T

Talhar v2

Original poster
I. Introduction
II. Plot
III. Character Sheet skeleton

-----------

Introduction

This rp will take place in the Gintama-verse and consist of a small playerbase roleplaying as the Yorozuya. While NPCs are free to be cannon and to be used at your leisure, the characters we play as, are to be Original Characters and created by their respective owners. Basicly this rp will be a mix between OC & Cannon.

The Yorozuya aren't limited in numbers and in case there are many people interested and willing to play in this rp, there will be a Posting Order set so that the odds of being left behind is minimized. However, if there are only a handful of people up for playing in this verse, then there won't be a Posting Order.

I don't wish to create rules or demands, and in no means is it necessary to be a flawless writer/roleplayer, I do want to emphasize the needs of trying to create immersiveful posts that your roleplay buddies can work with and respond to. I don't believe in postlengths that have to be set in stone, but do attempt to write more than one/a few lines in a post, as it will be hard to respond to otherwise and will stifle the desire of your co-op roleplayers to write immersive posts themselves.

Plot

The roleplay will start off with our characters either already being part of the Yorozuya, or a prospect/future member. That's for the player to decide how they want to start their character's story. As this is a Gintama RP, there won't be an overarching storyline from the get-go and will be more of a wing-it roleplay where the stories are created by the players themselves and can range from any kind of genre, from drama and romance to absurd humor and thrilling action or mystery.

Basicly the story will be tailored by the players, through the OOC Thread or simply by improvising on the spot.

Character Sheet skelly

Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Personality:
(Short or long) Biography/History:
Weapons/Powers/Misc:
Anything you want to add:

~~

Hoping to kick this roleplay off asap once enough people sign up, so don't be shy and sign up if this roleplay is up your alley.

Cheers,

I had hoped from the moment I saw you... *sniffles* May I reserve this spot for my character sheet? :) I have been wanting a Gintama RP for soo long!

EDIT: @Talhar v2 Here we are! Let me know if I should change or fix anything! I am so pumped for this RP @_@

Name: Miyu
(given by her first master because her original name, Minloshniyugear, was just too difficult to remember, let alone pronounce)​

Race: Amanto​

Appearance:
Miyu has dark red hair and golden eyes.​
480d8bed.jpg

Personality:
Normally she is very calm, level headed and quite naive, if not sadly submissive to the point where she will take a beating in silence. She is mostly passive and is still learning to understand her recent freedom as well as human customs. It takes a blow to the head to transform her from docile to a violent fighting machine that can cause terrible damage to her target and the building she resides in.​

(Short or long) Biography/History:
Miyu was caught by a slave trading Amanto at fifteen on another planet and was brought to earth. Her race resembled humans right down to being the weakest in the galaxy. She was bought by a very wealthy man who had been a very strong samurai and hated the Amanto due to the ban put in place since their invasion. She was beaten every night, whenever he saw her, but never bad enough to leave marks or beyond swelling that would be lessened by the morning. Luckily, he did not know her race had exceptional healing abilities.​

During one of his usual angry rants he took a sake bottle to her head, knocking her to the floor. When she stood to her feet again she proceeded to beat her master into unconsciousness and burned down his home. She had no recollection of the events, having blacked out after the last strike. Sadly, however, she ended up in another trader's arsenal and moved from owner to owner, each one trading her off once they found out about her beastly temperament. She eventually found out about her sudden and violent change in mood. There was nothing she could do by then.​

Miyu decided to start wearing a helmet in order to protect her head from injury and turning into a raging monster. She was able to find work again as a waitress. The owner thought it was strange that she wore a helmet, but she was an Amanto. Her docile nature made dealing with angry customers very easy and she was praised for never causing trouble or fighting with the customers. One night, when she stayed behind to clean and close up, she took off her helmet to scratch an itch and decided to keep it off since there was no one else there but her.​

A thief broke in and attempted to knock her out with the end of his shinai. Miyu transformed and wound up destroying the restaurant and nearly killing the thief, who turned out to be a young boy. After that she left that town, unable to face anyone there again. She finally took up residence in Edo, where she currently wanders aimlessly, looking for some purpose.​

Weapons/Powers/Misc:
Due to trauma from a head injury her personality changes almost spontaneously from calm and submissive to violently angry when struck in the head. When this occurs she locks onto a target, namely the one who hit her in the head, and stops at nothing to bring harm to them. During this time her strength is multiplied exponentially.​

