Have you ever felt uncomfortable roleplaying with certain people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

XMadnessLoverX

Original poster
Lately, when I'm talking to people online, I start to sometimes get the feeling that certain people could be lying about their age. However, I'm not sure if I have told anyone this, but I am not comfortable roleplaying with minors due to the fact that I do not want to get in trouble at all. About a month ago, I've dealt with a minor who was extremely disrespectful to me. I will not give out any details on here, but that just causes me to no longer want to roleplay with minors. I'm not trying to be rude, but lately it's made me a bit uncomfortable. I don't mind being friends with teenagers, but I'm not exactly comfortable roleplaying with people outside of my age group. How should I say this in a nice way?

High and dry (Or more so, direct).

Just say how it is, to be honest. Simply explain that it makes you uncomfortable to do so. No one should be put in an uncomfortable position on something that is supposed to be a hobby. You're there to enjoy it, to take joy in what you write.

If they are being impolite and rude, then report it/them. If they cannot take that whatever situation is making you uncomfortable and DISRESPECT you for it, then shouldn't be doing something that involves roleplaying.

PS: I'm a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to reasons why someone RPs with another, but with the situation I can guess you are in, It's perfectly justifiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.