Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RH

Original poster
Hello everyone, RH here.

Not really a veteran in roleplaying, nor a beginner. I'd say I'm in somewhere in the middle. I've come from a short hiatus (not on this site, of course), and I was browsing through the net when I saw this site. Very similar from where I came from, and it seems to have quite a nice community.

That said, I'd like to ask if quest RPs are welcome here?

Hey and welcome. I'm not gonna click that link, but if you're talking smut, it goes in the redstar bedroom sections.

I'm not gonna click that link

Fair enough.
but if you're talking smut, it goes in the redstar bedroom sections.

Not necessarily. Think of it as something that is more on the side of being a "choose-your-own-adventure" kinda thing, where the GM/author would be in full control of everything (the story, the characters, etc.), while the participants/players choose on a presented set of options that would lead to different routes.

If you're familiar with VNs (visual novels), then it would be just like that, only without the visual part.

As long as it follows the rules of the forum, I don't see why not! Welcome to Iwaku, RH!

As long as it follows the rules of the forum, I don't see why not! Welcome to Iwaku, RH!

Alright, I guess I'll let the forum users be the verdict as to whether or not it will fit in the usual RP schemes!

Anyways, thanks for the welcome guys!

Reactions: PoetLore
Hello and welcome to the site, RH. (: As long as the roleplay follows our site rules, I see no reason why quest roleplays would be a problem. Furthermore, it's been a long time since I've seen someone interested in quests! Perhaps you'll be able to stir up some new interests in our members who are unfamiliar with quest style roleplays.

Hello and welcome to the site, RH. (: As long as the roleplay follows our site rules, I see no reason why quest roleplays would be a problem. Furthermore, it's been a long time since I've seen someone interested in quests! Perhaps you'll be able to stir up some new interests in our members who are unfamiliar with quest style roleplays.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll get working on it soon, and hopefully it comes out good enough to garner some interest.

Reactions: Nav
Not necessarily. Think of it as something that is more on the side of being a "choose-your-own-adventure" kinda thing, where the GM/author would be in full control of everything (the story, the characters, etc.), while the participants/players choose on a presented set of options that would lead to different routes.

If you're familiar with VNs (visual novels), then it would be just like that, only without the visual part.

Ah. Alright. Yeah, I'm sure if you stress the concept when advertising, it wouldn't be an issue. Thread creators are in control of the rules to their threads, so how you run the show is on you, mostly.

Like everyone else has mentioned, as long as it's within the ToS/rules.

Welcome to Iwaku, RH ;)

Ah. Alright. Yeah, I'm sure if you stress the concept when advertising, it wouldn't be an issue. Thread creators are in control of the rules to their threads, so how you run the show is on you, mostly.

Like everyone else has mentioned, as long as it's within the ToS/rules.

Understood. Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Villains
Welcome to Iwaku, RH! I can't say I've ever tried that kind of roleplay, but I'm sure you'll find some people willing to try!

If you haven't yet, make sure to check out our guide to Getting Started.

Status
Not open for further replies.