Guardians of the Galaxy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Razilin

Original poster
Seriously, a week out and NO ONE has posted anything about this movie?

C'mon Iwaku, pick up the slack!

Anyway, just wanted to rant about how revolutionary this movie was.

And no, I don't mean because it was a legitimately funny action-comedy. Because in my view, while good, it was below The Avengers and Captain America: First Avenger, but definitely above The Incredible Hulk and Thor 2.

No, what I mean by revolutionary is because this was the movie that TRULY made the Marvel Cinematic Universe a freaking UNIVERSE.

The diehard Marvel Comics fans will recognize A LOT of the namedrops that toss in thie film.

The Nova Corps, the Nova Empire, the Celestials, the Kree Empire, Thanos and the Sanctuary, the implicit existence of the Celestials....

They're laying the foundations for the COSMOS of the Marvel Universe.

On Film.

An. Entire. Universe.

The only things missing were references to Skrulls, the Shi'ar Empire, alternate universes, Squirrel Girl, and Galactus.

I don't think any company has ever tried to lay the foundations of an entire comic book COSMOS on film before.

Needless to say, I was nerding the fuck out, and my wife just looks at me in the theatre like I'm a dysfunctional squirrel on a sugar high.

So hells yeah, I loved this movie. Hell, even the post-credits stinger actually made me like the secret character they revealed. Because the movie was released exactly 28 years after that characer's one and only movie bombed like a nuke and never survived the fallout.

Anyway, let's hear your opinions on the Guardians of the Galaxy!

• Love
Reactions: Fijoli
shhhhhhhhhh I am going to see it tomorrow.....GRRR

I'M HOOKED ON A FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELING

I'M HIGH ON BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVING

I loved the movie. I don't know what else to say .-.

Marvel is obviously forshadowing Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet for either Avengers 3 or something else, but I wonder just how that's going to be adapted to the silver screen. Thanos
kills exactly half the Marvel Universe
in the Infinity Gauntlet and his battle with
nearly every major cosmic being destroys the rest of it
, so I wonder how Marvel will handle that.

Probably the same way they handled Ultron.

By doing something different with it.

Btw, anyone noticed that the Infinity Gauntlet is in Odin's castle's treasure room? (its-a-blink-or-you'll-miss-it Easter Egg for those who caught it in Thor 1 when the Frost Giants tried to sneak into the castle).

...and as of Thor 2, Loki has control of the castle.

...Which has the Infinity Gauntlet in its storage vault.

...Which is in Loki's control.

...Who as of Avengers 1 is working for Thanos.

And suddenly I think I know how Avengers 3 is going to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.