❝ fragile, foolish spine ❞ ⇢ a 1x1 partner search

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marya morevna

Original poster
sawmea.jpg
HELLO! Welcome, fair stranger, to this humblest of roleplay searches. I'm Mar (or Anna, if RL names are your thing) and I a purveyor of dramatic exposés and decorated veteran of fangirlery. //theatrical flourish
I'm a female of some twenty-three years, residing within the chilly confines of Canada, in a province plagued by ruthless wind and vindictive geese. My days are spent in attempt to be productive – a task often resulting in failure considering the Internet's various distractions are the bane of my existence.

Engaging plots and dynamic characters are sweet ambrosia to my writer's soul; I aim to bring quality writing to any table I visit.
This ad is targeted towards original plotlines in the vein of: fantasy (from high to low, modern to Victorian to medieval), science fiction (from space odysseys to alien invasions), post-apocalyptic utopias/dystopias, and, last but not least, Eldritch(Lovecraftian) horror. Almost something for everyone, I'd imagine, so do message me if anything catches your fancy!

If anyone wishes to roleplay the drow, I will marry that person on the spot.

• • •

STYLE My replies are written in 3rd​ person, past tense, and fall within the range of 400-500ish words per character – a length that prevents me from burning out and provides for enough content, in my modest views.

CHARACTERS & WORLDBUILDING I prefer m/f and f// pairings and my wish is to start off doubling. I find comfort and enjoyment in such a setup, having written this way since my earliest forays into roleplaying.
Beyond doubling, it would be fantastic to have a cast that expands and grows along with the roleplay. World-building and exploring the various nooks and crannies of the setting does tend to provide ample opportunities for the inclusion of additional characters. This gives freedom to jump between locations and see what characters elsewhere are doing: a method that ensures the plot seldom goes stale.
⇢ Now here's something worth bringing up: sometimes we will have pairings in mind…but when the characters interact, they are just too different. To the point where the both of us realize they just don't mesh. And hey, that's fine! There can be more pairings and more characters that interact together in order to drive the story along.
⇢ I do at times use faceclaims or reference images for my characters and I am happy to take requests for faceclaims. I'm pretty lax here. On occasion, I draw characters.

COMMITMENT I seek partners for longterm roleplaying who can provide me with a daily reply. Being an impatient lady, I become quite fretful, and not to mention bored, if left waiting too long. My apologies for this particular trait. Consider it to be my tragic flaw.

LIMITS By way of limits, not many things ruffle my feathers, so allow me to abide by yours. I will admit to being greatly bothered by non-consensual acts. If used as a background plot-point or in mention, this is absolutely fine. Anything beyond that and I shall, as they say, bid a rousing "peace out, girl scout" and make my departure. The same applies to anything done with animals, children, or dead things. Apart from that? Bring on the gritty and the macabre. Bring on the dark and the morally ambiguous.
⇢ Another thing to mention, and one of utmost importance, is that I roleplay exclusively with individuals who are 18+.

SMUT I do love my smut. All I ask is that it is not gratuitously thrown in for the mere sake of writing kinky erotica. If characters are to engage in some canoodling, let them do so in a way that makes sense within the context of the all-encompassing plot (i.e. let the plot lead them to it). Characters end up having a 'one night stand'? You bet I'd love to explore the psychological ramifications of that. Characters finally fall into one another's arms after a prolonged time spent wallowing in sexual tension? Ditto. Lets keep things realistic.
⇢ If you have specific kinks you wish to include, feel free to bring them up. We can discuss everything. ((For example, every female character of mine ends up being a Domme, regardless of social personality, while the males can go either way.))

LOCATION For writing venues, private messages or email are my preferred milieu. PMs can also be employed for ooc chatting – though I would be happy to offer my Skype and/or GChat (Google Hangouts).

CONTACTING When you message me, please give me a general run down of what you'd like to roleplay and what your deal is.
⇢ I reserve myself the right to reply with scathing sarcasm to anyone who sends me a one-sentence message in the spirit of 'hi do you want to roleplay?' Ye have been warned, wary travellers.

• • •

Disclaimer: Below are the 'genres' I like to roleplay and then also more specific 'topics/plot ideas'.

GENRES
high fantasy: sprawling mythical landscapes filled with magic, ancient artifacts, warring realms, and, of course, with various fantasy races
low fantasy: more of a 'realistic setting' with hints and promises of the fantastical and the supernatural (could be set in any timeframe, from modern-day to medieval times)
science fiction: colonizing other planets and exploring the far reaches of galaxies previously unseen by man; warring with other planets and their inhabitants or perhaps holding diplomatic functions in order to establish interplanetary treaties
post-apocalyptic/apocalyptic: the end of an era, where all civilization as ever it was known has fallen or is in the process of deteriorating before the eyes of the horrified populace; from nuclear fallouts, to spreading viruses, to alien invasions…
eldritch/lovecraftian horrors: ancient, incomprehensible evils and obscure sanity-shaking mysteries lurk just beyond the fringes of human awareness

TOPICS
the drow: militaristic, matriarchal dark elves living in subterranean kingdoms and worshiping a chaotic, capricious Spider-Goddess? Yes please x 100
the fae: from the semi-helpful tricksters to the nightmarish monsters keen on leading people to their certain doom, it would be interesting to explore the mythological Fae
victorian mysteries: secrets and magic lurking behind the closed shutters of prim and proper boarding schools; mental asylums shutting away those who sweat they're not insane, who swear that the strange phenomena they have witnessed are real.
supernatural containment facility: an organization dedicated to containing entities, locations, and objects that violate natural law. (Heavily influenced by the fictional SCP Foundation.)
any other fantasy/sci-fi ideas: just tell me your thoughts!

• • •

That is the entirety of my spiel and I do hope I have captured some small scrap (oh, alliteration!) of your attention. Thank you very much for reading through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.