Have you ever kept a New Years Resolution?

Starlighter

Consider this the hint of the century
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi
This may seem like a weird time to ask since it's not the end or beginning of the year, but hey - if you're sticking to your guns then the time of year shouldn't matter, right? So - have any of you fine folks ever managed to keep a new years resolution all year long?

Yes, but normally only because I set very very low standards for my resolution. Even the one I count as an achievement was eminently doable. It was very satisfying to get to the end of the year and be like well I did it, good job me.

I've never been one to make any New Years Resolutions but the one time I did make one it didn't stick for more than a few months! I believe I was trying to cut my namesake, Skittles, out of my diet, but the withdrawal symptoms were too strong and I caved one day when I saw that Skittles Sweet and Sour was on sale for a dollar.

RIP.

I wish. I can keep promises to other people. I can't keep promises to myself. I think it was all those years in elementary where they'd make you come up with resolutions. I'd make stuff up just to get my grade and forget about it entirely when the new year came around.

Oh, haha. Nah.

Then again, I didn't intend my new years resolution to be a hard-cut goal, rather more of a guideline, a "whatever do this if you wanna".

I have more or less 100% success rate when I actively make weight-loss related New Years' Resolutions, ayy

I always say I will but it never ends up being the case. I lose motivation when I set goal-oriented resolutions for myself, because it's generally just a stressful thing to stick with when you feel like you're inevitably straying away from it.

Now I try and set loose guidelines. It can be anything that's rather simple to achieve such as improving on art or writing.

Not a single one. I don't even know why I bother to even make any New Year's resolutions because maybe a week later old habits resurface and the work I have tried to do is all in shambles.

I figure I just have to do what I set out to do no matter what time of the year it is. If I want to see change I have to just do it.