Have I come to the right place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Taran Wanderer

Original poster
It's a pleasure to meet you all.

In all honesty, I joined the site because a long time friend (and fellow RP writer) invited me to join her on her quest to come back into the fray so to speak. It has been quite some time since I've delved into the world of writing, but I had recently been dabbling with it again. And boy did I miss it. It was and always has been one of my favorite past times. So, I was ecstatic when I received that fated txt message the other day to come back.

I looked over the Getting Started thread, and I would very much like to take advantage of the Newbie Care Package in its fullest. I wouldn't mind a big sister/brother to help me out on my journey back into the RP world. And definitely wouldn't mind recommendations for some new Roleplays. I tried to fix up my profile/resume a bit, but I’m sure there's a lot that I'm missing. I believe I will be decent at the 1v1 private RPs, but I'm not opposed to group related activities. Just keep in mind that I don't really have much experience with group stuff and clan related activities.

So, a bit more about myself:

I'm a guy that's into fantasy, horror/macabre, scifi, modern, etc. And I absolutely don't mind sprinkling in a little romance if a story calls for it. I love doing original settings/plots, but I also don't mind doing established settings. Such established settings could include any anime, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, etc. Outside of writing, I like to partake in various fitness-related activities (a healthy body invokes a healthy mind, right?), video games (fantasy rpgs, fighting games, some FPS games like Destiny - because they're essentially big rpgs), anime (Fate Stay Night, Sword Art Online, Berserk, RE: Zero, Overlord, One Punch Man, and a slew of romantic comedies). Also, who isn't a fan of Game of Thrones these days? House Stark all the way! I'm also an official member of House Hufflepuff. So, if you have something against the one Harry Potter house that has a (honey) badger as a mascot, I'm sure you already know... I don't give a sh#%. :pirate:

Wow! I really didn't mean to write as much as I did.

TLDR - Hi! I'm new! And I'm excited to be here!

HOOFFLEPOOF! I heard someone in a different community talking about how they were Hufflepuff and how they're loyal and stuff. And that they have the least evil wizards.

So, I can trust you then? CAN I?!?!

Anywho, your interests interest me myself. I am a particular fan of custom/original settings, I spend a huge amount of my brainpower thinking about them! In fact, I've learned most people do, to some degree at least. We all have that one setting that we've nurtured like our baby...

I hope I get to see your ideas sometime! And I hope you and your friend have fun here~

Reactions: Taran Wanderer
HOOFFLEPOOF! I heard someone in a different community talking about how they were Hufflepuff and how they're loyal and stuff. And that they have the least evil wizards.

So, I can trust you then? CAN I?!?!

Anywho, your interests interest me myself. I am a particular fan of custom/original settings, I spend a huge amount of my brainpower thinking about them! In fact, I've learned most people do, to some degree at least. We all have that one setting that we've nurtured like our baby...

I hope I get to see your ideas sometime! And I hope you and your friend have fun here~
Haha. We do have quite the reputation for being voraciously loyal - perhaps to a fault. What sort of setting have you nurtured and created? Would love to see some of your work if you ever get the chance. I definitely appreciate the welcome.

Reactions: Xena Jade
Pft, what have YOU created? This thread is about you, Taran. I just liked your post and related to it, so I wrote what came to my mind.

I focus on sci-fi/modern too, so that's what sooort of spurred it, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.