Group RP for Science Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't put up a wall just yet....Maybe later

Take your time. I just wanted to write about the orcs because everyone always makes them into a generic Chaotic Evil band of rapist and murderers. Got to put a bit more class than that behind them, I figured.

However, I do think we should establish our group's goal before working the worldbuilding. The only thing we have got so far is that they are elves and they have awesome bikes.
I agree. I've thought a little into the matter and because they look battle ready in the picture, I was thinking they could be a group of rebels, possibly leading a rebellion against the orcs.

Sounds cool. I'm guessing the Sheolred Empire? They are trying to take over the former Elvish lands after all.

Noice. So our rag tag group of peeps are trying to gather a force to repel the Sheolred Empire from the Elvish lands. Sounds simple enough. Who's our allies?

Noice. So our rag tag group of peeps are trying to gather a force to repel the Sheolred Empire from the Elvish lands. Sounds simple enough. Who's our allies?
Humans, maybe? Just for trade and stuff? I only plan for it to be the elves that rebel and attack the orcs so.

Hmm. Might bring up some complications, but we can work on that. The Sheolred Empire still honors their agreement with the humans, so they actually won't fight against humans. Much drama to ensue if they figure out humans are helping the elves fight against them. So how exactly would our group stop the Empire though? I don't imagine that we're that badass that we can take on their entire army. I was thinking that what we could do is try to instigate a sort of civil war amongst the orcs, and that's where our strike team comes in and tries to take out the leaders so our allies could take over and change how things are ran in the Sheolred Empire.

Hmm. Might bring up some complications, but we can work on that. The Sheolred Empire still honors their agreement with the humans, so they actually won't fight against humans. Much drama to ensue if they figure out humans are helping the elves fight against them. So how exactly would our group stop the Empire though? I don't imagine that we're that badass that we can take on their entire army. I was thinking that what we could do is try to instigate a sort of civil war amongst the orcs, and that's where our strike team comes in and tries to take out the leaders so our allies could take over and change how things are ran in the Sheolred Empire.
A large group of rebels composed of elves? I'm not trying to imply that only the four in the picture would be going up against the orcs in combat. They'd be more like the leaders of the rebellion.

Oh, kay. Now that we have an idea of what we're doing, we should get to lore building for the elves. Not really my field of interest however, so I'll rely on you guys for that. Oh, one important question though: Are there gods in this world, and if so, how often do they get involved with their worshipers?

Oh, kay. Now that we have an idea of what we're doing, we should get to lore building for the elves. Not really my field of interest however, so I'll rely on you guys for that. Oh, one important question though: Are there gods in this world, and if so, how often do they get involved with their worshipers?
Gods... Would you mind expanding your explanation on that a little? Do you mean like "is there a god they worship" or possibly, "are there humans who are deities and live in this world" sort of thing? I don't plan to make "Gods" as species in this futuristic setting, if that's what you're trying to convey to me. I honestly don't think we'll be diving much into the religious aspect for a society such as this one, since things like technology and landscape, as well as factions, and all that good stuff is more important than religion.

Well, it's just as I mentioned in some of the orc fluffs, they have a "Creator", the Goddess Xia. She's dead. Than they had a new one, the Demon Lord Karnage. The orcs killed him. I was just wondering if the elves, humans, or dwarves have something similar that may get involved later in the story. I mean, I don't intend to turn this into a holy war or anything, but the orcs would boast "We killed a god" when possible. Also just as a handy source of immense magical powers, as the Xia Shards are also things that may get some use later in the story (At least I intend for my character to come across it).

Though if the other races have a religion, that would be nice to know too.

Well, it's just as I mentioned in some of the orc fluffs, they have a "Creator", the Goddess Xia. She's dead. Than they had a new one, the Demon Lord Karnage. The orcs killed him. I was just wondering if the elves, humans, or dwarves have something similar that may get involved later in the story. I mean, I don't intend to turn this into a holy war or anything, but the orcs would boast "We killed a god" when possible. Also just as a handy source of immense magical powers, as the Xia Shards are also things that may get some use later in the story (At least I intend for my character to come across it).

Though if the other races have a religion, that would be nice to know too.
Ah, that's what you mean. Well, at this point in time, I really don't know. I want to focus on other things first.

Alright, take your time. We're world building here, so we can make this stuff up as we go.

Elves technology is mostly a mix of magic and machinery. Unlike the dwarves, whose constructs are powered by the raw power of magic, elves tech actually parts bounded together by complicated spells weaved into the material. Because of this, the simplest elven craft requires the user to have at least some basic knowledge of spell casting, or risk exhaustion, even death in extreme cases. The spells serve only as gateways, to active them the user will have to pour mana (magical energy?) into the item. Since the other races lack the large mana reserves that elves have, or at least the ability to channel mana without artificial aids, elven wares are of little value to them and weren't considered trading goods. Therefore, elves do produce another type of weapons, filled to the brim with mana and can be active anytime by anyone. However, once run out of charges, these will turn into useless junks until recharged once more.

As for transportations, elves favor legs over wheels. They keep a variety of mounts, from simple horse-sized animals to colossal beasts. Over the years, with their advancement in the field of genetics and biotechnology, elves have modified their mounts with either magic, cybernetics or forced evolutions, shaping many lifeforms to suit their purpose. Living mounts have the advantage among the dense forests of elven lands, however, when brought to open field, they could hardly match the speed of bikes and cars. Some elves have developed a type of engine that runs on mana, but since the strains on the rider would be too much over a long period, they charged certain rocks with mana to use as fuel. Researches are still going on to find the perfect material for mana, that is both stable and durable. Elves have the advantage on air. Some of their mounts can fly, and with proper adjustments, can either fly alone or with a rider (dragons with laser machine guns and rapid fire anti-tank canons = FUN!). There were also teleporters, which can instantly take a person from one place to another, but stations will have to be established on both ends with enough people around to maintain them, and they can't take too many people at a time (a group of ten +portal = explosion!)
I will add more later...Still have a couple more ideas but time is a bit tight right now.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I hadn't expected so much information but I'm glad it's come to this. The roleplay becomes more developed like so. I've been lurking around here and brainstorming stuff. Not sure when I'd be able to put my ideas out because I have a lot of stuff to do today. Besides that though, thanks for the contribution Mr Stabby! (:

Status
Not open for further replies.