2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
hqdefault.jpg

Unless you're Kirby, there must be something you can't or don't like to eat. It may be because of health issues, a particular diet you follow, or simply preference. What food do you tend to avoid?​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie and Dipper
Once upon a time my family liked cooking bittermelon (pretty common for the Chinese). Extremely healthy, except - because its overwhelming flavor profile is literally just an overwhelming sort of bitter - it invariably tasted like shit.

I'm not a soup guy, maybe it's just not substantial enough. Alternate theory is when I hit up restaurants as a kid there'd always be a starter soup and it'd just take away room in my lil' belly for the good stuff.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Milk products. I'm allergic to cow's milk, which is annoying as all hell D:<

Bananas. I just hate them. Dunno why. Just do.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Okay so, I'm a very picky eater like super picky but two food items come to mind.

1. Tomatoes
When I was young, my aunty used to force feed myself and my other cousins to eat salads of all the healthy ass stuff to eat. And I'm talking about being a 7 year-old eating salad. I didn't mind the greens and even the raw onion she used to put in them but whenever I bit into a tomato and those sour juices just explode in my 7 year-old mouth, I gagged and vomitted on reflex. Even until now, I pick my tomatoes out and/ or off my food because the sourness of my childhood still lives on in my memories and I'm traumatised forever.

2. Avocadoes
I've heard that avocadoes taste different, depending on where they grow because of the climate and etc. but I don't understand how people can eat it plain. Like with honey on a slice of toast, fine but it alone??? Maybe it's just me but when I tried avocado for the first time, it was as disappointing as finding out Shrek 5 was only coming out in 2019. It tasted like the yolk of a hard-boiled egg mashed with pureed grass and dirt.

I tend to avoid cooked raw mushrooms if I can aka the ones that don't come in a can. I don't know why, but I'm just not a huge fan of them, whereas mushrooms that come from a can is food I love. I'm also not a huge fan of super dark chocolate that's around 70% and up.

With just a handful of exceptions sea food is a total no go for me. Even walking in smell range of a fish counter make me want to vomit. I just can't stand it. According to my mother I used to love fish when I was a toddler. I am skeptical of that claim.

Last edited:
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Greenie
I can't eat Oatmeal, I just can't. I've tried and tried and tried and it ends up in failure each and every time. The smell, sight or even the sound of it makes me want to vomit :"D As far back as I can remember, I've never been able to eat it. Even my mom couldn't get me to eat it.

What's ironic is I can eat oats uncooked! I like to eat em' like a smol snack or with milk and a teensy bit of sugar sprinkled on top and some fruit.

• Sympathy & Compassion
I'm allergic to plums, for some reason. You'll be happy to know that cookies are not out of the question.

:cookie:

• Haha
I can manage to force myself to eat a lot of things when it comes to being polite in social settings.
Mayonnaise is not on that list. The fatty greasy feel in my mouth, the sliminess of it, the taste... I like no part of it. I will secretly wipe it on the side of the plate or whatever it takes, even in a restaurant, because I just can't eat it.

Hot dog meat. Absolutely revolting.

There's this dish we have in Sweden, which is made out of pig blood (or any animal blood that you can get). I cannot really translate the name of the dish but it has blood in it, yuck. It comes from the northern part of Sweden but is usually served in schools and other places. You can even get premade in the store. Old people LOVE it and I just find it so disgusting. It's only blood, wheat and maybe some seasoning of your choice; mix it all together and fry it like a pancake ; _ ; .

I remember that they used to serve it at school and I refused to eat it. You usually eat it with bacon and lingonberry jam, so I only ate the bacon and jam.

Reactions: SerpentJournal
There's this dish we have in Sweden, which is made out of pig blood (or any animal blood that you can get). I cannot really translate the name of the dish but it has blood in it, yuck. It comes from the northern part of Sweden but is usually served in schools and other places. You can even get premade in the store. Old people LOVE it and I just find it so disgusting. It's only blood, wheat and maybe some seasoning of your choice; mix it all together and fry it like a pancake ; _ ; .

I remember that they used to serve it at school and I refused to eat it. You usually eat it with bacon and lingonberry jam, so I only ate the bacon and jam.

Uuuusch, this. Äcklig blodpudding.

I was convinced there wasn't any kind of food I felt grossed out about, but thanks for reminding me of this. I agree! lmao

I was convinced there wasn't any kind of food I felt grossed out about, but thanks for reminding me of this. I agree! lmao

Fellow Swede, hallåj!

Yes, this is probably the only Swedish dish that I would N E V E R eat and every time I walk past it in the stores I shiver and run away lmfao

Texture is a big food problem for me. If it feels unpleasant in my mouth then I can't make myself eat it. Raw tomatoes, oranges, beef that isn't cooked all the way through (this is why I'm a steak heathen who only eats it well done), and whole grain bread are some of the things that come to mind that I've spat out instead of eating. Oh, and the very idea of sushi, the raw fish sort, makes me wanna vomit.

beef that isn't cooked all the way through (this is why I'm a steak heathen who only eats it well done),
Oh, and the very idea of sushi, the raw fish sort, makes me wanna vomit.
^^^^^^^^
I don't think I'll ever be able to eat anything other than well done meat.

And definitely not sushi. I dunno if smoked salmon is counted as cooked or uncooked, but it made me gag the one time I tried it and yeah, never again.

Sprite o_o I can't drink it. It's more a past 'trauma' but because of that event even just a sip makes me nauseated. Funnily, something like 7up I find delicious.

Tonic water/sparkling water is out of the question. *BLERGH*

Chicken nuggets and fish sticks. I hate it. It tastes mushy and plain disgusting to me. The only type of chicken nuggets I can eat are the ones made with chicken breast that isn't processed. And fish sticks ... nothing can make me eat that abomination.

Canned meals too. Chef Boyardee, spaghetti-os. No. Just no. It looks as bad as taste to me. And always so salty.

• Haha
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Spekkun and Greenie

Hahaha, I like blood pudding all right.
Goose blood soup, on the other hand...

Reactions: SerpentJournal
Hahaha, I like blood pudding all right.
Goose blood soup, on the other hand...

OH Right, I forgot that it was also called blood pudding. My boss calls it blodpalt and I had no idea how to translate it LOL. I've never tried goose blood soup, and by the sound of the name... Yeah no thanks x]

As some have mentioned, texture is a huge thing for me as well with food. Things that feel weird in my mouth combined with odd tastes just make me gag outright. While I was in the hospital I didn't have much choice in what I had to eat and if I didn't eat I would go in hypoglycemia and that was really no fun. Badly cooked egg based food like quiche or frittata was horrible and I actually had to send it back because I was gagging too hard. Anything uncooked also grosses and freaks me out, so sushi and uncooked beef are a huge no for me.

I also cannot stand the smell and taste of most fish and seafood. I'm okay with crab, lobster, and the occasional shrimp but everything else is a huge no.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Spekkun and Greenie