it's a pain when it does.

Still not sure why this is happening to you D: What browser does your phone use? Have you tried Firefox?

My phone uses google chrome. But again, it's not just my phone that's having issues. My web browsers don't let me post too. I haven't tried firefox yet. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Hm, do the threads you're trying to post in have fancy text in the title? Sometimes that can affect a person's ability to post and edit. It's a bug that doesn't show up often, but it's a pain when it does.

Most threads and conversations (because it's also affecting my conversations) I have don't have fancy text on the title. This thread doesn't have it too. Posting on my profile status has no issues though. Just threads and conversations >.>

The interesting thing is I have a work laptop and I have no issues posting there at all. But it's for work, so I wouldn't be able to use it outside office hours.

The interesting thing is I have a work laptop and I have no issues posting there at all
Are your phone and personal computer up to date?

Yeah, they should both be up to date.

Most threads and conversations (because it's also affecting my conversations) I have don't have fancy text on the title. This thread doesn't have it too. Posting on my profile status has no issues though. Just threads and conversations >.>

The interesting thing is I have a work laptop and I have no issues posting there at all. But it's for work, so I wouldn't be able to use it outside office hours.
Hmm...

Have you tried clearing your cache and/or cookies? Maybe switch between iwakuroleplay.org and iwakuroleplay.com?

I tried clearing the cache and cookie before but that didn't work. But also it might not be the issue since I tried this on edge, and before then had never even used the browser once.

I was able to post something on a conversation on my laptop today. But then I tried replying here to report that and it no longer worked. This was without doing anything to try and fix it first. I went straight to this thread, so really I don't know what I could've done to trigger it.

I didn't know that you also used org! XD That's an interesting tidbit right there, but alas switching to .org didn't work.

I just newly installed firefox to see if it'll work on this browser. But it didn't. (Or it did and I'm just being stupid. It didn't work the first time! I just switched to the bbcode editor and it suddenly worked!