2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Science-Fiction, Science-Fantasy, Magical Girl, Mystery, Slice of Life,
It is a fact that people usually live their lives during the day and rest at night so they have enough energy for tomorrow. But what about college students, people working graveyard shifts or the ones who are addicted to parties? What if it is a weekend and nobody has to go to work the next day? That is where the night life comes in. Night life is usually colourful, wild and free of the inhibitions of the day. In the worse parts of the town, even gangs may start to roam the streets, looking for trouble. Police have to be on the edge at this time and at their best if they do not want for things to get out of hand.

Your exercise is to establish the night life for a settlement of your choice. You can use the following questions to help you in constructing the complete night scene or you can just make it your own way.

How big is the settlement you would like to describe?

Does the settlement have a famous entertainment sector? If so, what facilities does it offer?

What other forms of entertainment does the settlement offer?

What is the name of the most famous place of entertainment in the city? What is it famous for?

Is there a place in the settlement with a bad reputation?

How safe is the night? Is there any area of the settlement where the safety is especially bad?

How does a party look like?

How does a pub look like?

What do people do during parties?

How would a night be summarised for your average party-goer?

Do shady things, such as drug-dealing, take place in the night?

Are there famous party spots? If so, what are they?

• Thank You
Reactions: Minibit
Very small. 'Settlement' describes it well.

Does the settlement have a famous entertainment sector? If so, what facilities does it offer?
There's no 'sector', per se, but there is a restaurant with a bar that opens at 7 (the bar, not the whole facility)

Fishing is said by some to yield better results at night, though the trek through the valley to the stream is dangerous in the dark, this is a popular site for enthusiasts. On weekends, there are sometimes bonfire festivals in the village square

What is the name of the most famous place of entertainment in the city? What is it famous for?
Probably the town square; there's always something going on there, although not typically at night

If you live on the outskirts, be home before dark or crash in town. The roads are dangerous

How safe is the night? Is there any area of the settlement where the safety is especially bad?
^

Five or more people drinking at the bar.

There aren't any

People don't typically dance except for festivals, but there is often music, food and drink, and generally good company

How would a night be summarised for your average party-goer?
Went to the bar, has a few, laughed a lot, went home, my feet are sore now.

If they do, they're very well concealed.

Reactions: Villamvihar
When night life is mentioned, clubs pop in my mind. Varies lights shining on and off with blaring music in a crowded hall plays in my head. But what I really want to know is the night life of a city inhabited by fantasy races such as dark elves and nocturnal anthros or half human half beasts creatures.

neon_tokyo_by_narandel-d5kydnp.jpg

I wanted to say New York or Tokyo but let's start a little smaller. Let's say it is a small city.

Every place deserves a famous entertainment sector but I find it difficult thinking what sort of facilities it has to offer. Maybe a shopping mall instead of a market or bazaar where the people goes shopping for their basic needs, armors weapons, potions, spells or charms. What's things we see as decorations now could be a magical item here.

We are talking about night life here. In my head, belly dance comes to mind. But when talking about dark creatures of the underworld, maybe fight clubs is more entertaining. Dark creatures would probably feel the rush of blood when watching bloody matches. But for a safe kind of entertainment, maybe the movies or the opera?

Probably something dwarvish or dark elvish. In English, its probably called Blood Night or Crimson Candy. I'm bad at giving names.

Many.

You should probably stay somewhere bright with lights. Stay out of dark alleys. The slums or the underground flee market is dangerous as well. The place is dark even in the mornings.

A party is a place crowded with people, chilling, relaxing, drinking beers, or dancing. Music is blaring, rhythm is good. The lights hypnotizes you, putting you in a trance. I don't know what I'm talking about.

Depends of the pub. Some pubs looks calm and peaceful with the air smelling like perfume. Those are classy pubs. Some are dirty and smelly with unattractive people.

People probably drink, talk, and joke. I love karaoke. But in a fantasy world, a bard is a must. For a fantasy world mixed with the modern or futuristic world, the bard would be the DJ.

How would a night be summarized for your average party-goer?

He probably say, "It was a happening night."

Of course. No doubts about that. The Elder Scroll: Skooma.

Are there famous party spots? If so, what are they?

The harbour. The beach. The skyscraping tower. The lighthouse. Maybe somewhere ridiculous like the temple. Of course, its gotta be the most famous club in town.

Reactions: Villamvihar