Guardian Character's Guidance

"Midday, if memory serves. That aside, I couldn't afford to miss seeing you. Turns out that there's something that I've really wanted to say. It's a little embarrassing, but there isn't really anyone who I can trust with this, apart from you."
John looked awkwardly to the floor, despite the only other sentient being actually present being Jet. Even then, Jet was simply looking away, knowing full well what was going on between the two. They were both adorable, in their own little way - how they both seemed so awkward with each other at times, even though they got along swimmingly. How either had likely not realised they loved each other until they were told, and even then, they were unable to perceive the telltale sign that they were infatuated. Jet had seen how elated John was at hearing Sen's voice over the phone - and it warmed his cockles to know that John was realising himself.

"I have something I really want to tell you too..." Sen said blushing taking a deep breath, "John, I...I love you..."

It was at that moment that Sen's heart thumped loudly in her chest. Kura's face read nothing but disbelief and she couldn't believe that Sen had actually managed to say it. She wouldn't have believed it if she hadn't witnessed the shocking confession herself. It was easier than Kura thought it was going to be. Now of course it was John's turn... That is if he hadn't burst into glitter and rainbows from the possible joy he was feeling. Kura wondered what Jet was thinking right now. He would probably be just as shocked as she was. Sen was normally not so bold, but ever since she had truly gotten to know John, that had been starting to change. Well, maybe it was just something that John had that others didn't. Kura looked at Sen and Sen continued to look at the ceiling, not daring to look at Kura...

There was no sound - nothing, for a few tension-filled, clueless moments, where John attempted to process the thought that Sen had been mirroring his feelings as well. At first, his mouth opened and closed intermittently, his speech nothing more than awkward stutters. Eventually, after he sighed, he managed to force out a comprehensible sentence.
"You idiot," he began, seeming to shake a little, "You're not supposed to say that over the phone. You're supposed to tell me that when we meet, so we can embrace each other, and you can see that I cry not out of sorrow, but purely out of joy. Besides... I was supposed to confess first..."
John, smiling brightly through the tears, sniffed. He wasn't used to such a wonderful feeling - his heart seemed to be trying its utmost to force its way out of his chest, his shoulders lurching intermittently with his joyful sobs. "Oh, forget it, what I'm trying to say is that... I... Well... Oh, to Hell with it, I love you!"
Upon hearing these words, Jet nodded approvingly, like an older brother watching his sibling learning how to ride a bike, or solving a particularly difficult problem. His little boy wasn't so little any more - John was developing. He was finally realising something - that it was fine to be human.

Kura smiled at Sen, starting to fade. It was about time Sen started a new dream. Sen hadn't noticed that Kura had started to fade because of the imminent joy that she was feeling. Sen smiled and she cried at the same time. She was shocked when she felt the tears sting her eyes.
"When we meet tomorrow... you can say it first." Sen said, her words broken in between her own sniffles.
It was safe to say that Sen wasn't used to the feeling either. She almost couldn't believe it was happening. It was much too dreamlike. So surreal. It was a moment that more or less made Sen realize, she didn't need her father acceptance to be happy or to have a life and be successful... She just needed the love of someone she held dear. Sen wasn't a hopeless child trying to get her father's attention anymore. Now she was Sen. She was purely Sen.
After a few moments, Kura waved to Sen before completely disappearing. Sen noticed that Kura had not said anything upon John's reaction. She turned around expecting to see Kura fluttering about, but she wasn't there.
"Kura-chan?" Sen called.
She walked into the bedroom (still on the phone, waiting for John to respond of course) and Kura was not there.
"Kura?" Sen felt her heart thumping loudly and she was beginning to worry... however, with John on the phone... she didn't feel such a strong urge to become too worried.

"My my, you've grown quite well. You've finally found your passion, John. You've finally found someone. It's bittersweet, really, how this ends... Give Kura and Sen my regards. John..."
John, oblivious to Jet's reserved mumblings to himself, swallowed, and replied to Sen. He could not see that Jet was slowly fading, as his drem came true - that somebody would finally ignite the fire within him, that his burning passion would become a roaring flame once more. He could not see the flow of embers emitting from the Character's hands, head and feet. He couldn't see the tear in his companion's eye as the inevitability of it all sank in.
"But you've got to say it as well. It just isn't the same without you telling me you love me as well. Even now, it's just... Wait, what about Kura?"
It was ironic - the very thing that was making John so happy, would be something that would make him so sad. He could not see what, just yet, however - he nly vaguely registered Jet speaking, before his tiny figure burst into flames.
"I don't want to go..."
Though Jet's clothes were not affected, the CHaracter himself was shooting tongues of fame from his limbs and head, engulfing every inch of exposed skin, his being fading away with every passing second. He grinned at his owner, for wht he deemed the last time, and reached out to knock him playfully on the side of the head, as had been done to him so many times.