When docile, she has normal human strength and in some cases even below that. There is a phrase that can snap her out of her raging state, but it is so random that even she doesn't remember it, yet if the phrase is used she will cease rampaging instantly. It works like a hypnotist's cue word.​
*perhaps we could plan out this phrase exactly. I really wanted it to be something in the realm of Gintama but I cannot fathom something so awkwardly random on my own lol

Last edited by a moderator:
@CrimsonMaiden

Definitely, feel free to create your character when you feel the feels. ^^

I'll work on my own sometime today as well :)

Reactions: 2 people
@CrimsonMaiden

Very nice :)

I'll post mine up sometime soon and try to come up with a funny catchphrase as well ^^

Hat's off to ya; Hat, Is, Off. ^^

Mwahaha! Thank you! I had a smaller skeleton from a previous Gintama RP that sadly didn't happen but I added a bit more to her character here.

I can't wait to see your CS! :shocked:

@CrimsonMaiden

Name: Sui Feng
Race: Yato
Appearance:
feng__character_sheet__by_akkocchi-d7fpkcc.png

Personality:
Often misunderstood due to his serious, even mean, facial expression; He doesn't let that impact him too much though, he does his thing whether anyone approves or not. Inside he's a caring young man with a dry, sarcastic sense of humor yet it often passes as deadserious business due to his face. Additionally he has trouble controlling his strength, which often results in disastrous results for anyone or anything near him. And eventhough he's a Yato, there are only a few things able to trigger his bloodlust and desire to fight. For example, looking at him funny; Or breathing, especially breathing!

Seriously though, he's a good lad! Just a bit off in the head, otherwise a good lad!

Biography/History: To be played out IC

Weapons/Powers/Misc: Extreme strength, speed and combat reflexes + a fancy shmancy umbrella!

Note: I didn't want to reveal too much pre-RP since I always find it more fun to rp and make my partner wonder what will come next, if you reveal too much beforehand you take some of the magic away...And Sui loves magic, he even has a special Magic Jazzhands dance!

I may be pushing it since the thread has only been up for a few days, but after the last one... Maybe it would do some good to draw some traffic this way. Perhaps you should submit a banner. I can post it in the Roleplay Talk forum as well. I would really like to have a little group here if we can get one. But, it's just a suggestion! :flail:

@CrimsonMaiden

Go ahead and post it in the Roleplay Talk Section :) Would be fun to have a few more participants for sure.

About the banner, I can try to get something together but I suck at it x(

Not at all, looking forward to reading your CS & roleplaying with ya :)

Yay!! Someone else has join us!! :'D

About the banner, I can try to get something together but I suck at it x(

I believe there is an option to let someone else make the banner if you provide a picture and what you want it to say. :)
I'm not much good at making banners so that is an option if we don't want the painstaking fail of creating our own.

To be fair, this is quite a niche-theme for a RP so I doubt it'll attract much more people :)

I think after Akuma finishes his CS, it's best to start the rp.

Wha'cha say?

Ahh...I guess you're right :x
That's fine, do what you will. I have no problem with starting at all. :bouncy:

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed."
Name: Akuma Hikaru
Race: Kiheitai
Appearance:
tAG_100036.jpg

Personality: He is the average silent man, some call him the man without words or the whisperer, he seems to carry something like a shadow on his shoulders, but he is normally relaxed and does speak at times when he feels it is necessary feels like being friendly. Most do not mess around with him but for those who actually know him, know him as a very good work partner.
(Short or long) Biography/History: to be found through ic...if thats okay
Weapons/Powers/Misc:
1. Sword Manipulation
The user can create, shape and otherwise manipulate swords in single or multiples, including supernatural, mythical ones, to perfectly normal ones, and have exceptional proficiency with swords to use telekinetically control them and attack with how ever they please.

2. Sword Beam Emission
The user can use a sword or other such bladed weapon to fire powerful energy beams or use the beams to enhanced the slashes and stabbing powers of the swordsman.

3. Enhanced Swordsmanship​
Users are able to demonstrate a natural aptitude for the ways of the sword. The user is able to wield a sword with great proficiency in speed, power, and skill, allowing them to perform feats such as stopping and deflecting bullets, decimate large objects or areas, cutting through hard materials such as steel, and even hold back their strength to deal damage to their foes without killing them.

The user is also able to operate with little or no effort, deliver skillful strikes to weak points with great precision. This ability also allows the users to become naturally skilled with multiple swords or any bladed weapon regardless of shape or size to suit their needs in combat.
(let me know if he is too op)

Theme song:

(sooo sorry i took so long, i was in the middle of testing and all this other bs but im good now i hope we can continue)​

Status
Not open for further replies.