Forbidden Magic

• Thread starter Lady of the Dragons
  • Start date
Kabur was unsure what to do, as he listened to the exchange....escape? No. Kabur didnt want to escape, he wanted to get revenge for what they had done to his village. However some small part of him did want to escape this dam kingdom, and then what? Join another village? Become a hermit in the woods?
Maybe. Just might be that he would do it, at the very least he'll get to kill some of the soldiers so why not. But these people.....a crazy(?) woman with magic?Dangerous, very dangerous......but what did that make him? Besides I'll bet that we can rely on her. Ok so another one of this group, an elf with an attitude, dont possibly know if he has magic....we'll find out eventually. He does have weapons, once again we'll find out if he's reliable in battle. Hmmmm, a woman by the looks, the one that was in front of him, if she was brought here by the woman surely she can do something, maybe we could rely on her in battle? Finally we have the man, definitely magic even a babe could smell it. But is he dependable?
Deciding to play the mute on this one Kabur stood up straight to his full height, much higher than the others, and took off his hood to make sure they all knew what he was. Without a word he let himself bend over into his usual size once again, whence done he leaned heavily on his walking stick and slowly moved nodded a yes to the woman, a yes that meant he would go with her to this....gate.....

"Hm." Darius uttered a flat, monotonic expression of approval. Tones of calculation and analysis could be felt within the single syllable as it flowed out of his mouth and seemed to lace itself around the air, probing, poking, pushing, investigating.

Nothing.

He rolled his shoulders somewhat elaborately and folded his hands behind his head.

"I'm all yours then." That woman was a mass of rainbow coloured words, a chaotic tumble and turn with no clear bodily language or motive on the sleeve.

Leon only stared at all of them. The woman with the frilly umbrella had made it clear that she would help them escape. That was a plus. The minus, however, was that she believed them all to be magics users.

Leon got a good look at all of the different people around him, and he did seem to feel a strong aura around each and every one of them. Well good for them, but where does that leave me?

"I can't use magic."he blurted out. As much as he hated to admit at, and during a time like this no doubt, Leon could not help them in any way. Then again, Mis Alvida did say that she would help then. But Leon didn't believe in "free rides". Something always came with a price. Leon glared at the lady with the strange laugh. "I am only an elf."

[DASH=orange]"I'm all yours then." The man had simply shrugged and gone along for the ride. Alvida smiled. "Well, welcome then."
The troll nodded at her, signaling he would go along with them as well. Alvida laughed. "Kwee kee kee. I am very pleased!" She looked at the elf.
A face of uncertain judgment crossed him. Before long he managed to blurt out something. "I can't use magic." He admitted. There was some pause before he continued. "I am only an elf." He ended this statement with a glare.
Alvida smiled at him and almost patted his head. "My butterfly chose you. My butterflies know. Why do you think my butterflies would choose you? Kwee kee kee..." She didn't answer that question, but left it open in the air.
Alvida turned to the maiden. "You. Will you join? I hope you can defend yourself. Kwee kee kee...."[/DASH]

"Hm."

Darius stuffed his hands into his pockets and said not more. For someone of his philosophy of magic, it showed that he was rather preoccupied with something else.

Stepping forward a little and lowering her hood, Soah finally decided to speak. She'd been silent up to this point, listening to everyone speak. There was no reason, though, she thought, to distrust this woman. This woman had seemingly won over the others and had proved to be quite accommodating, even if she was also a little bit disconcerting.

Finally, after a while of being just someone at the sidelines, Soah was ready to make a judgement and to speak with the others. Thinking to her brothers, Soah could only hope that it was in the best interest of hers to accept help from the woman. She was inclined to believe her as some sort of providence, since her whole mission had been to escape.

"You'll help, though, correct? Not simply use us as squishy pawns in your own bid for escape?"

[DASH=orange]"You'll help, though, correct? Not simply use us as squishy pawns in your own bid for escape?"

The young lady spoke up after some time of being quiet. Alvida smiled. A genuine mature smile not made from a childish nature. "Of course, young maiden. Kwee kee kee." She twirled her parasol lightly.

I must help you all...

Alvida jumped up from the barrel she was standing on and landed on the ground. "Now, those who want freedom, follow me! But be quiet." She darted quickly and quietly like a mouse, quietly hiding in the shadows. Luckily guards happened to be doing their rounds on the other side of this alley, and many were scarce. She beckoned to the others in the alleyway to follow her and to stay in the shadows.

Their destination was set and their purpose was clear.

Chapter 2: Escape the Fiery Kingdom

The Gates of Enter and Leave were the only entrance and exit of the kingdom. The rest of the perimeter was a thick stone wall that towered above the town. Guards practically littered the gate. They were everywhere, talking, marching, some of them chugging down some alcohol they likely didn't pay for. All of them were fitted with large rifles and certainly wouldn't hesitate to shoot.
Alvida watched them with a curious eye. If they were able to either kill or knock them out, Alvida could easily open the gates and all of them could escape. Of course Mackyl would send some horsemen after them. And Alvida had to admit, she rarely ventured outside the walls at all. There could be anything out there, and she wouldn't know. But it was worth it, she knew. The fighting voice inside of her kept telling her she had to get out. There would be danger. Alvida knew there would be an obstacle every step of their path.

Not that she minded really.

"Kwee kee kee, ready to fight?" Alvida turned her parasol upside down and tapped the top of it twice on the ground. It instantly transformed into an elegant but deadly sword. She let the moonlight glint off of the blade before letting out a small chuckle from her lips.
"This will be nice. So long since I got to fight."[/DASH]

Kabur nodded his head again, having been silent the entire trip to the wall and staying at the back of the group, never revealing to them what he could do in case any of them proved untrustworthy. But now....Kabur simply smiled, and started breathing deeply. Mentally preparing himself for the fight that was to come, the very air around him seeming to get hotter and dryer with every breath.
(Sorry it's short, but have to get this moving along!)