1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Just a little something something to have fun with - the idea is a sandbox style RP set in the far future with space travel and colonized planets. Still on the fence though about FTL and aliens though, I've seen too many god modders in my day.

Anyways, picture a gritty space port city filled with mercenaries, pirates... Maybe we'll throw in some illegal cybernetics and "unbound" AI, a drug smuggling ring, the works.

And for what purpose? I don't know, whatever we feel like. Maybe an exotic cruiser stops in for an emergency landing after engine failure, and some stuff is stolen. Maybe a few desperate lawmen are clinging to the last vestiges of order. Maybe a corporate executive is trying to buy out the place and raze it to the ground.

Throw in some robots and I'm in lol XD jk

I'm in, Going to put some observations in red in your post

Just a little something something to have fun with - the idea is a sandbox style RP set in the far future with space travel and colonized planets. Still on the fence though about FTL and aliens though, I've seen too many god modders in my day.
FTL: Only Capital Ships can FTL, the drive requires HUGE amounts of energy, so FTL combat and FTL ramming is out of the question. Gravity also messes with FTL, so no in-system FTL. and no FTL on planets or deathstars ect. and no FTL'ing peoples in to black holes. This also means that there is likely to be 'official mapped' FTL routs, and 'back ally' FTL routs for smuggling. and Good luck making a FTL weapon, if you fire a gun out of a FTL feild with you standing inside of it, you catch up with the bullet at such a speed you shoot yourself in the chest, and this scales right the way up to capital weapons.

Aliens: Ailen Rules:
1) No Telikines (IE no mind readers, people who can do things with their mind, ect) Read as: No magic.
2) No Silicon based life forms, (no rock people)
2.5) All Androids are exactly the same as humans strength, speed, agility, and intelegence wise, unless made WEAKER for some reason. we've had 1 robot uprising in the past allready, we ain't having another.
3) No light based life forms
3) Nothing which can in any way shape or form be related to or compared to Tyranids, Zerg, xenomorphs (AvP) or Predators (AvP).
4) it it has more than 4 legs its banned
5) If it has 'massively superior intelligence to humans' it needs to also have 'massively weaker than humans' or some converse issue. (EG Martians from war of the worlds, super smart, immensely powerful, but needed to drink blood to survive AND had no immune system.)
6) All technology is at a even level, so no just because you are a ailen dosn't mean your twiddly little star fighter has FTL systems.
7) No space demons,
8) No 'some how is highly effective on humans' crap.
9) PM the GM (Or co-Gm should he elect one) with your Ailen race and sheet BEFORE posting it.

Anyways, picture a gritty space port city filled with mercenaries, pirates... Maybe we'll throw in some illegal cybernetics and "unbound" AI, a drug smuggling ring, the works.
Unboud AI are cool, untill someone decides to play one. because 1 unbound ai character = 1 person in total command of a capital class ship.

Reactions: GreenSea
Le bump - anyone else?

I'd be interested, though it's a shame you seem tentative to allow alien characters. I've always liked playing non-humans, but I can see how people would use that as an excuse to make them overpowered. The point of aliens isn't that they're powerful, it's that they're different.

Reactions: Galgallin
I'm glad you understand my hesitation with aliens! And I'm also glad to see that you're interested. That makes three people, so I'll go ahead and post a thread.

Reactions: GreenSea
awesome, I won't be on tomorrow so You should have a cs by Wednesday at the latest.

Take your time, I'm a bit of a slow roleplayer myself. I also won't be requiring CSs, all I ask is that people post a half decent paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.