He never made it.

"I don't see her... I don't see..." Sen didn't make a single sound as tears flowed freely down her face.

It was the end of what had been long road. Kura had faded away completely as there was no longer any need for her to be around. Sen didn't even get her chance to say good-bye. Even though Sen knew it in her heart to know that Kura had disappeared she searched her room entirely, every nook and cranny hoping that she was wrong. And then she checked the small bed right beside hers and stroked the sheets like she had done every day when she woke up. But the only difference was that Kura wasn't there. It was all too real. Sen felt as though a piece of her had gone missing and even though John was still on the phone, she cried like she hadn't cried in ages... no sound just tears... and she waited for John...

"Sen, is something wrong? Sen?"
John, unable to see what was happening, or hear, looked behind him, expecting to see Jet's tiny figure waiting to bestow advice upon the lad. However, there was no such character there. There were no scorch marks from when he had gone, no evidence tht he had ever been there - maybe the egg holder Jet had retired to at t end of each day, but that was essentially it. John, in his shock, dropped the reciever. Jet never left his side - he never trusted the boy enough on his own. He hadn't told him where he was going. He never told him what he was doing. And he hadn't even left a note. "Jet? Jet?! COme on, don't scare me like this!"
Every inch, every corner, every area of his room was searched. John didn't want to let go. He didn't want Jet to leave. But it was inevitable - the character had left, and John had lost him.
John sank to his knees, and with a wail that conveyed oonly the deepest sorrow he could wrench from the recesses of his heart, he let the tears flow.

Sen could hear the wail through the receiver. Her hands trembled only in realization of some twisted irony that both of their guardian characters had left them. It was like looking through a mirror. Sen could feel the sorrow from John from where she stood. She stayed on the phone simply out of ideas on what to do. Sen wanted to be there to support John herself, but it was late. Transportation wasn't the problem, it was getting past her father who if by some chance decided it would be a good night to go and entertain his guests, the butler would be more than happy to take Sen over to John's...

Still she pressed her cell phone close to her ear, listening. Sen couldn't take the pain she could feel from John... it shattered her... made her ache with sorrow. However, she did something her old self would never have done. Sen actually considered the idea of breaking the rules, just for this one night. She didn't even know the location of John's house, so one could say she walked aimlessly as seconds turned to minutes, her eyes flooded with tears. Sen walked until she approached a house, not so grandeur as her own. (I am leaving it up to you whether John says or does anything during this time, seeing as it takes Sen roughly forty minutes to get to his location)

Her heart thumps in her chest and she knocks on the door bloodshot eyes, white night gown, and without Kura.

John was, like before, empty. He was a shell of a boy - at that point, he was just sitting on the couch, staring morosely at the floor. He couldn't think - nothing came to mind. He was just acting on instinct when he opened the door, his eyes red and bloodshot, his clothes dishevelled. Even the tears that had briefly streaked down his face had left their mark. He looked blankly at Sen, his gaze unfaltering in how it was expressionless, and he said nothing. There was nothing for him to say. Jet couldn't tell him anything. He was just... There.

"Baka! (equivalent of idiot in this context)" Sen says to John, "You were supposed to say it..." Even with the tears that flowed freely from her face she pulled John into a warm embrace. "I love you..."
She noticed how emotionless he was and Sen wanted to pull him out before he drowned in his sorrow. His face told her all she needed to know about what had happened. A parallel about what had happened to her. Sen had made a promise. Even if John resorted back to his old ways, Sen would make it a point to be there for him. Even if he didn't want her to be. She held John close, like a child would their best friend. There was nothing Sen could say, but she waited for John... she seemed to be waiting for him a lot this time around.

Though broken, John was still fixable. His arms, almost on instinct, wrapped themselves around Sen, slowly embracing her, until he finally held her close, as she did him. All long, to ignite his passion, all he really wanted was somebody who would hold him close, and reassure him. He had gotten more than that - he had found love, friendship, someone who actually cared for him. Jet had passed, but he had gone knowing that his goal had been achieved. And so, John took some small solace in this, and embraced Sen at his door, still remaining wordless.