Greetings, countrymen and women.

SylvanVarain

Edgebabby
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
And welcome to my stables.

I go by Sylvan in these parts, a name I lifted from a much beloved character of mine that I will one day certainly scrap and cannibalize for another character whom I enjoy even more.

Talking about myself at length doesn't come naturally to me, so I'll keep this as brief as I can without essentially running the sand out without having said anything useful.

In short, I'm a writer, one who has been at this trade for as long as I've been conscious, roughly since I became a teenager. I was writing for years before that, but it was naturally horrible and embarrassing to the point where it genuinely concerns me to think about revisiting it one of these days. My stories are, more than anything, explorations of the untouched and oft ignored places of fantasy worlds. I enjoy conflicts grounded in reality, characters with dreams and aspirations that are limited only by their will and cleverness to reach them. I enjoy banter, characters debating philosophy and economics, and sincere conversations that leave a lasting affect on the participants well after it ended.

My worlds ideally have technology available to them prior to the fifteenth century. That being said, I have no interest in alternative history or Earth-lite settings.

As for the person themselves- I'm a woman, I'm twenty-three, I've been a Communist since the Middle School field trip to Washington D.C, and don't particularly enjoy family pets. I'm a habitually quiet person and an ardent practitioner of nonviolence. I value human life as the only thing of any material worth and view war as contemptable and advocate for democracy on all levels in every aspect of life.

Also, I like kissing girls and boys and only slightly prefer the former over the latter.