Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Madusa

Original poster
Greetings mortal! At least, that is assuming you are A. Mortal, and B. I am allowed to greet you. If either of those isn't true, I apologise. If B isn't true, please don't smite me.

Anywho, let's get down to business. I'm Darthrafaël, also known as Darthrafael on other forums, but you can just call me Darth.

Anyway, I am not new to roleplaying, I've RP'd before, just not on here, so let me tell you something about my RP preferences.

First of all, let's start with my characters. I have no problem playing NPCs or multiple characters, I'm quite used to it actually. Gender doesn't matter to me either.

Then let's get to genres. I prefer Fantasy RPs, and dislike anything set in the future. Especially in space. That doesn't mean that I won't ever participate in those RPs. RPs that have Magic in them are always the most enjoyable for me.

Now, onto the 'Star' RP stuff. This is the first forum I've been to that actually has something like this. My stance on sexual content in RPs is this: I can deal with it, as long as it serves a purpose besides it just being there because it's allowed. That being said I'd rather not have to deal with it.

Anyway I have experience in both RP'ing and being a GM, though my posts tend to stay a bit short as I'm not that good at describing things, so any help on that field is something I'd appreciate quite a lot!

Oh, as for my response speed, my timezone is CET, and I can respond really quickly when I'm awake unless I'm busy with something. I tend to be 'available' between 9 in the morning (except in the weekend, when 11 in the morning is more accurate) and 10 in the evening, though I can RP until midnight though less effectively than during daytime (Because I'll be forced to use my phone).

Phew, that's quite some stuff. I hope I covered everything important. If I missed anything, just tell me and I'll answer your question(s)!
I hope to have fun RP'ing with you, so I'll see you around!

Welcome to the site! To get started finding people to RP with, I recommend checking out the Roleplay Connections part of the forum. ^^

Welcome to Iwaku, Darth :) Glad to have ya aboard!

Hiya Darth!! I'm so glad that you've found your way onto our site!

I'm a fantasy buff as well! Magic is most certainly one of my favorite aspects of fantasy roleplaying too, so it looks like we might be roleplaying together sometime in the future!! I look forward to seeing what you're capable of, since you seem to have a similar skill to me! *Raises a chalice* Let's drink grape juice to our future success!

Welcome to Iwaku~ ;D

Hello and welcome! :D Glad to see you here. You definitely seem to have plenty of experience under your belt, so it's always exciting to see some more experienced players joint our midst. If you do end up having any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We're here to help!

Mortal?
Mortal?!
MORTAAAAL?!?!
I am a GOD... And I'm here to give you my blessings. I hope you have a fab time roleplaying in this fair land known as Iwaku. Since you're interested in improving your descriptions you should check out some of the guides in [BCOLOR=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Creative Content[/BCOLOR]. I often go there when I want help with a specific skill. Have fun! :)

Hello and welcome there Darth! (I instantly think of Star Wars when I hear your name, and I'm half sorry for that, I'll try my best to not call you Darth Vader :X)

Anyway! :D I am here to both greet you and tell you about the Newbie Care Package as it is an offer to new members (like yourself) to get a couple of freebies and a guide if you would so like to have one! Of course, it is only an offer and nothing obligatory ^^!

The second link I'm giving you is the Getting Started ! guide as it can be some helpful tips on both navigating and getting started here on Iwaku ^^! If you don't feel for reading you're always allowed to just touch buttons and see what happens xD

Have fun Darth! :D <3

Welcome to Iwaku. :)

Thank you all for the greetings, I'm sure I'll enjoy my time here.

I am currently still searching for an interesting RP to join, though I should probably wait a bit with that since I'll be on holiday for a week by the end of this week, meaning that I'm less capable to RP due to being forced to use my phone instead of my PC. Truly a first world problem, but still.

Then again, if an RP seems really interesting I might join it anyway and just post using my phone, though it will reduce post quality a bit.

My biggest problem with finding an RP to join is that this place is organised in a different way than I'm used to I have to get used to it and figure out an easy way to see which RPs have already started and which haven't yet started. If anyone has any tips on how to work around this problem, please do tell me.

Also, what is basic 'posting etiquette' when it comes to creating an RP? Start with an interest check, make a signup thread of there's enough interest, and then make the IC thread?

My biggest problem with finding an RP to join is that this place is organised in a different way than I'm used to I have to get used to it and figure out an easy way to see which RPs have already started and which haven't yet started. If anyone has any tips on how to work around this problem, please do tell me.
Are you a group RPer? If so, an easy way to find RP's that haven't started with is to browse through the interest checks, as most of the threads you find there will be for RP's that don't have an OOC thread yet, or that have and OOC thread but it was only recently posted.

If you're browsing the Group OOC/Signups section directly, then lots of people just go by the number of pages a thread has. An OOC thread with hundreds of pages is definitely one that has already started, while an OOC thread that only has a few pages and was posted fairly recently has probably not started yet. If the thread is shorter, then skimming through the last couple pages of the OOC also helps, as you may find a recently-posted IC link or people talking about things that have happened in the IC if the RP has already started.

That being said, lots of GMs will continue to allow new players to join even after the IC has started. Any OOC thread that has an "open signups" prefix is one that's still accepting new players.

Also, what is basic 'posting etiquette' when it comes to creating an RP? Start with an interest check, make a signup thread of there's enough interest, and then make the IC thread?
Yup, that's usually how it goes. There's usually also a bit of down-time in between when the signups thread goes up and the IC thread, usually to give players time to post their character sheets. (...Or sometimes it just takes the GM a while to actually get around to making the thread. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Also, you don't have to start by posting an interest check. Some people go directly to the signups phase. However, I personally would strongly recommend starting with an interest check. Interest check threads are good for posting a rough idea of your RP before it's fully fleshed out, to gather interested players early and have more time to work on the fleshed-out OOC (while also hearing feedback from the players who post in the interest check to improve your RP idea and add stuff that you hadn't thought of before). It also ensures that you're starting the signups phase with at least a small handful of interested players already on-board, so that you don't have to worry about not finding any interested players after you've already put so much time and effort into the OOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.