Friend is trying to register for Iwaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trial by Fire

Original poster
And is coming across this error. As far as I know, he's never used Iwaku before and I'm not sure what advice to give him in order to resolve the problem. Maybe someone here can help? Thanks in advanced!

[spoili]
4ab6d3b4c4b4fc07fcd0f6050de7af0d.png
[/spoili]

That looks like you're going to have to seek assistance from Administration. Essentially, the IP being used by your friend has been caught for spam repeatedly in the past and has been blocked. Now, I'm not saying it's your friend who was/is doing the spamming! Sometimes, IPs are not always unique, so this may be a case of confused identity.

First off, make sure they aren't using a VPN or proxy IP address service to access the site. This includes things like the TOR browser that have built-in anonymity functions. Many of those sorts of things are blocked because spambots use them a lot. If they were using one then have them try without it and see if that resolves the problem.

If that was not the cause of the issue, have them check their IP on a site like whatismyip.com, have them send you the info that comes up, and send that to me. I can take a look at our spam filters and see what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.